Moore vs The Master

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Moore has never won a playoff game as an offensive coordinator = Edge Bill B

Career wise Belichick is the GOAT. As for this matchup while coaching matters having players to carry out the job matters a lot. NE has beaten the Jets and Texas with a rookie QB so all of Belichick knowledge means nothing if you do not have the players. People hear loving talking about the NFC Least, well AFC East with Jets, Dolphins and until recently Bills have not exactly been a top division.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
People can tell themselves whatever they want in order to feel better, but Tom Brady doesn't struggle in the rain. Never has. I've watched him for 20 years, and he had some of his best games in inclement weather.

I wouldn't expect Dak to have more than 200 passing yards in this game. Not just due to the elite secondary he will be playing against, but the matchups up front don't favor the Cowboys. Biadasz is a liability, and there's not a better interior pass rush in the league than the one you will be facing on Sunday. Whether it's Christian Barmore, Judon kicking inside, or the occasional A gap blitz by Uche or Hightower, the Patriots will be in Dak's face all night.

Kamara had 89 yards on the ground, by the way, and averaged only 3.7 yards per carry. This is exactly what I mean when I talk about being fooled by average yards allowed per game. Teams are only averaging 3.8 yards per carry against us, but they are forced to run the ball a lot because they have no success against our secondary. So you may very well put up 150 rushing yards, but you will have to run the ball 35-40 times to do so, and it won't help you score a lot of points when your passing game gets shut down. You're not going to be able to run at will on this defense in the red zone.
I'm just hoping to stay within 20 of you guys.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Kellen Moore hasn't had the pleasure of preparing for Belichick and his ever morphing defensive schemes but this will be a great experience for him and excellent preparation for the rest of the season. No other DC is going to out prep Belichick for the Cowboys.

On the other side of that are the teams the Cowboys have yet to play and their DC's watching to see how Belichick takes on the #1 offense in the league. And the tricky part of that is the balance the Cowboys have. Not such an easy task.

Belichick is known for taking away what an OC likes to do best, well, which is that? Moore has the #2 rush game and #10 pass game in yards but 3rd in TD's and 2nd in completion percentage. Pick your poison.

This past game, Belichick will see the Giants stack the box on film and the Cowboys still ran on them. Shades of the early 90's. It is not about what you allow me to do but what I want to do and can do.

He can sell out against the run but he really doesn't have the talent to defend a good passing game and for a run team, the Cowboys have a very good passing game. I do think the Cowboys are the hardest team to prepare for from the defensive perspective.

I know there is some concern Moore might get HC offers in the off season and this is the game that all GM eyes will be on him so the better he does against Belichick, the better the chance that we lose him sooner. But, I do not see anyway he doesn't leave soon anyway as he could have that "next McVay" light shining on him.

And we already know one owner and GM in Vegas that will have a keen eye on Young Kellen. And maybe one in NY?

Can you imagine being Kellen Moore this week and preparing for the man that is the living legend in defense in the NFL? This is exactly the kind of game that Belichick needs to right his ship and reclaim his legendary status. He missed that two games ago and this is his chance to grab that. Young Kellen will get his best.

I like the fact that Young Kellen has been playing chess instead of checkers because Sunday afternoon, he goes up against the Grand Master. The game within the game will be as interesting as the game itself.

I think Belichick will test the patience of Moore and see if the young OC is up for a tight game going into the 4th quarter, a New England specialty. They feed you the beans for 3 quarters and hope you run out of gas in the 4th quarter, the ever present strategy of a defensive genius.

I like Young Kellen's edge in this, he knows he has the better talent and he is capable of playing the game anyway The Master wants to play it and that is not something Belichick is used to facing.

Edge - Moore, Edge - Cowboys in a close one.

This 17th game added will be the most important game of the season because of the game within the game and the residual effect that can have on the rest of this season.

He has to stop the run and force the Cowboys to take chances is the passing game. I presume he will try to take away our success and tendency to run to the right side behind Martin and Steele. I think we will see a lot of opportunities one on one on the outside with Cooper and Lamb.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
People can tell themselves whatever they want in order to feel better, but Tom Brady doesn't struggle in the rain. Never has. I've watched him for 20 years, and he had some of his best games in inclement weather.

I wouldn't expect Dak to have more than 200 passing yards in this game. Not just due to the elite secondary he will be playing against, but the matchups up front don't favor the Cowboys. Biadasz is a liability, and there's not a better interior pass rush in the league than the one you will be facing on Sunday. Whether it's Christian Barmore, Judon kicking inside, or the occasional A gap blitz by Uche or Hightower, the Patriots will be in Dak's face all night.

Kamara had 89 yards on the ground, by the way, and averaged only 3.7 yards per carry. This is exactly what I mean when I talk about being fooled by average yards allowed per game. Teams are only averaging 3.8 yards per carry against us, but they are forced to run the ball a lot because they have no success against our secondary. So you may very well put up 150 rushing yards, but you will have to run the ball 35-40 times to do so, and it won't help you score a lot of points when your passing game gets shut down. You're not going to be able to run at will on this defense in the red zone.

TB12 struggled in the rain the last time the Cowboys played in foxsboro...so there is that, also maybe just maybe TB12 was a little in his own head playing as an enemy in Foxsboro for the first time...there also that...and lastly the teams you guys have played have been SHUT OUT by other teams but not your dominant defense..so there is that also...but keep telling me how this Cowboys offense is the fluke in this eqaution...I pray bb puts 8 in the box and mans up Cooper, Lamb, Wilson, Schultz, Pollard, Zeke...because others have tried and it has resulted in points..YOU DO NOT HAVE THE BUCCS FRONT 7 you will not stop this run straight up no chance....There was this other team with a "great defense" that also came here and told us "you aint gonna put points on this D" ....how did that go again?

willia451

Reaction score
nXG15fs.jpg

Reactions: BAT

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not really. He struggled because he had bad weapons that year. That wasn't the only game in which he struggled that season.

You can keep making excuses for why we shut down the best passing attack in the league, but Bill Belichick has done this his entire career. It shouldn't surprise anyone who has been paying attention. Just last season we held the Chiefs offense, who were at full strength and at their peak, to only 19 points at Arrowhead.

We won't stack the box much. If we do at all, it will be very rarely, and possibly only in the red zone.

Are you referring to Carolina? Because Carolina doesn't have the greatest defensive mind coaching their defense.

Lol yes Carolina you know that team that WAS ranked in the top before they played our offense...I dont care what you did against the Bucs to be honest, you can keep trying to tell yourself shutting one thing down against this offense will work....CLEARLY that has not worked for any team we have played...but go ahead tell me how we have not played a team as good as the pats...

rags747

Reaction score
This is part of your quote: Dallas' defense isn't bad but Buffalo's defense has two shutouts this season, albeit against very weak teams, Dallas isn't up to their level. But I'd expect a 10-14 point win at this point. Not sure why you mention Buffalo when we are playing NE.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That's what I thought, and as I stated, Carolina doesn't have the best defensive mind in the history of the sport game planning for them. Dak isn't Tom Brady, and Dallas isn't the Greatest Show on Turf, both of whom have been shut down by Bill Belichick.

LOL yup...that vaunted defens gave up 312 yards and 3 td's to Davis Mills......I mean people often compare him to Kurt Warner ....No doubt you'll be here in the event it plays out your way..just make sure you poke your head back in here when the Cowboys hang 30 on BB's defense..Again you better pray for rain and lots of it or your not gonna like what happens.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That defense wasn't at full strength last week. You won't have the luxury of going up against the same unit that Houston went up against. You'll be up against the unit that shut down Tom Brady.

Look who’s truly ‘making excuses’.
:rolleyes:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This game won’t be close, no running game and a rookie QB. Should be a piece of cake…
I would love to think this. But just two weeks ago, Brady and the defending SB champs went into Foxboro as big favorites and facing a rookie Mac Jones and the “depleted” pats. Yet it took a last minute comeback by Brady to win it 19-17.

And if you look at the box score for that game, the pats made it tough on Brady who was 22 of 43 (51% completion rate, well below his normal 67%) for 269 and no TDs. They only sacked Brady once but had a ton of hurries and made him very uncomfortable. The bucs were only 1-4 in the red zone.

Look I hope we have an “easy win” but I wouldn’t put any money on that. I expect this to be a lower scoring game that goes down to the wire. I expect the pats to try and run the ball on us and try and shorten the game. Our Offense is going to be tested. BB is a defensive genius and to think we just go in there and blow them out is highly unlikely in my view.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Brady wins the Super Bowl? You really don’t understand football is the Ultimate team game where coaching is extremely important.
Coincidently he goes to a team that hasn’t won it in two decades, hasn’t been a powerhouse nor a legitimate contender, but somehow wins the Super Bowl the first year he’s there. What a crazy coincidence. It is a team game, but the quarterback is the most important aspect.

lqmac1

Reaction score
You are making my point for me. Football is the ultimate team game. Goff is a good QB. He won with the Rams because he had a very good team around him and a very good coach. Goff is losing with Detroit because he has a bad team and mediocre coaching.

Belicheat and Brady are both cheaters. They both would have been successful without cheating, but they both did cheat. NE was fined and draft picks taken from them because of the cheating.
Would the have been as successful if they did not cheat?
I don’t know where you’re getting this “team game” thing from. I’ve never opposed it. All I said was BB hasn’t been successful without Brady. You can get your panties in a bunch all you want, but that’s facts. The team is garbage without Brady.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
So has Dak. If Moore as most OC's are calling a run and pass option, Dak seems to be making the right decision based on the look of the defense. Take the better matchup cause our skill players will all beat 1 on 1's.

Very true.

But Dak has been giving KM his roses after every game.

So has CD, so has Amari, Zeke, Schultz, Wilson and all the OL.

If anyone knows who's the brain behind this offensive explosion it is the players on offense.

lqmac1

Reaction score
That is true
But he is still one of the best defensive game planners ever
That’s valid, but my statement was him being overrated as a head coach which is true. This is his seventh season without Brady and only one of them have been above .500

lqmac1

Reaction score
Please stop saying this.. because it's wrong.. Belichick went 11-5 in Cleveland in 1994. He also went 11-5 in 2008 the year Brady got his knee taken out. If you're going to claim to be posting fact then do some research.
You’re right. My bad, I forgot about that season. But it is my opinion that he is overrated. I’m not asking you to agree with it and quite frankly I don’t care if you don’t. It’s MY opinion.