Moore vs The Master

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You are looking at the SB game only. The QB isnt gonna throw for 450 and 4 TDs every game. You can look at the 4 SB wins Bradshaw has and one of those was 21-17 against Dallas I believe. Bradsahw may have been avg in that SINGLE game, but they never get there without Bradshaw. Thats the point.

So look at those 3 SB wins when Brady was less then stellar... remove Brad and the Pats arent even in those three Super Bowls.

Bradshaw played in an era when a QB passing for under 200 yards was the norm. Brady doesn't. Brady has played the bulk of his career in the most passer friendly era in the history of football. If a QB is throwing for less than 200 yards and 2 TDs in this era he's along for the ride plain and simple.

One of the talking heads was making this point last week about Herbert vs Cleveland last week. Without the STUD that Herbert is, Cleveland wins.
The Browns have Mayfield, a solid QB. The Chargers have Herbert, pretty much agreed to be that Payton Manning type guy for the next 15 years and that is the difference between those close wins and losing. There are QBs that never won, but look at he QBs that did win in the years you are talking about. Yea, Marino or Fouts didnt win, because you had QBs like Aikman, Montana, Young, Favre, Elway winning instead. IN the years you didnt have that dominate QB, you had teams like the Bears, Giants that had DOMINANT defenses. Its not complicated, and though there are outliers like Mark Rypien, the numbers are clear when itcomes to what kind of QBs win the SB.

Seriously? You do know that the Bears won their Super Bowl when Marino was in the middle of the most dominant stretch of his career. The Giants won two of theirs during Montana's run and then the second two AGAINST Brady. TEAMS win Super Bowl.. no one player has ever "carried" any TEAM anywhere. That whole narrative is stupid and it annoys the hell outta me.

Iin the end, you can argue all you want, the FACT is simple. Brady left prior to last year, Billy Boy no playoffs. The year Brady blew his knee out, Billy boy no playoffs.
This year with no Brady, Billy boy aint making the playoffs again. Yu can give him all the time to rebuid you want, but he is no different than all the other coaches that get fired when they are in the same position as Billy and have a very avg qb.

You hate Belichick.. fine.. you're entitled.. But if Brady had simply gone to the Jets he would ALSO be on the outside of the playoffs looking in. He picked a good team with a good coach to join forces with.. Which makes him a very smart man.. Too many ex-players try to go to a team in the division to try and stick it to their old team.. Like Favre going to Minnesota.. What he should have done was find a team that had the goods to win it all like Brady did instead of acting out his petty vendetta against the Packers.

I have no torch to carry for Belichick.. I don't care if he ever wins another game.. but this idiotic tripe about the greatness of Brady needs to stop. "How is he doing this at age 44!??!" Um maybe because defenses are not allowed to hit him and have not really been allowed to hit him in damn near 15 years? I could play QB in the NFL if the league mandated that nobody could hit me.. and I'm 61.. No I would not be as good as Brady.. but I could take the snap and throw the ball.. To somebody.. no idea who.. but it would go to somebody. LOL!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Bradshaw played in an era when a QB passing for under 200 yards was the norm. Brady doesn't. Brady has played the bulk of his career in the most passer friendly era in the history of football. If a QB is throwing for less than 200 yards and 2 TDs in this era he's along for the ride plain and simple.

Not sure what your point is. I was speaking about Bradshaw in his era, not today. It was a different style of football back then when defenses got awat with cheap shots, late hits and mauling receivers all up and down the field. Thus the reason they didnt pass as uch. BUT, same rules apply. Look at the teams winning SBs in the 70s and 80s... Bradshaw, Staubach, Montana.... HOF stud QBs for the most part.

Seriously? You do know that the Bears won their Super Bowl when Marino was in the middle of the most dominant stretch of his career. The Giants won two of theirs during Montana's run and then the second two AGAINST Brady. TEAMS win Super Bowl.. no one player has ever "carried" any TEAM anywhere. That whole narrative is stupid and it annoys the hell outta me.

Did you read the post? I mentioned the BEARS specifically... the team that gave up 3 points in the playoffs prior to the SB. That was my point. Teams that didnt win the SB with a HOF QB almost all have an all time great defense. You mentioned the Giants beating Montana... yea, and they happened to have maybe the greatest individual defensive player in the history of the game... which goes in line with exactly what I said.

You hate Belichick.. fine.. you're entitled.. But if Brady had simply gone to the Jets he would ALSO be on the outside of the playoffs looking in. He picked a good team with a good coach to join forces with.. Which makes him a very smart man.. Too many ex-players try to go to a team in the division to try and stick it to their old team.. Like Favre going to Minnesota.. What he should have done was find a team that had the goods to win it all like Brady did instead of acting out his petty vendetta against the Packers.

Maybe you forgot, but Favre didnt chose the Jets in his 1st season after leaving GB. Then he chose the Vikings who had a damn good roster, minus the QB. They went 12-4 in that season and could have made the SB. So Im not sure what your point is.

I have no torch to carry for Belichick.. I don't care if he ever wins another game.. but this idiotic tripe about the greatness of Brady needs to stop. "How is he doing this at age 44!??!" Um maybe because defenses are not allowed to hit him and have not really been allowed to hit him in damn near 15 years? I could play QB in the NFL if the league mandated that nobody could hit me.. and I'm 61.. No I would not be as good as Brady.. but I could take the snap and throw the ball.. To somebody.. no idea who.. but it would go to somebody. LOL!

If that is the case, then why do so many teams have crap at QB right now? And boy was Brady smart to go to a team that hadnt even made the PLAYOFFS in the 11 seasons before his arrival. He arrives, bam, SB title. Just a coincidence. And no, he didnt throw for 700 yards and 8 TDs each game. But dont even talk to me about their defense.... if Brady didnt go to Tampa, that great defense would have been nothing, and the Bucs would have been 7-9 or 8-8.... just like they were for the previous decade.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

oh.... who was the only QB that beat that Bears team that year? hmmm, his name escapes me......lol

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd go quite that far. Finding the franchise QB is is the hardest job in sports to fill. Without one you almost have no chance the way the league is built now. As soon as BB finds his next franchise QB around which he can build I think he will go back to contending every year. I just don't know if Mac Jones is that guy.. No rookie has ever taken a team to the Super Bowl yet so I would not write him off either.
He wasn't good in Cleveland and he's not doing wrll post Brady.....Mac Jones is doing pretty well.