News: More yards in 2019: Dallas Cowboys Randall Cobb or Michael Gallup?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Gallup has only a small sample for us to go on unlike Cobb where we have much more history. The history of Cobb that should really be looked at is his injuries and playing time. So I'll take Gallup, since he SEEMS to be more durable, which should translate into moor opportunities.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Cobb. I'm not expecting this big year from Gallup. I think he's going to be a much better receiver than he was last year but it won't show up on the stats.

The thing about the off-season is it's a real good time to pick a new team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
More yards in 2019: Dallas Cowboys Randall Cobb or Michael Gallup?
https://thelandryhat.com/2019/06/09/dallas-cowboys-randall-cobb-michael-gallup-yards/

...Over the last three seasons, Cobb has averaged around 48 yards per game. With the Cowboys, Cobb will probably stay around this number. Last season, Beasley averaged 42 yards per game.

Supposedly, new offensive coordinator Kellen Moore is installing new schemes to the system to make the offense more versatile. The offense, in general, is much better heading into 2019 than 2018 with a healthy center Travis Frederick, a receiver Amari Cooper, and a much-improved quarterback Dak Prescott.

Then there is receiver Michael Gallup. Gallup broke the 500 receiving yard mark in his first season in the NFL (507 yards). He might have even approached 700-800 yards if Prescott connected on a few more deep balls.

Cooper and running back Ezekiel Elliott will be demanding much of the attention from opposing defenses. So Gallup and Cobb will be in more favorable situations. If the Cowboys offense is to be elite, they will need both of these receivers to take advantage...

Im sure Gallup will learn to run more consistent routes this year and will stop hesitating.

I would go with Gallup.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s a good question because if this offense is going to take it to the next level of performance, it won’t be because of Zeke or Amari Cooper. It will be because of the role player receivers like Gallup and Cobb. I don’t care who has the better stats- just help us win more games. Especially in the playoffs.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Im sure Gallup will learn to run more consistent routes this year and will stop hesitating.

I would go with Gallup.

There can be a lot of interplay, concerning types of routes and challenging another team's secondary to commit early.

Gallup ran some noticeable deep patterns last season. As to numbers, the success rates improve the closer routes get to the line of scrimmage.

If Gallup is a challenge going deep this season, then he and Cooper can draw double coverages...both.

That would provide Cobb chances to get open as much as did Beasley...but better able to create space afterwards. Very interesting, when backs are added to this picture evolving.

starfan1

Reaction score
I dont know but I hope both of them have significant contributions if they do were going to be hard to beat.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I do not think that cobbs numbers will be that big this year since witten is back. also I think that jarwin might have a better year then last year. he really started to put up good numbers in the second half of the season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
gallup...he is a good deep threat, so he will get chunks from time to time...plus at some point cobb will get injured if history holds true.....so he may miss a few, plus this year we have more emphasis on down field passing and the ball is going to get spread around....so cobb may not see as much in the slot

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I like Cobb a lot beside Cooper and Gallup. Im hoping he ends up being a high level luxury. But Gallup will have more yards and TDs if I had to guess.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There can be a lot of interplay, concerning types of routes and challenging another team's secondary to commit early.

Gallup ran some noticeable deep patterns last season. As to numbers, the success rates improve the closer routes get to the line of scrimmage.

If Gallup is a challenge going deep this season, then he and Cooper can draw double coverages...both.

That would provide Cobb chances to get open as much as did Beasley...but better able to create space afterwards. Very interesting, when backs are added to this picture evolving.

750-900 yards for Gallup

JayFord

Reaction score
Gallup

If Cobb has more than Gallup we may need to use a first of a second on a Wr

Not saying anything is wrong with Cobb but we should expect Cobb to be a chain mover and safety blanket

glimmerman

Reaction score
More yards in 2019: Dallas Cowboys Randall Cobb or Michael Gallup?
https://thelandryhat.com/2019/06/09/dallas-cowboys-randall-cobb-michael-gallup-yards/

...Over the last three seasons, Cobb has averaged around 48 yards per game. With the Cowboys, Cobb will probably stay around this number. Last season, Beasley averaged 42 yards per game.

Supposedly, new offensive coordinator Kellen Moore is installing new schemes to the system to make the offense more versatile. The offense, in general, is much better heading into 2019 than 2018 with a healthy center Travis Frederick, a receiver Amari Cooper, and a much-improved quarterback Dak Prescott.

Then there is receiver Michael Gallup. Gallup broke the 500 receiving yard mark in his first season in the NFL (507 yards). He might have even approached 700-800 yards if Prescott connected on a few more deep balls.

Cooper and running back Ezekiel Elliott will be demanding much of the attention from opposing defenses. So Gallup and Cobb will be in more favorable situations. If the Cowboys offense is to be elite, they will need both of these receivers to take advantage...
I also think our TE will need to be used this season. If we can spread the ball around we will be deadly.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Gallup's will be a solid #2 wr and ihave watched Cobb in GB for two years now and he is just fading.