More evidence of an improved Prescott

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This comes from the Cowboys mailbag Q&A at Dallascowboys.com:

I just wondered if you guys have seen any noticeable improvements in Dak's throwing accuracy this year at OTAs compared to the past? - JOSEPH CRUM / CORINTH, MS

Bryan: I have noticed a transformation of his body and overall mechanics. There were times when he missed, he missed badly. That hasn’t been the case in these OTAs. Ball has been on target and catchable. Credit to the hard work he’s put in on his own and with new quarterbacks coach Jon Kitna. Needs for this to carry over to camp.

Rob: It was only three open practices, but yes, that’s the best stretch of OTAs I’ve seen from Prescott in four years. He’s been accurate at all levels: short, intermediate and deep, like the dime he threw to Reggie Davis last week on a go-route for a touchdown.

Everyone can take this for whatever they feel it's worth, but there is mounting evidence and reports of the quarterback looking better than ever. That should be good news for any Cowboys fans.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mailbag-dak-s-offseason-bigger-red-zone-add

Kaiser

Reaction score
Too funny, I just saw that and was going to post it. You have to think contributing factors are having more reps with the new WRs, the lack of pressure and Kitna's coaching - but regardless it sounds like there is real improvement there.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
That's good news and I'm glad to hear it. Keep grinding away on the fundamentals until they become second nature. I think a lot of those misses last season's will be completed this season and good things will be there for the taking with this offense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too funny, I just saw that and was going to post it. You have to think contributing factors are having more reps with the new WRs, the lack of pressure and Kitna's coaching - but regardless it sounds like there is real improvement there.

Yeah, that's why I made sure to add that caveat. People can try to downplay it as much as they need to, but the evidence and positive reports are only growing. I think that better coaching, coupled with the drive, work ethic and yes - talent, that the player already had, will combine for him to have his best year ever.

I think a lot of the anti-Dak crowd are going to be eating a big helping of crow this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's looked really bad throwing against air in the past, so this is an improvement.

Definitely.

People covering the team have seen him in all facets of his game, against 'air', preseason, regular season, for four years, and they're saying this is the best they've seen him look. From a guy that they've repeatedly said looks better in games than practices, that's been well recorded. And now those same people are saying this is the best he's ever looked. That counts for something.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think a lot of the anti-Dak crowd are going to be eating a big helping of crow this year.

Totally agree. A good OL makes a QB look better than he is and a bad OL makes a QB look worse than he is. The OL play alone should improve Dak's performance this year.

And the end of last year was the first time Dak really had any speed guys playing with him. Before 2018 he had Dez and guys like TWill, but you really have to go back to Joey Galloway to find the kind of deep "take the top off a defense" speed that Dak will be throwing to this year.