More evidence of an improved Prescott

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When I see him rifle balls into tight seams over linebackers in front of safeties, then I'll celebrate that he's turned a corner.

So you must have missed the last 3 years then?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I think a lot of the anti-Dak crowd are going to be eating a big helping of crow this year

Wouldn't it just be validation that he needed to improve dramatically?

If he has put in the work & truly takes a step or step(s) forward, then by all means kudos to him & I will certainly be looking forward to see him perform at a level that will allow the full potential of this team to be reached. Will have no problem at all reevaluating where he ranks as a QB when we have enough "real world" games to do so. Frankly, I would love to look back on the 2018-19 offseason & 2019 season as the time where he turned the corner & my doubts became beliefs.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How? You've seen the videos where he's competed against Garrett and David Carr, and lost by a country mile.

You forgot this gem of accuracy.....of all places the pro-bowl lol....

P.S. Pro-bowl isn't what it used to be....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Fake news. Everyone knows that QB’s don’t improve beyond their 3rd season.

Actually the trolls have been saying no improvement from year #2. Lol
I call BS. I wish more than anything Dak will pan out and be a top QB for the Cowboys. But I will not act like I do not see a lot of flaws in his game (I see good things also) . I'm not going to sit here and say I didnt see him miss Cooper twice in the same game for deep TD throws and that same game miss I believe Austin for a deep throw.

I'm not going to pretend that Romo didn't point out how Dak ran for a first down but missed seeing 2 wide open receivers in the end zone for TD's. Or the fumble Commanders recovered in the end zone was because Dak didnt read the defense and see 2 wide open receivers and held the ball too long than fumbled the ball. I could go on all day.

Dak is slow to read the defense - has accuracy issues - has issues hitting deep throws - does not see the field well

I hope he improves in these areas. I really do. Reading what the OP posted gives me hope

I'm going have to be all in on Dak because lord knows once he signs his contract I wont have a choice

I'm glad they are getting him more weapons and O-line improvement should help. There is no doubt I believe Cowboys can win with Dak. He seems to be a great leader and plays better at end of games.

Yet he’s won rookie of the year, made two pro bowls, 2nd most wins since he came into the league, and has had arguably one of the best first 3 years statistically in nfl history.

Maybe you just don’t understand qb play or qb development.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Definitely.

People covering the team have seen him in all facets of his game, against 'air', preseason, regular season, for four years, and they're saying this is the best they've seen him look. From a guy that they've repeatedly said looks better in games than practices, that's been well recorded. And now those same people are saying this is the best he's ever looked. That counts for something.
Well that is a plus, and better than them saying he looks awful .
I could say that Dak is gonna try real hard at this point in time, because he wants to look as good as possible from now until his contract is signed!
The better he looks, the more millions he will get.
Dak is smart, he knows that until he gets this new contract he has to look great, and it could mean a lot more money for him
if he does look great.
It might also help get the deal done quicker and for the money dak is wanting.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's most likely just fluff at this point, but good to see his mechanics have been addressed.

His mechanics are usually good until he's under fire. When he is forced to move and reset, he doesn't do a good job with his footwork to allow him to control the pass. He's got to get to the point where it is second nature to reset and deliver.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Definitely.

People covering the team have seen him in all facets of his game, against 'air', preseason, regular season, for four years, and they're saying this is the best they've seen him look. From a guy that they've repeatedly said looks better in games than practices, that's been well recorded. And now those same people are saying this is the best he's ever looked. That counts for something.

Yes. The only way to get better is keep consistently doing it right. It sounds like he's doing that, so that's a good thing.

ESisback

Reaction score
His mechanics are usually good until he's under fire. When he is forced to move and reset, he doesn't do a good job with his footwork to allow him to control the pass. He's got to get to the point where it is second nature to reset and deliver.

From the sounds of it, he’s getting closer, and with a better line, WR group and defense....

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Lol......In after practice fun session throwing into a garbage can?

Stop exaggerating to try and float your agenda.

Quincy carter was reported to be consistently bad in practice. Dak has not.

What agenda? I said he's looked bad throwing at air. Which is exactly what those practice sessions are. Dak has always reported to be bad in practice and training camp. Google it.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Every offseason its the same: everybody looks so great and much improved... until the season kicks in.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well that is a plus, and better than them saying he looks awful .
I could say that Dak is gonna try real hard at this point in time, because he wants to look as good as possible from now until his contract is signed!
The better he looks, the more millions he will get.
Dak is smart, he knows that until he gets this new contract he has to look great, and it could mean a lot more money for him
if he does look great.
It might also help get the deal done quicker and for the money dak is wanting.
Dude... you say some really weird stuff sometimes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His accuracy issues are the biggest problem for us anti Dakkers. So pray tell why would improving that make us eat crow?

If you're one that's written him off, and saying he can't get better, you may end up eating crow.

CWR

Reaction score
This comes from the Cowboys mailbag Q&A at Dallascowboys.com:

I just wondered if you guys have seen any noticeable improvements in Dak's throwing accuracy this year at OTAs compared to the past? - JOSEPH CRUM / CORINTH, MS

Bryan: I have noticed a transformation of his body and overall mechanics. There were times when he missed, he missed badly. That hasn’t been the case in these OTAs. Ball has been on target and catchable. Credit to the hard work he’s put in on his own and with new quarterbacks coach Jon Kitna. Needs for this to carry over to camp.

Rob: It was only three open practices, but yes, that’s the best stretch of OTAs I’ve seen from Prescott in four years. He’s been accurate at all levels: short, intermediate and deep, like the dime he threw to Reggie Davis last week on a go-route for a touchdown.

Everyone can take this for whatever they feel it's worth, but there is mounting evidence and reports of the quarterback looking better than ever. That should be good news for any Cowboys fans.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mailbag-dak-s-offseason-bigger-red-zone-add

Thanks for sharing! Dak has the mental make up and heart to be a good QB. As long as he stays motivated and his work ethic shines he will continue to grow. Im excited to see him under an offense that actually attempts to use scheme for a competitive advantage. Kitna may be huge for Dak as well.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dude... you say some really weird stuff sometimes.
money motivates, we see it all the time with players, that is how the term "contract year" came to be.
How he looks in ota's and TC and PS is going to have an effect on Jones boys and the contract.
And it is millions of dollars that we are talking about.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
money motivates, we see it all the time with players, that is how the term "contract year" came to be.
How he looks in ota's and TC and PS is going to have an effect on Jones boys and the contract.
And it is millions of dollars that we are talking about.
Not exactly what I'm thinking about with your statement, but contract year is real.
It's the thought that he hasn't been working hard to look good before. He's known as a very hard worker. Nothing has been said otherwise anywhere.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You forgot this gem of accuracy.....of all places the pro-bowl lol....

P.S. Pro-bowl isn't what it used to be....

stop reminding me of how bad his accuracy has been. I'm trying to buy in that he has improved! I mean it's year 4 and we now have 3 consecutive practices where he didn't suck!