FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
:D
We are experiencing similar weather in MT, Jan. Later this week, however, the temperatures are expected to dip into the single digits.

Glad you can PT at home... Hope to have a lot more commitment than I did when I injured my knee. Without the (sadistic) physio driving me, I really become quite lax.

So, here is the real reason I replied to your post - take the high road with your ex as it relates to the grandkids.

Following my son's divorce, his ex was awarded sole custody of their two toddlers and she immediately cut off all communication with our grandkids. I spent 2 years in and out of court trying to secure grandparent rights. My ex refused to join in the lawsuit as she had a "great relationship" with the ex daughter-in-law. Soon after I was awarded visitation and part custody, my ex now wanted to "share" visitation with the kids. I took the high road and agreed. Within a year, my ex fundamentally stopped making the effort of seeing the grandkids. Karma..
Lax is exactly where I am in the PT. I’d rather take a nap. I definitely need the regimented follow through with a Personal Terrorist to keep me going:D.

As for the ex, I’m fine as long as he doesn’t know where I live... otherwise he’d be over here bugging me all the time. He’s mad at my daughter for moving (hello...the Navy said “move” so you move) and he blames her for the divorce. All the same, much like the multitude of items that caused the divorce (which I will not mention), he refuses to accept responsibility for his role in the marital breakdown and his lack of any relationship with his children or grandchildren. He exists in a very angry and lonely world that I can’t be part of. I got out and am alive and happier being alone than I ever was being depressed with him and wanting to end it all. That’s not to say I won’t be civil if we are at a family function or something. I do take that high road, I just never want him getting the impression I’d come back to him. Never happen.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. We don't play today which I had forgotten, so I could watch games and root for embarrassing losses on other teams, but Montanalo said karma of which I want none. Before that, Jan said ex. Now ex is in a dictionary all by it's self and I've pasted pictures over the dictionary's picture. I could hold a massive powwow but I won't. That danged karma word keeps floating by.

I think today is painting day as I'm equipped with many brushes and two new cans. I only plan to do one room though, my expansive bathroom. This could take an hour or two, maybe three or possibly four. I just want to do it right.

I got my selections in, Dabz. The subtle urges to pick the underdogs was contained for the most part. The 49er's loss last week was almost more delightful than our win. Karma, karma, karma. I'd better shut up now.

Have a good game day everyone!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and everyone.

Cold and rainy Sunday... low 40’s for a high. Feels like that weird Winter to Spring transition that I hate.

Got released to in home PT and told I don’t need the brace anymore, but the pain is very real so I think I’ll keep wearing it a bit longer. I have a feeling I just went into debt on this medical even more than I was before. Probably look at getting a second job once the upcoming visit is done.

Speaking of the visit, I’ll spend the rest of the weekend tidying up the house for the grands visit this week and researching how to winterize the mower and mini tiller. I suppose that actual task will be done next weekend. My ex has a small engine business that played a part in the demise of our marriage (did i ever mention there was an ex before my guy Elisha?). Anyway, I’m sure if I asked he would gladly pick up the mower and do it for me, but he’d probably sell it or for some other reason I’d never get it back. Yeah, he even pulled that crap on people we knew. Lol one (former) neighbor, who I still get along with to this day, even came to our house and “compensated“ himself for his missing lawn equipment and is now the owner of a really nice aluminum extension ladder. He chose well :), and you now have a small glimpse into why there’s an ex. The main reason there’s an ex is so much worse.

Supposed to rain much of the time while the grands are visiting so that killed the idea of visiting a pumpkin patch too. Maybe I’ll take them for pizza and bowling one of those days. Of course they get to go have a visit with my ex, although they don’t even know who he is (he’s (again, my ex) never once visited them since the Navy moved them away 5 years ago and they don’t even remember him. The youngest has met him maybe twice, and she’s almost 5. He doesn’t even acknowledge birthdays or holidays). Anyway, they are also getting time with their paternal grandparents while they’re here so in reality I’ll only see them for a day and a half of the 3 days they are visiting. Really sucks since this visit was MY idea and I financed most of it, but my daughter is taking the high road. She’s a much better person than I am. The paternal grands have the wherewithal to fly out whenever they want, unlike me. They also choose not to visit.

Ok. Enough whining and negativity out of me for one day. Gotta look at the positive and be thankful for the time I’m going to have with them. Time for me to get moving today. Lots to do on this Monday Eve. Two work days then 5 off!!

Everyone have a great day.
Jan, all you really have to do to winterize your mower and your tiller, assuming they're both gasoline powered, is run them until the run fully out of gas. You don't want any fuel in the lines, because they could gunk up your lines and carburetor. It's also a good time to change the oil, but not necessarily needed.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Jan, all you really have to do to winterize your mower and your tiller, assuming they're both gasoline powered, is run them until the run fully out of gas. You don't want any fuel in the lines, because they could gunk up your lines and carburetor. It's also a good time to change the oil, but not necessarily needed.
Thanks Runny. Figured I’d put new oil in and either run it out of gas or put some Stabil in the tank. Been years since I had to do any of this so trying to figure it all out again... and yes they are both straight gas, not 2-cycle.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning Pops and peeps. My wife has cataract surgery on her left eye this morning. Everyone I know who has had the surgery, including me, was thrilled with the results. I hope she will be too.

I expected we would lose to the Cards, so I wasn't surprised, but I hoped we wouldn't look so bad.
Have a good day and stay safe.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and peeps. My wife has cataract surgery on her left eye this morning. Everyone I know who has had the surgery, including me, was thrilled with the results. I hope she will be too.

I expected we would lose to the Cards, so I wasn't surprised, but I hoped we wouldn't look so bad.
A friend of mine had his right eye done last Tuesday and is getting his left eye done today as well. He’s quite happy about it, although he’s not happy about getting it done at his age. He’s 53 but has a few self-inflicted health issues to go along with it like diabetes and blood pressure issues. So the same, he’s happy with the results so far.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and Popsadoodles. The bathroom saga continues. I found spots needing more spackle before painting, so no painting yet. I live an exciting life.

Wishing your wife a successful surgery and speedy recovery, Leon.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good luck and recovery to your wife.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Daughter and the grands flew in last night. Some things change while some things stay the same. They’ve grown so much in the last year but thankfully they all have the same sweet hearts.

Gotta go grab a shower before the inevitable chaos sets in. I’m thinking from-scratch blueberry pancakes are on the menu this morning with sausage and eggs. As for me, I need coffee. Best get it moving.

Have a great day

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Thanks for the well wishes for my wife. She is doing well and the results are good so far.

My eyesight is pretty bad today. Fortunately, I get the shots in my eyes tomorrow and it will be improved for the next four weeks.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. I might as well make a confession, it finally happened to me. We've all seen it in movies and hoped it would never happen to us. Yesterday it happened and I didn't have a table to crawl under. Yep, right there in front of the back half of Sam's. Do you know how many people can congregate around the pastries?

Ok, there I was innocently shopping like Coach and I know how to do. I saw some cute tumblers in assorted colors. Some people didn't like the combinations and swapped tumblers around, so there were opened boxes. I pulled out next to the last tumbler set three rows down. That's right, those were almost Dallas blue. Nothing fell, but I wanted to move something down there to keep things from falling. You can guess what happens next and Steve Martin wasn't there to greet all the startled faces. My arms were around the tumblers still standing and I didn't know what would happen when I backed up. My life didn't have time to flash before my eyes, but you could hear my butt hole pucker. Yep, that's what you heard yesterday afternoon. I chased tumblers around that had fallen forward but couldn't do anything with those that fell behind. It's going to take a while before I have the courage to shop in that quadrant of the store again. If you can avoid this situation, I highly encourage you to do so.

Today was supposed to be a beautiful day. I caught a green light right off the bat which rarely happens. I am guilty of taking the gas station just to by pass that light. Then the roads opened up and I had to stop myself from going 100 which was getting good to me. I had to have blood work done, so I pulled into the parking lot and the primo spot was waiting for me. I couldn't believe it! I walked in and admitting was empty except for me. I walked straight up and remembered that I'd left my blood orders at home. That was when the day backed up and started hissing at me. When I saw my doctor, I'd failed everyone of my tests. I'm glad she wasn't checking for more stuff. I will bang the gong now and admit to nothing else. That wasn't me. Nope, that wasn't me either.

Have a good Wednesday y'all.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Thanks for the well wishes for my wife. She is doing well and the results are good so far.

My eyesight is pretty bad today. Fortunately, I get the shots in my eyes tomorrow and it will be improved for the next four weeks.
There's something I'd never expect to read: "Fortunately, I get the shots in my eyes....". I didn't realize you had to do that every month. Is that a permanent situation, or do you just have to get them every month for a specified duration, then you're all fixed up?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. I might as well make a confession, it finally happened to me. We've all seen it in movies and hoped it would never happen to us. Yesterday it happened and I didn't have a table to crawl under. Yep, right there in front of the back half of Sam's. Do you know how many people can congregate around the pastries?

Ok, there I was innocently shopping like Coach and I know how to do. I saw some cute tumblers in assorted colors. Some people didn't like the combinations and swapped tumblers around, so there were opened boxes. I pulled out next to the last tumbler set three rows down. That's right, those were almost Dallas blue. Nothing fell, but I wanted to move something down there to keep things from falling. You can guess what happens next and Steve Martin wasn't there to greet all the startled faces. My arms were around the tumblers still standing and I didn't know what would happen when I backed up. My life didn't have time to flash before my eyes, but you could hear my butt hole pucker. Yep, that's what you heard yesterday afternoon. I chased tumblers around that had fallen forward but couldn't do anything with those that fell behind. It's going to take a while before I have the courage to shop in that quadrant of the store again. If you can avoid this situation, I highly encourage you to do so.

Today was supposed to be a beautiful day. I caught a green light right off the bat which rarely happens. I am guilty of taking the gas station just to by pass that light. Then the roads opened up and I had to stop myself from going 100 which was getting good to me. I had to have blood work done, so I pulled into the parking lot and the primo spot was waiting for me. I couldn't believe it! I walked in and admitting was empty except for me. I walked straight up and remembered that I'd left my blood orders at home. That was when the day backed up and started hissing at me. When I saw my doctor, I'd failed everyone of my tests. I'm glad she wasn't checking for more stuff. I will bang the gong now and admit to nothing else. That wasn't me. Nope, that wasn't me either.

Oh, that sucks, X! Can you do extra credit to get your test scores up?

I was going to post a "Wanna get away?" meme, but the bad news about your tests kinda took me out of the mood for that. Seriously though, is there something you can do to improve your results?

Xelda

Reaction score
Oh, that sucks, X! Can you do extra credit to get your test scores up?

I was going to post a "Wanna get away?" meme, but the bad news about your tests kinda took me out of the mood for that. Seriously though, is there something you can do to improve your results?
Thank you, Runny. It was a perfect "want to get away" time. As for the test, there are things I can do and things medicine is going to have to give me a hand on.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I was laughing up until the failed tests and do not like the sound of that. When we start getting up there, can't fail tests like we could in first year Algebra.

I do, however, willingly fail my docs tests about "is he reducing sin in his life in order to have a less fun but longer life"? I can't do all the sins now so smoking cigars and drinking whiskey is about it unless you count listening to music with questionable lyrics filled with wrong life choices.

I get the meds part of that X girl as that's my response to my doc every time. "Hey, you cats have produced meds to fix all of this". Hell, I have a special section in my medicine cabinet labeled "Bad Behavior Pills".

Every new prescription that they add to my growing list, and getting my photo on the pharm companies love boards in the coffee break rooms, increases my depression and that's the only thing I don't take meds for.

X girl, you listen to me and you listen well, do as I say, not as I do. Ahhhh, my life's work.

You WILL pass the next tests with flying colors or we're going to grab one of those paint cans in your bathroom and we'll paint you. And you know how I hate those jobs around the house.