Moore's first task as OC is getting rid of jumbo running packages Garrett likes

HungryLion

Reaction score
In addition having a dedicated FB on the roster should be eliminated.

Part of the issue is, our current FB is really just a RB who is masquerading as a fullback.

He can’t dig out a LB worth ****. Zeke is a better blocker than he is.

It’s a joke.

The fullback worked better when we had an actual fullback who could block people with power in Keith Smith.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Part of the issue is, our current FB is really just a RB who is masquerading as a fullback.

He can’t dig out a LB worth ****. Zeke is a better blocker than he is.

It’s a joke.

The fullback worked better when we had an actual fullback who could block people with power in Keith Smith.

Agreed. I don't understand our thought process to the fb.

Aven8

Reaction score
Hell just running a few motions without an illegal formation will improve off JG’s crap.

birdwells1

Reaction score
getting rid of the jumbo running packages that Garrett likes and spreading the defense out with 3 and 4wr sets. It's a common myth that we have a steamrolling type of OL when in reality they are more technically sound than any line in the NFL. Use that and let DBs tackle Zeke rather than LBers.

Power bunch formations stopped working in 1996.

I tried to "like" this post more than once but it wouldn't let me. So let me get this straight, you have 5 good olinemen but you'd rather bring in two mediocre ones to draw more d-linemen to the box which takes away your advantage and clog the middle. It never made sense to me so I hope that they do get rid of the jumbo package and start spreading and running also.

John813

Reaction score
Hoping the first drive is as follows:

1st and 10. Jumbo package with Zeke running up the gut.
2nd and 8. Jet sweep to Austin.
3rd and 5. Curl routes for the receivers and the Y-option for Witten.
4th and 1. Punt.

The Gameday thread would be glorious.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Hell just running a few motions without an illegal formation will improve off JG’s crap.

I got a chuckle from this because it's true. And anytime we motion a WR to cover the TE, it's a run 95% of the time. If I can spot this imagine how easy is it for our opponents to predict our plays.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Garrett can not count. You need a FB with the 2 TE offense to run the ball effectively against 8 men in a box. All you have to do is count 5 OL + 2 TE + 1 FB = 8 players.

You leave on the field your best WR that demands rotating S or double. So you then have even 8 vs 8 with the RB responsible to beat the S. Cowboys ran this formation in the 90's and at the goal line would bring in 2 extra OL instead of TEs. The rest is NFL leading rusher and rushing TD history.

Like I said Garrett can not count.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I tried to "like" this post more than once but it wouldn't let me. So let me get this straight, you have 5 good olinemen but you'd rather bring in two mediocre ones to draw more d-linemen to the box which takes away your advantage and clog the middle. It never made sense to me so I hope that they do get rid of the jumbo package and start spreading and running also.

Exactly! What they end up doing is creating a giant blob of linemen completely negating the skillset of our OL. Our OL of today is very different than our line of the 90s. The old OL could push a DL all over the field with brute force. Our current line is more of a technical blocking unit. Blobbing them together makes no sense.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
getting rid of the jumbo running packages that Garrett likes and spreading the defense out with 3 and 4wr sets. It's a common myth that we have a steamrolling type of OL when in reality they are more technically sound than any line in the NFL. Use that and let DBs tackle Zeke rather than LBers.

Power bunch formations stopped working in 1996.

Getting rid of @Jumbo075 . Nah, he a'ight