Moore vs The Master

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great post! It will be like Darth Sidious vs. Obi-Wan lol.

In all seriousness though, most fans have that moment they believe their team will be successful and garner confidence in them the rest of the season. This game is that for me.

NE is 2-3 with no home wins. What better way to cool off the fanbase by beating America's Team with a red hot offense, at home? Storylines will shift, drastically for the loser of this match. If the Patriots lose, the media will be all over the Brady/Belichek debacle, "whom carried whom throughout the dynasty blah blah, BB can't win at home, is he done?...blah, blah". But if the Cowboys lose, no one will take us that seriously because we would have losses to Brady and Belichek, which both have tremendous amounts of post-season success. So they will probably 'demote' us to a one and done team which if that is the case, I hope it doesn't throw the team's focus off....which I believe it won't.

If this team is serious about the post-season this is a must win! Not for seeding, but to permanently establish that confidence and drive they have in what they want to accomplish.

Xelda

Reaction score
Kellen Moore hasn't had the pleasure of preparing for Belichick and his ever morphing defensive schemes but this will be a great experience for him and excellent preparation for the rest of the season. No other DC is going to out prep Belichick for the Cowboys.

On the other side of that are the teams the Cowboys have yet to play and their DC's watching to see how Belichick takes on the #1 offense in the league. And the tricky part of that is the balance the Cowboys have. Not such an easy task.

Belichick is known for taking away what an OC likes to do best, well, which is that? Moore has the #2 rush game and #10 pass game in yards but 3rd in TD's and 2nd in completion percentage. Pick your poison.

This past game, Belichick will see the Giants stack the box on film and the Cowboys still ran on them. Shades of the early 90's. It is not about what you allow me to do but what I want to do and can do.

He can sell out against the run but he really doesn't have the talent to defend a good passing game and for a run team, the Cowboys have a very good passing game. I do think the Cowboys are the hardest team to prepare for from the defensive perspective.

I know there is some concern Moore might get HC offers in the off season and this is the game that all GM eyes will be on him so the better he does against Belichick, the better the chance that we lose him sooner. But, I do not see anyway he doesn't leave soon anyway as he could have that "next McVay" light shining on him.

And we already know one owner and GM in Vegas that will have a keen eye on Young Kellen. And maybe one in NY?

Can you imagine being Kellen Moore this week and preparing for the man that is the living legend in defense in the NFL? This is exactly the kind of game that Belichick needs to right his ship and reclaim his legendary status. He missed that two games ago and this is his chance to grab that. Young Kellen will get his best.

I like the fact that Young Kellen has been playing chess instead of checkers because Sunday afternoon, he goes up against the Grand Master. The game within the game will be as interesting as the game itself.

I think Belichick will test the patience of Moore and see if the young OC is up for a tight game going into the 4th quarter, a New England specialty. They feed you the beans for 3 quarters and hope you run out of gas in the 4th quarter, the ever present strategy of a defensive genius.

I like Young Kellen's edge in this, he knows he has the better talent and he is capable of playing the game anyway The Master wants to play it and that is not something Belichick is used to facing.

Edge - Moore, Edge - Cowboys in a close one.

This 17th game added will be the most important game of the season because of the game within the game and the residual effect that can have on the rest of this season.
Look at you talking all sexy!

lqmac1

Reaction score
True.. but there are probably 15 QBs who could have won a Super Bowl with that team. It's loaded.. tremendous defense.. stupid receiving corps.. hall of fame tight end and thousand yard rusher. They just needed to jettison the guy who committed 40 turnovers.. This really isn't rocket surgery.
Not even close. I’m a part time rocket surgeon.

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Notice the players never reference MM when it comes to offense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You brought up the point I just applied it to DQ because he also isn't a HC. But you completely overlooked facts that we e typically been a top offense during the last 10 years before and after Moore. Can Moore do the same with lesser talent? One can only guess cause right now he has a ton of talent to work with.

Nobody “overlooked” it, because it’s NOT TRUE.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We shut down the GOAT. I think we'll be fine against the Cowboys.

You HOPE you will....just like every other teams fans..again dont come on here telling us anything when the Texans QB lit you up and most people dont even know his name....good news WE WILL SEE, if the pats can hold this offens under thier average youre offense still cant score enough..so call it now...whats the score? and of course I'll be right here to eat crow if it happens...just make sure you come take your tussin when this offense puts up 30.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All you have to do is look at AZ and who they hired as the HC for their QB to know why Moore will be high on the list, if not at the top.

He just needs to be careful and make sure he is in a good win position like McVay was. These teams with young QB's like CHI and JAX are potential or a team like HOU, if they go back to the well for a QB with some picks. That LV job looks like nothing but trouble to me. But that does get him closer to home, if that's important. I don't see Carroll retiring after this season.

I’m not sure that Moore is in such a rush that he will take just any HC job. He was offered his dream job at Boise and ultimately said no. Maybe he’s decided that he needs more experience as a coordinator? Things have sure happened fast with his coaching career. Maybe too fast.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We shut down the GOAT. I think we'll be fine against the Cowboys.

And followed that up getting torched by a rookie. You better hope it pours again.

Great ‘comeback victory’ against those Texans though.

Whew!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You HOPE you will....just like every other teams fans..again dont come on here telling us anything when the Texans QB lit you up and most people dont even know his name....good news WE WILL SEE, if the pats can hold this offens under thier average youre offense still cant score enough..so call it now...whats the score? and of course I'll be right here to eat crow if it happens...just make sure you come take your tussin when this offense puts up 30.

Not a chance. That’s a one way, front running street.

Easyout66

Reaction score
Kellen Moore hasn't had the pleasure of preparing for Belichick and his ever morphing defensive schemes but this will be a great experience for him and excellent preparation for the rest of the season. No other DC is going to out prep Belichick for the Cowboys.

On the other side of that are the teams the Cowboys have yet to play and their DC's watching to see how Belichick takes on the #1 offense in the league. And the tricky part of that is the balance the Cowboys have. Not such an easy task.

Belichick is known for taking away what an OC likes to do best, well, which is that? Moore has the #2 rush game and #10 pass game in yards but 3rd in TD's and 2nd in completion percentage. Pick your poison.

This past game, Belichick will see the Giants stack the box on film and the Cowboys still ran on them. Shades of the early 90's. It is not about what you allow me to do but what I want to do and can do.

He can sell out against the run but he really doesn't have the talent to defend a good passing game and for a run team, the Cowboys have a very good passing game. I do think the Cowboys are the hardest team to prepare for from the defensive perspective.

I know there is some concern Moore might get HC offers in the off season and this is the game that all GM eyes will be on him so the better he does against Belichick, the better the chance that we lose him sooner. But, I do not see anyway he doesn't leave soon anyway as he could have that "next McVay" light shining on him.

And we already know one owner and GM in Vegas that will have a keen eye on Young Kellen. And maybe one in NY?

Can you imagine being Kellen Moore this week and preparing for the man that is the living legend in defense in the NFL? This is exactly the kind of game that Belichick needs to right his ship and reclaim his legendary status. He missed that two games ago and this is his chance to grab that. Young Kellen will get his best.

I like the fact that Young Kellen has been playing chess instead of checkers because Sunday afternoon, he goes up against the Grand Master. The game within the game will be as interesting as the game itself.

I think Belichick will test the patience of Moore and see if the young OC is up for a tight game going into the 4th quarter, a New England specialty. They feed you the beans for 3 quarters and hope you run out of gas in the 4th quarter, the ever present strategy of a defensive genius.

I like Young Kellen's edge in this, he knows he has the better talent and he is capable of playing the game anyway The Master wants to play it and that is not something Belichick is used to facing.

This 17th game added will be the most important game of the season because of the game within the game and the residual effect that can have on the rest of this season.
I'm just spitballing here, but I'll say Bellichek mixes it up with the one constant of taking away the tight end and any safety valves, forcing Dak to throw more longer passes than Dak feels comfortable doing, and I'll predict Moore counters with 40/60 run heavy play calls then knocks out the pats with play action, the team with more talent will pull out the win, Bellichek is a toothless master with his current roster

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's not just me who thinks that.

The Cowboys are the sucker's bet in this one. The casual betting public is 90% in favor of the Cowboys, but the sharps are heavy on NE.

Pats win 34-21.

LOLOLOLOLOL 34 from your offense...your dreaming man

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
BB is no longer the master without Brady that's already been proven.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
BB is no longer the master without Brady that's already been proven.

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far. Finding the franchise QB is is the hardest job in sports to fill. Without one you almost have no chance the way the league is built now. As soon as BB finds his next franchise QB around which he can build I think he will go back to contending every year. I just don't know if Mac Jones is that guy.. No rookie has ever taken a team to the Super Bowl yet so I would not write him off either.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

The Master, as you call him is like Superman after he lost all of his powers..... he is nothing.

BIlly boy is about to get punched in the MOUTH, and I for one cant wait to see it.

Couch Coach should be able to attest Ive been saying this was gonna happen for years, and here it is. What is it ve been saying you ask? That Billy boy was gonna crash back to reality as soon as Brady left... and here he is, SUCKING.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd go quite that far. Finding the franchise QB is is the hardest job in sports to fill. Without one you almost have no chance the way the league is built now. As soon as BB finds his next franchise QB around which he can build I think he will go back to contending every year. I just don't know if Mac Jones is that guy.. No rookie has ever taken a team to the Super Bowl yet so I would not write him off either.
MOst teams go back to contending as soon as they find their franchise QB.

Right now the Chargers are beng talked about as the best team in the AFC and possibly the NFL. It doesnt have a damn thing to do with their ROOKIE head coach.

So, give practically any head coach in the NFL a player like Mahomes, Herbert, Brady and they are in the mix. So what does that say about "The Master?" It tells me he is just like everyone else... not worth darn without the QB carrying them.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
MOst teams go back to contending as soon as they find their franchise QB.

Right now the Chargers are beng talked about as the best team in the AFC and possibly the NFL. It doesnt have a damn thing to do with their ROOKIE head coach.

So, give practically any head coach in the NFL a player like Mahomes, Herbert, Brady and they are in the mix. So what does that say about "The Master?" It tells me he is just like everyone else... not worth darn without the QB carrying them.

Belichick and the Pats won at least three Super Bowls with Brady throwing for less than 200 yards if I'm not mistaken. Don't quote me on the numbers but Brady has something like 6 playoff wins when the offense was scoring 21 points or less including two Super Bowls . In Brady's last two playoff games in NE he had passer ratings of 71.4, and 59.4 while "carrying" the offense to 13 points in both games. The point being, the whole "carrying" narrative is BS with Brady just like it is with every other QB. Maybe more in his case. People are able to talk themselves into these idiotic narratives because I guess it makes them happy. But QBs don't "carry" their teams.. Yes they help them win.. but there have been plenty of QBs who have played their tails off but failed to win it all because their teams weren't good enough.. And that include their coaches. As for teams "contending as soon as they find their franchise QB?" .... Do I really need to list out all the great QBs who have not come anywhere near a championship despite being as good a passer as we've ever seen? Hell our beloved Cowboys have had two franchise QBs in the last 20 years and aint contended for nothin.. because the teams around those guys have not been up to snuff.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Belichick and the Pats won at least three Super Bowls with Brady throwing for less than 200 yards if I'm not mistaken. Don't quote me on the numbers but Brady has something like 6 playoff wins when the offense was scoring 21 points or less including two Super Bowls . In Brady's last two playoff games in NE he had passer ratings of 71.4, and 59.4 while "carrying" the offense to 13 points in both games. The point being, the whole "carrying" narrative is BS with Brady just like it is with every other QB. Maybe more in his case. People are able to talk themselves into these idiotic narratives because I guess it makes them happy. But QBs don't "carry" their teams.. Yes they help them win.. but there have been plenty of QBs who have played their tails off but failed to win it all because their teams weren't good enough.. And that include their coaches. As for teams "contending as soon as they find their franchise QB?" .... Do I really need to list out all the great QBs who have not come anywhere near a championship despite being as good a passer as we've ever seen? Hell our beloved Cowboys have had two franchise QBs in the last 20 years and aint contended for nothin.. because the teams around those guys have not been up to snuff.

You are looking at the SB game only. The QB isnt gonna throw for 450 and 4 TDs every game. You can look at the 4 SB wins Bradshaw has and one of those was 21-17 against Dallas I believe. Bradsahw may have been avg in that SINGLE game, but they never get there without Bradshaw. Thats the point.

So look at those 3 SB wins when Brady was less then stellar... remove Brad and the Pats arent even in those three Super Bowls.

One of the talking heads was making this point last week about Herbert vs Cleveland last week. Without the STUD that Herbert is, Cleveland wins.
The Browns have Mayfield, a solid QB. The Chargers have Herbert, pretty much agreed to be that Payton Manning type guy for the next 15 years and that is the difference between those close wins and losing. There are QBs that never won, but look at he QBs that did win in the years you are talking about. Yea, Marino or Fouts didnt win, because you had QBs like Aikman, Montana, Young, Favre, Elway winning instead. IN the years you didnt have that dominate QB, you had teams like the Bears, Giants that had DOMINANT defenses. Its not complicated, and though there are outliers like Mark Rypien, the numbers are clear when itcomes to what kind of QBs win the SB.

Iin the end, you can argue all you want, the FACT is simple. Brady left prior to last year, Billy Boy no playoffs. The year Brady blew his knee out, Billy boy no playoffs.
This year with no Brady, Billy boy aint making the playoffs again. Yu can give him all the time to rebuid you want, but he is no different than all the other coaches that get fired when they are in the same position as Billy and have a very avg qb.