Moore's first task as OC is getting rid of jumbo running packages Garrett likes

ondaedg

Reaction score
getting rid of the jumbo running packages that Garrett likes and spreading the defense out with 3 and 4wr sets. It's a common myth that we have a steamrolling type of OL when in reality they are more technically sound than any line in the NFL. Use that and let DBs tackle Zeke rather than LBers.

Power bunch formations stopped working in 1996.

Eanwen

Reaction score
getting rid of the jumbo running packages that Garrett likes and spreading the defense out with 3 and 4wr sets. It's a common myth that we have a steamrolling type of OL when in reality they are more technically sound than any line in the NFL. Use that and let DBs tackle Zeke rather than LBers.

Well I don't know the stats on the formations so I don't know if they "worked" or not, but I don't think we threw much out of that formation, and we certainly don't have Hernandez/Gronk duo so I don't see why we should use it.

IMO our best 11 would include 3 receivers (depending on how good Pollard is) and we should have a heavy dose of those formations and try to run and pass with the same "looks".

Sydla

Reaction score
People are getting so hyped about Moore and what he might do, that inevitably this whole thing will be a massive disappointment and the offense won't look all that much different than what we've seen for the last couple of years.

It's just hte way things work here in Dallas. LOL.

A favorite of mine was the NASCAR DL that was going to materialize when we signed Hardy. Our pass rush lineup of Hardy, Gregory and Lawrence were going to wreak havoc. I was fully on board with it myself.

But instead of a NASCAR, we got a Pinto trying to drive around the Daytona International Speedway.

BigD_95

Reaction score
First task? Put a lock on his office door to keep Garrett out.

Maybe they should lock him in the office. I do not feel good at all of letting a player couple years removed calling the offense with ZERO experience. My gut tells me this is going to be a disaster and Garrets neck will be on the line halfway through the season and Garret takes over play calling. Not that it will help.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
People are getting so hyped about Moore and what he might do, that inevitably this whole thing will be a massive disappointment and the offense won't look all that much different than what we've seen for the last couple of years.

It's just hte way things work here in Dallas. LOL.

A favorite of mine was the NASCAR DL that was going to materialize when we signed Hardy. Our pass rush lineup of Hardy, Gregory and Lawrence were going to wreak havoc. I was fully on board with it myself.

But instead of a NASCAR, we got a Pinto trying to drive around the Daytona International Speedway.

Yeah.. I'm not falling for it.

I didn't fall for it last year and I won't fall for it this year.

As long as Garrett is coaching this team you will get your bland out dated football.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Well I don't know the stats on the formations so I don't know if they "worked" or not, but I don't think we threw much out of that formation, and we certainly don't have Hernandez/Gronk duo so I don't see why we should use it.

IMO our best 11 would include 3 receivers (depending on how good Pollard is) and we should have a heavy dose of those formations and try to run and pass with the same "looks".

Yep. We don't have the TE talent to scare teams into looking for the pass which makes it a predictable run play. And predictability is our worst enemy.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Maybe they should lock him in the office. I do not feel good at all of letting a player couple years removed calling the offense with ZERO experience. My gut tells me this is going to be a disaster and Garrets neck will be on the line halfway through the season and Garret takes over play calling. Not that it will help.
Sooo...you're more comfortable with Garrett who is absolutely a terrible OC/HC after having been around the best in the business literally his entire life?
There is a reason he's been stripped of play calling duties.

ondaedg

Reaction score

My thought is can he be any worse than Garrett? I don't think he can which is why I'd rather Moore be running the O.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
In Garrett's contract year? Good luck.

If he likes it and thinks it gives him the best chance to win, he will force it if he wants to.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I've decided I buy-in to the idea that it would really be cool if this site had a board dedicated solely to the anti-authority (anti-HC, anti-FO) crowd around here. I don't think there's actually that many of them, but they're just so passionate. They deserve their own space where they can enjoy each other's company, imo.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

First task, dunk Garrett head first into toilet, stuff garrett into locker.....then get to work.