Twitter: More T-Will Drama

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Hasn't his suspension gotten rid of his guaranteed money? Get rid of him. He won't help this team, even though he had the (small) chance of being the number 1 WR on this team with Dez gone

Ren

Reaction score
Can't cut him while he's suspended?

I can't figure out why he is still on this team, he's a below average player with off the field issues why are we hanging on to that?

Mr_437

Reaction score
The shame is given a fair shot TWill would start on this offense.

Kaiser

Reaction score

No wonder they signed Butler before TWill was even off the roster.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Dallas can cut him as soon as he IR stint ends. I'm not sure but since the suspension turns his contract to non-guaranteed money I think Dallas can reach an injury settlement and waive him right away.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Get rid of Dez and now TWill had to pick up the crazy torch on behalf of the receiving corps.

Oh wait, it's TMZ reporting it. Must be fake news.

ClintDagger

Reaction score

I can't figure out why he is still on this team, he's a below average player with off the field issues why are we hanging on to that?
Apparently if we wait it out, activate him when he’s ready, then cut him it’s better for cap reasons.

Edit: not sure about the cap part come to think of it. But apparently it’s expected he’ll be activated and immediately cut. I’m sure he’s played his last game here.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Apparently if we wait it out, activate him when he’s ready, then cut him it’s better for cap reasons.

Edit: not sure about the cap part come to think of it. But apparently it’s expected he’ll be activated and immediately cut. I’m sure he’s played his last game here.

"As we speak, Williams is set to hit the Cowboys' salary cap for $4.75 million, not an ideal number for a player who took only 10 offensive snaps in Week 2 and landed only one catch for 12 yards. The problem is if the Cowboys release Williams without formally exercising the void on the guaranteed portion of his pay, they'd be forced to eat the entire $4.75 million as dead money, and would gain $0.00 toward the cap.

This is where things get interesting though, as if they weren't already.

A source close to the situation reminds me that, even with the void of guaranteed money, it's possible Williams could use his vested veteran status to claim termination pay from the Cowboys. What is that, you ask?

Termination pay is an in-season salary guarantee that is automatically given to veteran players as a provision of the CBA. There are actually two types of termination pay. The primary one guarantees a players entire Paragraph 5 salary for the season. To be eligible you have to make the roster for the first game of the season and have not collected termination pay in the past. If released the team owes you the remainder of your salary for the year if the player puts in a claim for the amount. So if a player earns $1,700,000 in P5 salary, makes the team, and is cut after the first week the team still must pay him the $1.7 million. This termination pay does count in full towards the salary cap...

What's now clear is that things are anything but, simply because they held on to Williams too long."

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...licating-his-contract-with-Cowboys-123486952/

Not saying he shouldn't let him go because of this. Just pointing it out. There were other articles earlier in the season that said the same thing. Still Williams needs to get cut.

But either way it appears unlikely we will get much cap relief (since he knows he isn't going to be making this kind of money in the NFL moving forward).

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
No wonder they signed Butler before TWill was even off the roster.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Dallas can cut him as soon as he IR stint ends. I'm not sure but since the suspension turns his contract to non-guaranteed money I think Dallas can reach an injury settlement and waive him right away.
Yeah, he has got to go!

foofighters

Reaction score
The guy just looks d u m b. We are done with him, I think. Well...we better be.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't worry, Jerry has got this. Just another guy to coddle and rehabilitate, plan on his break-out season in 2020 :lmao:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Move on.

I don't understand the hatred for Dez who would at least make big time catches and score TD's, while Williams had one great toe-tap and gets a pass from this organization and fan base for his transgressions.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Move on.

I don't understand the hatred for Dez who would at least make big time catches and score TD's, while Williams had one great toe-tap and gets a pass from this organization and fan base for his transgressions.
Williams was clutch. He actually showed up in the 2014 playoffs with 3 big touchdowns. Dez was a no show.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
:laugh:If they made a soap opera about this organization I swear it would be must watch material. It would be more entertaining than the games.