More evidence of an improved Prescott

Brax

Reaction score
You mean we finally got a coach who is coaching Dak up instead of doing nothing and Dak is looking better? No way.
2 edged sword. the guy that was suppose to coach him up is now the OC. Hopefully this isn't just BB fluff but is good news if true.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Dak could toss 50 TDs and have an MVP caliber season and certain zoners would still be crying for a 'real QB.'

I hope the kid balls out.

I call BS. I wish more than anything Dak will pan out and be a top QB for the Cowboys. But I will not act like I do not see a lot of flaws in his game (I see good things also) . I'm not going to sit here and say I didnt see him miss Cooper twice in the same game for deep TD throws and that same game miss I believe Austin for a deep throw.

I'm not going to pretend that Romo didn't point out how Dak ran for a first down but missed seeing 2 wide open receivers in the end zone for TD's. Or the fumble Commanders recovered in the end zone was because Dak didnt read the defense and see 2 wide open receivers and held the ball too long than fumbled the ball. I could go on all day.

Dak is slow to read the defense - has accuracy issues - has issues hitting deep throws - does not see the field well

I hope he improves in these areas. I really do. Reading what the OP posted gives me hope

I'm going have to be all in on Dak because lord knows once he signs his contract I wont have a choice

I'm glad they are getting him more weapons and O-line improvement should help. There is no doubt I believe Cowboys can win with Dak. He seems to be a great leader and plays better at end of games.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any posts/threads about this until it gets real and we can tell if he has indeed improved are just spit balling and keeping the same view held previously. Like him or not, posters still do both and that's not changing before fall.

yimyammer

Reaction score
This comes from the Cowboys mailbag Q&A at Dallascowboys.com:

I just wondered if you guys have seen any noticeable improvements in Dak's throwing accuracy this year at OTAs compared to the past? - JOSEPH CRUM / CORINTH, MS

Bryan: I have noticed a transformation of his body and overall mechanics. There were times when he missed, he missed badly. That hasn’t been the case in these OTAs. Ball has been on target and catchable. Credit to the hard work he’s put in on his own and with new quarterbacks coach Jon Kitna. Needs for this to carry over to camp.

Rob: It was only three open practices, but yes, that’s the best stretch of OTAs I’ve seen from Prescott in four years. He’s been accurate at all levels: short, intermediate and deep, like the dime he threw to Reggie Davis last week on a go-route for a touchdown.

Everyone can take this for whatever they feel it's worth, but there is mounting evidence and reports of the quarterback looking better than ever. That should be good news for any Cowboys fans.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mailbag-dak-s-offseason-bigger-red-zone-add

I'm a big Kitna fan & I'm hopeful he can help Dak improve immeasurably

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I made sure to add that caveat. People can try to downplay it as much as they need to, but the evidence and positive reports are only growing. I think that better coaching, coupled with the drive, work ethic and yes - talent, that the player already had, will combine for him to have his best year ever.

I think a lot of the anti-Dak crowd are going to be eating a big helping of crow this year.
His accuracy issues are the biggest problem for us anti Dakkers. So pray tell why would improving that make us eat crow?

the_h0wey

Reaction score

I just wondered if you guys have seen any noticeable improvements in Dak's throwing accuracy this year at OTAs compared to the past? - JOSEPH CRUM / CORINTH, MS

Bryan: I have noticed a transformation of his body and overall mechanics. There were times when he missed, he missed badly. That hasn’t been the case in these OTAs. Ball has been on target and catchable. Credit to the hard work he’s put in on his own and with new quarterbacks coach Jon Kitna. Needs for this to carry over to camp.

Rob: It was only three open practices, but yes, that’s the best stretch of OTAs I’ve seen from Prescott in four years. He’s been accurate at all levels: short, intermediate and deep, like the dime he threw to Reggie Davis last week on a go-route for a touchdown.

Everyone can take this for whatever they feel it's worth, but there is mounting evidence and reports of the quarterback looking better than ever. That should be good news for any Cowboys fans.

Somehow a group of Cowboys fans will still find a way to complain about Dak. These same idiots claimed Romo sucked for years and years

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

So it may appear that with more experience and some better coaching Dak appears to be getting better?

Trolls take another one on the chin

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Proof!!!

Give him $60 million a year!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How? You've seen the videos where he's competed against Garrett and David Carr, and lost by a country mile.

Lol......In after practice fun session throwing into a garbage can?

Stop exaggerating to try and float your agenda.

Quincy carter was reported to be consistently bad in practice. Dak has not.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I made sure to add that caveat. People can try to downplay it as much as they need to, but the evidence and positive reports are only growing. I think that better coaching, coupled with the drive, work ethic and yes - talent, that the player already had, will combine for him to have his best year ever.

I think a lot of the anti-Dak crowd are going to be eating a big helping of crow this year.

You mean they will continue to eat crow. This year should be the a horror show for them.