FEATURED Morning Pops!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Cowboys fans. I think I need to get back into my daily walking routine and loosen the joints up a little bit. Took the wife, daughter and mother-in-law out to dinner to celebrate Mother's Day last night. Have a good Monday everyone.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who may stop in this morning to do a little light reading.

Jobs, how are things progressing Brother? I'm watching all this stuff on Kilauea. Beautiful but terrible as well.

Leon, that is great news! See there, just when you think they aren't listening, they go ahead and make a liar out of you!

dbrp, didn't do any cooking this weekend. Sat. I was up on roofs all day with ABQJr. Had to get all of the Swap Coolers changed over so we did everybodys at once. I was too beat down by the Sun to cook anything on Sat. Sun., the kids came over and made Brunch for the Moms. Was good, a lot of food. I didn't even eat Dinner on Sun. The Wife and the girls had Thai Food, which is one of their favorites.

Everybody, welcome to Monday and the start of the work week!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good Morning Pops & Pops! Yes, keep those joints moving Leon. No matter what you do, they say just to keep on moving. I too walk daily. It really helps and makes you feel good afterwards.

Oh my ABQ. Now that's a job in itself, that roofing. Very hard work, especially when it's hot outside. That was nice for the children to come over to make brunch. Hopefully they didn't make too much of a mess lol. I love Thai food. Spicy foods are my thing. As my uncle use to say, you know it's good when it hurts going in and hurts coming out lol.
Jobs, I miss seeing you. Hope all is well with you.

Have a great Tuesday my Pops.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and all of Y'all. I had sausage and peppers parmesan for dinner last night. It was left over from the Mother's Day dinner and was even better the second time around. I just love Italian sausage. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, but just barely. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who stop by today and check out the thread.

Busy today, but that's a good thing.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, how you guys are having a great day!

Peace......

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Morning Pops & Pops! Very hot already up here in the NE. Went directly from winter to Texas summer lol. Leon, I too love Italian sausage. Especially with green peppers & onions, yummy.

ABQ, try not to work too hard. Thats what ABQ Jr. is for.:p
Have a great day fella's.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. Happy hump day. My daughter is the manager of a deli/lunch counter in a food market. The deli is adjacent to the meat counter. When the meat manager marks down meat that is getting really close to the "sell by" date she buys it and brings it home. She snagged two big T-Bones that looked more like porterhouses. I grilled them to medium rare and they were delicious. I think she only paid $5 for the two of them so it was a delicious bargain. Have a great day, ABQ and DBRP.

image.php

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Sometimes I wonder what you might think of this thread, if you were still here? I like to think that you would be happy with it. I hope that's the case Pops.

Morning Fellas, morning to all who may decide to stop in and visit today.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, have a great day!

Xelda

Reaction score
I can't help but believe Pops would be thrilled to be remembered in this way. For all the unforgettable people in our lives, the Pops thread is high praise of their memory. Here's to more Pops in our lives.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I can't help but believe Pops would be thrilled to be remembered in this way. For all the unforgettable people in our lives, the Pops thread is high praise of their memory. Here's to more Pops in our lives.
Hi kiddo. Pops & my Pops would love to have another female post regularly. Thank you for stopping by.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good morning Pops & Pops. Been nothing but rain here all week. But it's Spring and the flowers are in their glory.

Leon, that's a great little gig you have going on at the market. That's the way I like my steaks cooked as well, medium rare.

ABQ, Jobs, Leon & @Xelda here's wishing everyone a glorious day. Till tomorrow.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Cowboys fans. We got a new bed frame, headboard and footboard yesterday. It sure changes the appearance of the room. Got some honeydo's on the agenda for today. Have a good one, everyone.

@Xelda , please come in and say Hi every morning. The more the merrier.

@daboyzruleperiod , my mom always cooked meat well done. The first time I got a taste of med-rare I fell in love with it. Much more tender than well done. Have a great day, girl!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to anybody who may decide to stop in and check stuff out.

It's Thursday and we are on the downward slope. It's getting warm here, Hitting the low to mid 90s and it's only mid May.

Welcome Xelda, glad you found this thread.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, keep on keepen on!

Everyone, have a great day!

Xelda

Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome. I thought about my Pops comment and would like to introduce you to one of my Pops. I have an appointment so time prevents me doing justice to his memory, but I can share him with you..

I've worked in the family business for decades and friction is inevitable among so many hard headed people. With my brother, father and me, well I was fired at least twice a year. One day out of no where a second cousin of daddy's walked in. I thought "Oh great! ANOTHER RELATIVE!!!!!" Junior came in with the exact same bravado as the rest of my family on daddy's side. I didn't see anything good coming out of him hanging around. Eventually, he wore us all down and we grew to love him. He'd walk in and immediately start the process of calming the waters. Daddy was moody and regularly went on tantrums. He'd yell "What have y'all done to Pops today?" My brother and I would bark back "We haven't done anything". Then he'd get daddy calmed down, laughing and the rest of the day would go smoothly. There were tons of misadventures along the way, but Junior was the most unusual angel sent our way and we were the better for it in the few years Heaven loaned him to us.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome. I thought about my Pops comment and would like to introduce you to one of my Pops. I have an appointment so time prevents me doing justice to his memory, but I can share him with you..

I've worked in the family business for decades and friction is inevitable among so many hard headed people. With my brother, father and me, well I was fired at least twice a year. One day out of no where a second cousin of daddy's walked in. I thought "Oh great! ANOTHER RELATIVE!!!!!" Junior came in with the exact same bravado as the rest of my family on daddy's side. I didn't see anything good coming out of him hanging around. Eventually, he wore us all down and we grew to love him. He'd walk in and immediately start the process of calming the waters. Daddy was moody and regularly went on tantrums. He'd yell "What have y'all done to Pops today?" My brother and I would bark back "We haven't done anything". Then he'd get daddy calmed down, laughing and the rest of the day would go smoothly. There were tons of misadventures along the way, but Junior was the most unusual angel sent our way and we were the better for it in the few years Heaven loaned him to us.

Good story Xelda! I am not sure if you knew Pops or not. Pops used to be a MOD here. He passed a few years ago and we kinda try to keep his memory alive, through this thread. We also try to honor him by incorporating some of his best traits. Like your relative, Pops could calm the waters in a Hurricane.

I try and visit this thread a lot. I find that it's a good way to start my day. I hope that it serves you in a similar fashion.

Xelda

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I didn't know Pops. From what I've seen his memory is alive and well. I tread gently here with respect and can't help but feel he'd be so dang proud to be remembered in this way.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and all of Y'all. TGIF!! I'm playing golf today but expect my score to be really bad. I had a lesson yesterday and will try to incorporate what I was told into my game. It's usually a good idea to hone any changes on the practice range first, but I'm going to jump in with both feet. LOL. I hope everyone has a great Friday and a great weekend ahead.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who decide to stop in and check out the thread today.

Welcome to Friday! I hope that everybody is fortunate enough to have the day pass quickly and then on to the Weekend!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, have a great day!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and everyone. We had a brief rain here so I don't need to water my plants. I fear my green thumb got out of control and I ended up tending to more greenery than anticipated. It's finally Friday so I hope everyone has a good day and great weekend.