More troubles for David Irving

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think he’s just referring to the yearly headache that Irving seems to bring.

I don’t care though.. He seems like an ok guy. I’d sign him long term. Especially if you can get him cheap.

He’s an incredible player.

We've got a year to let this play out. Obviously, there are some concerns about him and we don't have to make any decision about his future right now.

I don't know why some fans (not necessarily you) seem to want to make up their minds about his long-term career now. A whole lot can happen between now and next offseason. Frankly, I think if he and Lawrence both play great then we'll probably sign Lawrence to a big, multiyear deal and franchise Irving to have one more year to look at the long-term possibilities.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The thing that scares me tho is goodell doesn’t give a **** about credibility, if she wants to cooperate today with the league and say yeah he hit me goodell is taking her word.

Or he might just decide the fact that this is being aired publicly is conduct detrimental to the league.

Sydla

Reaction score
I suspect she's full of it. Any lawyer worth his salt, in a custody battle, would bring up allegations of DV against the father. So either she/her lawyer didn't bring it up in court because the lawyer knew it was bogus or they did and the court rejected the claims.

The issue here though is the NFL League Office. If anyone thinks this won't be a problem for Irving and the Cowboys, you haven't been paying attention. The league will simply fabricate a case if they need to if they want to send a message.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Irving should learn a lesson and right quick. Avoid gals with a kick like a mule and mixed martial artists. She is a hotty though so I can see why he would look above the feet that kick like a mule:muttley:

Ddisco22

Reaction score
This is why you don’t sign him to an extension.
gimme a break, folks assume everyone is guilty, stop buying into this crap. What judge would grant custody to an abusive parent????
get facts before you sentence the guy

blueblood70

Reaction score
This women needs some professional mental health help.

Irving was given full custody of his child as the courts declared that he is the more responsible parent. That says a lot about him. It is extremely difficult for a father to win custody of a child.
very true

blueblood70

Reaction score
this stuff gets old and its RG fault for allowing the zeke thing to have validity, hey just make claim and we will help Crazy Jaded woman get revenge their ex's..he himself made the entire world of Ex's say hay just show some bruises and make stuff up and we can get him..Roger thanks!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think he’s just referring to the yearly headache that Irving seems to bring.

I don’t care though.. He seems like an ok guy. I’d sign him long term. Especially if you can get him cheap.

He’s an incredible player.
Yeah it seems like he needs to sort his life out with his ex and they both may need to mature some but I have seen nothing yet for me not to want him on his team. I don't know what the situation is or what is true or what isn't but because Irving is the big football player he's the one who's going to not get much sympathy. Men can be victims too.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
What does his crazy gf has to do with him?

A crazy girlfriend but still his girfriend he decided to be with. So making "bad" decissions has alot to do with him.

And seriously you want to sign him to a contract when a league penalty is lingering ?

You do follow how goddell handles those things these days dont you ?

dfense

Reaction score
Hard for a guy to gain custody of a child, so this leads me to believe that the rumors about this chick being loco might be true. Isn't this the same girl he was with in College where he first got in "DV" trouble?
Yup, for judge to give custody to the father over the mother tells you something. If he's so unstable, that would never happen.