More convos with Sam and Tank during ITH commercials re: Felix, T-New, and offense

Nav22

Reaction score
Most of you saw the clip from a couple weeks back of T.O. and Michael Irvin chatting during the commercial break on Inside The Huddle... with Mike telling T.O. that Jerry called him after the win over the Bucs, very upset with the QB play from Brad. T.O. quickly informed Irvin that he could be heard on the internet, even though it was a commercial. Mike laughed and thanked T.O. for telling him.

Similar happenings Tuesday night. Sam Hurd is hosting with Tank Johnson as the guest. During commercial, Sam (being on IR) asks Tank, "How's everybody feeling?"

Tank nods confidently, then says, "You know what, Monday's practice... (nods again)".

Sam, "Looked good?"

Tank, "With Tony throwing the ball, our offense looked so fast... when Brad was throwing the ball, our offense took ****ing forever!"

At this point, the show's host (Steve Dennis) warns Tank that he can be heard live on the internet. He tells Tank that the (aforementioned) conversation between Irvin and T.O. ended up on youtube. Pretty sure THAT was courtesy of our own dcfanatic! :laugh2:

During the same commercial, Sam asked Tank how Newman looked. Tank described Newman taking a punt back during practice, hitting it full speed and looking good. Tank said he didn't know if Newman would return punts Sunday, but that it was good to see him "open up that T-New speed".

Now here's the part that scared me. Same commercial break, Steve says, "Felix needs to get on the field tomorrow."

Tank, "He said he should be feeling good."

Sam, "Nah, he ain't gonna go this week. He said he got turf toe. I don't know what that do, but..."

Tank, "What!?"

Steve, "Felix does?"

Sam, "I thought he did."

Hopefully, Sam doesn't know what the hell he was talking about. Could this be a secret injury that the team is covering up? We could really use Felix Sunday night. We don't lose to the Commanders in our first matchup if he got his 7-10 touches (instead of the 0 he got).

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
No comments on this? This is good stuff.

Hopefully Sam was just mistaken. And I could see that happening with him being out and not around the team as much. You'd think Tank would have heard about it if it were true.

And it's good to hear Tank say how much better the offense and Newman looked... Not that the offense is a surprise.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There probably weren't many comments, CL cuz Brad bashing is old news. He prolly should've titled it with something about Felix and T-new.

I'll make a quick change to the title.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I think Tank should be the last person commenting on someone's level of play.....

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
It's refreshing sometimes to hear the unfiltered truth outta players' mouths! I still find it hard to believe that the coaches didn't anticipate how bad BJ would be judging him from his performance in practice (and training camp). Pure ignorance on their part and in turn it potentially cost Dallas two games (not that they were guaranteed w/ 9 at the helm).

On another note, unless Felix and Sam are pretty close I cannot see how a player on IR knows more about his injury than someone who's at the Ranch everyday. I think (and hope) that the turf toe injury is bs...

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2414046 said:
Sam, hope you are just starting some joke!
I was gonna say the same thing. (That in and of itself worries me.;))

Funny how what gets said during commercial breaks on this show is more interesting than the show itself.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
hope Felix doesn't have turf toe

pretty tough injury for a RB, especially a cutting one

khiladi

Reaction score
This team needs to establish a consistent identity with their starters, Roy Williams included. Felix Jones is a supplement.I'd rather see Garrett se TO in motion, attack the middle, and shorten routes, before I worry about Felix being inserted into the line-up. There is no need to be forcing him back into the line-up.

Nav22

Reaction score
Funny how what gets said during commercial breaks on this show is more interesting than the show itself.
It's so true. I tend to zone out during the regular show if I'm just hearing cliche after cliche... but my ears REALLY perk up when they get to commercial. That's when they tend to get "real".
On another note, unless Felix and Sam are pretty close I cannot see how a player on IR knows more about his injury than someone who's at the Ranch everyday. I think (and hope) that the turf toe injury is bs...
You know what, based on the way the conversation went and Sam's tone of voice, my guess is that Sam is mistaken.

He didn't sound all that confident in what he was saying, especially after Tank and Steve voiced their surprise. "I thought he did."
He prolly should've titled it with something about Felix and T-new.

I'll make a quick change to the title.
You're right, and thanks.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Nav22;2414790 said:
It's so true. I tend to zone out during the regular show if I'm just hearing cliche after cliche... but my ears REALLY perk up when they get to commercial. That's when they tend to get "real".You know what, based on the way the conversation went and Sam's tone of voice, my guess is that Sam is mistaken.

He didn't sound all that confident in what he was saying, especially after Tank and Steve voiced their surprise. "I thought he did."You're right, and thanks.
I just watched it and I agree on 2 things. the commercials are so much better but that will probably stop thanks to a certain youtube video. and yeah Sam didn't sound like he knows what he's talking about. I see Tank was wearing his blood colors again.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rampage;2414811 said:
I just watched it and I agree on 2 things. the commercials are so much better but that will probably stop thanks to a certain youtube video. and yeah Sam didn't sound like he knows what he's talking about. I see Tank was wearing his blood colors again.
You know what? Unless you know for a fact, you should really stop implying that Tank is a gang member.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2415147 said:
You know what? Unless you know for a fact, you should really stop implying that Tank is a gang member.
:laugh2: you seem upset?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
his friend was a gang member who got murdered by another gang member. he wears the colors and flashes the signs. dude is a blood.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2415169 said:
his friend was a gang member who got murdered by another gang member. he wears the colors and flashes the signs. dude is a blood.

That doesn't make him a gang member.......

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rampage;2415169 said:
When has he flashed gang signs? BTW, his boy got killed in a club incident...and unless you know differently, not by a gang member.