FEATURED Morning Pops!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
That is not a literal statement but a mental one and I oughta know, I got a whole book of blanks and not to be outdone by others, I make copies of my blanks because to the trained mind, they're like snowflakes, no two alike.

And as long as we're questioning these statements, how do we know there are no two alike? Have they looked at each and every one of them? I think not, it's just scientists trying to convince us they're smarter than we are. Like that global warming thing, I have it on "good authority" that's a hoax. And I will have validation tomorrow as the high will be 40.
Good question. My train of thought has always been that there has to be two snow flakes exactly alike because God makes people and they say everybody has a twin somewhere in the world, especially people born identical twins. I wonder if they ever realize one of them was a mistake. But I degress. Now there are currently a little over 6 billion people alive on this planet and there are duplicates. There are gazillions of snow flakes every year. Some of them even walk around being offended all the time. So if God can't make 6 billion widgits without duplicates, how can Mother Nature make gazillions without duplicates. @Xelda and @GrammaJan will tell us it's because women never take a day of rest. Hmmm, maybe they're on to something there.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good question. My train of thought has always been that there has to be two snow flakes exactly alike because God makes people and they say everybody has a twin somewhere in the world, especially people born identical twins. I wonder if they ever realize one of them was a mistake. But I degress. Now there are currently a little over 6 billion people alive on this planet and there are duplicates. There are gazillions of snow flakes every year. Some of them even walk around being offended all the time. So if God can't make 6 billion widgits without duplicates, how can Mother Nature make gazillions without duplicates. @Xelda and @GrammaJan will tell us it's because women never take a day of rest. Hmmm, maybe they're on to something there.
Uh oh, now you've gone and done it. Train of thought opens up a whole new discussion. Mine is a short train, much like a bus, because I keep my memories in the caboose and can't have that far behind. However, my tracks look like a crazy railyard with way too many switches.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning Fellas and good morning to all who have decide to stop in and check out the thread today.

Kinda interested in that whole AAF Football thing. I might try to catch a few of those games. How about everybody else? Do you have anything cool planned this weekend?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Gramma, please be well. Enjoy your day and more importantly, take good care.

Everybody, have a great day and be well!

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning Fellas and good morning to all who have decide to stop in and check out the thread today.

Kinda interested in that whole AAF Football thing. I might try to catch a few of those games. How about everybody else? Do you have anything cool planned this weekend?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Gramma, please be well. Enjoy your day and more importantly, take good care.

Everybody, have a great day and be well!
I have a couple of plans for the weekend. One is to get custom fitted for a new set of golf clubs. The other is to take the family out to celebrate the 11 yr. old granddaughter's birthday. It's our custom that the birthday person picks out where to go and she chose Ghengis Grill in Ft. Worth.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have a couple of plans for the weekend. One is to get custom fitted for a new set of golf clubs. The other is to take the family out to celebrate the 11 yr. old granddaughter's birthday. It's our custom that the birthday person picks out where to go and she chose Ghengis Grill in Ft. Worth.

Ohhhhh.... Summer aint even here and I hate you already Leon. Well, hate is a strong word. I envy you. LOL......... What are you going with Leon?

The Birthday with the Grandbaby is cool. Our tradition here is that the Birthday Person picks whatever they want as well but what ever it is, my Wife, or I, make it and we have family dinner (usually weekend). One of the kids once asked for real Brick Oven Pizza. Cost me 500 Bucks and a broken back to buy that stupid oven. Sometimes the kids will pick a restaurant but usually they pick home cooking and my Wife actually likes to do that for them so it works out. It's usually only Momma that picks a restaurant. For the record, you Granddaughter and my Wife would make a good pair. She loves Chines food so yeah, she would be all in on Ghengis Grill. Funny story, I had Stuffed Bellpeppers on the menu last Tuesday but it was Chinese New Year so guess what we had instead?

Good tradition thou Leon. I like that!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I did everyone a favor by not replying yesterday. You're welcome! It was one of those days that nothing went right. One example of yesterday was I took a shower and the smoke alarm went off. Everyone knows what it's like to try to hurry and put clothes on when you're wet. That's how the day went. I have my cords wrapped neatly to reduce mess. I grabbed my fan to try and clear the air around the alarm, but the cord was a little too short. For what ever reason, the fan refused to sit down nicely and slid into the sink. My dogs darted all over the place to get away from the wretched sound. I unplugged that high pitched SOB. I tried to deal with it today and it went spastic again. I will pay more money for one with a volume control. The highlight of yesterday was when the chef's knife slipped out of my hand, fell to the floor and didn't stab me. I hate Mondays that happen on Wednesday.
I watched a rerun of Golden Girls and my eyes drifted to supporting cast and one actress looked just like my aunt. I showed it to other members of the family that couldn't believe the resemblance. I was driving in Florida on vacation and saw a man that looked exactly like my fiancé. I started to mouth "where did you get that car" when he blew me a kiss. It wasn't him. Another trip to Florida in which I had to drive slowly through construction when I saw a construction worker with his shirt off that looked a whole lot like David Lee Roth. I barely kept my car on the road. That trouble maker knew he was distracting half the driving population. I've had people mistake me for someone else but haven't crossed paths with them. We could look like someone else but they might not be Cowboy fans, so we win in the unique category!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone... Stupid dizzy spells are sneaking back up on me again juuuust in time for me to fly out for a visit to see my grandbabies in Virginia Beach. Leave the 19th (back on the 28th) and already started packing. Can't wait to get away. Been since October of '17 and miss them so much. Nobody knows I'm coming but me and the person I'm conspiring with. I show up just before my granddaughter's 3rd birthday and leave just after my daughter's birthday.

Got the dentist appointment out of the way today...somehow I have a broken tooth I didn't know about (smh). Chiro tomorrow and hoping he can work this knot out of my neck. People, I'm falling apart here and don't know what to do about it (Xelda, I'll swap you a knotted neck and a broken tooth for your errant smoke alarm and broken fan. I'll even throw in my mom's 2 baby goats. Deal? I already have the appointment set to fix the tooth so let me know if I need to cancel.) Planning to see the doctor about sending me for therapy or to see a neurologist or something about the spells and knotty neck when I get back from Virginia. I hate being afraid to lay down at night and fear getting up in the morning because I just don't know what's going to trigger another episode. Slept in the recliner last night to avoid that issue.

Mom's birthday is tomorrow...she'll be 80, so we're meeting for dinner after I get done at the chiro.

Okay. I'm done rambling.

Have a good evening, all.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops, and everyone. TGIF! It's time to start getting your motor revved up for the weekend. I have a tee time at 11:10 this morning but it is supposed to be 35 F at that time. Heeeeeckkk no! That's a little to brisk for me. Sorry to hear the dizzy spells have returned, Gramma. Have a great day, Y'all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and friends, Ohhhhhhhh the weather outside is frightful, the fire's so delightful...….as I await some flurries, known as South Central Texas blizzards. In the 70's for five days and not out of the 30's today, some very confused and dead bugs outside. My female hound usually tries to find the perfect place to poop and makes about 20 circles until she decides time to move those bowels but this morning she decided to forego even one circle and announced this is the perfect place, move your foot. You are probably wondering to yourselves 'why is CC sharing bathroom habits of one of his dogs?' Well, it was so darn cute I just had to share it and it is the little things, and I am glad it was little, that bring us joy. Lookie there, will ya? A Christmas song reference, and Die Hard, and ends it with the word joy. May be Feb but the Christmas spirit is year round with this ole Santa.

Gramma, sorry about the return of the dizziness and hope the docs can help you find the source of it. However, have a great visit with your family, what a great surprise and birthday present for your grandchildren and daughter.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who may decide to stop in and check out the this thread.

Hey Xelda, I am sorry to hear that you have had such a rough week of it. I am really glad to hear that the whole fan in the sink wasn't filled with water, so things didn't result in much worse! I am glad you are OK!

Hey Jan, I am sorry to hear that the dizzy spells are back but I am excited to hear that the vacation with the Grandbaby is moving forward! I will say this, I think throwing in both goats is giving too much. Maybe just the one. ;)

Leon, good choice on the tee time! Live to swing an club another day, I always say....

Jobs, my old friend, stop in and say hello. Let me know you are good my Friend.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Gramma, all y'all, be safe, be well, be happy!

Alarm clock, ding-dong, pants up, boots on
Coffee, cigarette, blue-collar breakfast
Hard hat, fork lift, dragging through a swing shift
Stacking up the boxes, watching that clock
Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock
Working for the man sure makes a man thirsty
Need a little neon, get a little drink on
Friday can't come fast enough y'all

Everybody, that tune is to you, for you, to enjoy!

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. Welcome to the Weekend!! Yesterday's temps barely got out of the 20's but today's high will be 38. I'm going to get fitted for new golf clubs today and will probably buy if their prices are competitive. The granddaughter wants to postpone her birthday dinner because her friend that we invited can't do it tonight. Y'all have a great weekend.

Ohhhhh.... Summer aint even here and I hate you already Leon. Well, hate is a strong word. I envy you. LOL......... What are you going with Leon?

The Birthday with the Grandbaby is cool. Our tradition here is that the Birthday Person picks whatever they want as well but what ever it is, my Wife, or I, make it and we have family dinner (usually weekend). One of the kids once asked for real Brick Oven Pizza. Cost me 500 Bucks and a broken back to buy that stupid oven. Sometimes the kids will pick a restaurant but usually they pick home cooking and my Wife actually likes to do that for them so it works out. It's usually only Momma that picks a restaurant. For the record, you Granddaughter and my Wife would make a good pair. She loves Chines food so yeah, she would be all in on Ghengis Grill. Funny story, I had Stuffed Bellpeppers on the menu last Tuesday but it was Chinese New Year so guess what we had instead?

Good tradition thou Leon. I like that!
I'm leaning toward the Calloway Rogue X irons but they will have me hit several different brands with several different shafts each. It's supposed to take around 3 hours since it's a whole bag fitting. I'm not really planning on a new driver at this time unless I hit one that really wows me.
Buying the brick oven is going above and beyond! You are a great Papa!

Last edited:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. It’s 40 degrees this morning! I’m going to watch 2 of my grandsons take some batting lessons in about 15 minutes. Brrr...might have to watch from my truck with the heater on ... I’m a wimp

Have a great weekend everyone

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. It’s 40 degrees this morning! I’m going to watch 2 of my grandsons take some batting lessons in about 15 minutes. Brrr...might have to watch from my truck with the heater on ... I’m a wimp

Have a great weekend everyone
RGV, why aren't you watching your other grandsons take batting practice? Are these two your favorites? "Mommy, why doesn't Grampa watch me take batting practice, he watches Phoenas and Ebekenezzer take batting practice?" "Horatio, he does not watch you because you suck. You couldn't hit a dead cow in the butt with a bass fiddle but he still loves you...…..in his own way".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and brrrrrrrr, it's rather nippley this morning. Y'all stay warm and toasty and keep that body purring with plenty of anti-freeze.

Guess I'll mosey on out in gen pop and irritate some more posters. Runny wrote that he was surprised that some could get angry with me when it's all meant in humor. And while it is clear to him and myself that I am just screwing around, some really don't like poor ole CC and call him names like idiot. Little does he know I consider that a compliment. He even told me he was putting me on ignore...…..for the third time. Is a triple ignore like a double secret probation? Should I feel honored?

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
RGV, why aren't you watching your other grandsons take batting practice? Are these two your favorites? "Mommy, why doesn't Grampa watch me take batting practice, he watches Phoenas and Ebekenezzer take batting practice?" "Horatio, he does not watch you because you suck. You couldn't hit a dead cow in the butt with a bass fiddle but he still loves you...…..in his own way".

Well CC. The same thought crossed my mind but since Horacio is playing a JV soccer game later today, I figured I’d rather watch 1 hour of batting lessons rather than sit for 2 hours on cold metal bleachers watching a soccer game. My other gson is barely one so it’ll be a few years before he gets into sports.

My little granddaughter is in ballet so I’ll sit through another recital sometime this year. Recitals are more comfortable. The auditoriums lights were very dim last year that I actually dozed off but didn’t miss my granddaughter’s dance so all good.

Grandfathers have tough jobs :muttley:

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. Here's an early reminder for you; don't forget that Valentines day is drawing near. I watched some of the AAF game between San Antonio and San Diego last night and it was okay. Two more games are airing today so I'll probably watch some of it. Have a blessed day, everyone and peace be with you.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. Here's an early reminder for you; don't forget that Valentines day is drawing near. I watched some of the AAF game between San Antonio and San Diego last night and it was okay. Two more games are airing today so I'll probably watch some of it. Have a blessed day, everyone and peace be with you.
Didn't even realize it had started and I don't watch much regular TV and never CBS so I am not plugged in. But I am footballed out and really don't have any interest in another venture from the NFL to see if they can make more money. I understand this is all under their watchful eye for a developmental league so they can own it all. I get less NFL each season and this one will be no different. I just can't seem to find enough to like about it any longer.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and everyone. I was roused from my sleep this morning by a muscle cramp in my right calf. Hurt like heck but fortunately it went away quickly when I stood up. My MIL and granddaughter made pizza last night on store bought crusts and it was better than any other pizza I've had. Yummy! Have a great day and a great week ahead.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and everyone. I was roused from my sleep this morning by a muscle cramp in my right calf. Hurt like heck but fortunately it went away quickly when I stood up. My MIL and granddaughter made pizza last night on store bought crusts and it was better than any other pizza I've had. Yummy! Have a great day and a great week ahead.
I used to be plagued by nighttime calf cramps and occasionally the whole leg from calf to buttock and that is a pain difficult to describe and all one can do is gut it out because the leg would tighten up against my hamstring. My Dad had leg cramps a lot.

So, Leon, here is CC's Home Remedy and it works for me and has for several friends, if these become recurring and mine were coming every night up until about 4 years ago. Since part of that is a dehydration issue, I drink a half a large bottle of Smart Water every day and since it is also a deficiency problem, take a magnesium with breakfast with the rest of my vits with 8oz of Smart Water and a potassium with dinner with 8oz of Smart Water. I do take quite a few supplements and no one can convince me that they do not work. The other thing I was doing, until Hector joined me and I haven't been able to cross my legs high enough yet, is a 30 second calf massage right before going to bed and I get pretty vigorous with that. This has really worked well for me.

When I had them, like you and my Dad, I hit the floor and walked it off and a physical therapist told me there is a higher risk of rupturing the Achilles and told me that the minute it hit, start slowly pulling your foot back at the ankle until you feel it beginning to release and go back to normal and continue doing this for 30 seconds really stretching the calf out. Then you can get up and walk so you don't have a sore calf the next morning.

Because I've had back issues for 15 years, I splurged on what has been the best investment in the quality of life I've ever experienced. I bought an Osaki massage chair and hit the back and calves at the same time and when I go Zero G, I go somewhere else for 20-30 minutes. I go into such a deep sleep, I am a little groggy, more than usual, upon awakening. I would sacrifice other things to have one of these massage units. Not my necessities of cigars and whiskey, mind you, but clothing and food are overrated.

And speaking of food, and I was, kinda, what brand of pizza dough did she bring home?

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
I used to be plagued by nighttime calf cramps and occasionally the whole leg from calf to buttock and that is a pain difficult to describe and all one can do is gut it out because the leg would tighten up against my hamstring. My Dad had leg cramps a lot.

So, Leon, here is CC's Home Remedy and it works for me and has for several friends, if these become recurring and mine were coming every night up until about 4 years ago. Since part of that is a dehydration issue, I drink a half a large bottle of Smart Water every day and since it is also a deficiency problem, take a magnesium with breakfast with the rest of my vits with 8oz of Smart Water and a potassium with dinner with 8oz of Smart Water. I do take quite a few supplements and no one can convince me that they do not work. The other thing I was doing, until Hector joined me and I haven't been able to cross my legs high enough yet, is a 30 second calf massage right before going to bed and I get pretty vigorous with that. This has really worked well for me.

When I had them, like you and my Dad, I hit the floor and walked it off and a physical therapist told me there is a higher risk of rupturing the Achilles and told me that the minute it hit, start slowly pulling your foot back at the ankle until you feel it beginning to release and go back to normal and continue doing this for 30 seconds really stretching the calf out. Then you can get up and walk so you don't have a sore calf the next morning.

Because I've had back issues for 15 years, I splurged on what has been the best investment in the quality of life I've ever experienced. I bought an Osaki massage chair and hit the back and calves at the same time and when I go Zero G, I go somewhere else for 20-30 minutes. I go into such a deep sleep, I am a little groggy, more than usual, upon awakening. I would sacrifice other things to have one of these massage units. Not my necessities of cigars and whiskey, mind you, but clothing and food are overrated.

And speaking of food, and I was, kinda, what brand of pizza dough did she bring home?

Good morning Pops and friends. I need that remedy also CC. The leg cramps hit me mostly during the summer months on days I’ve done lots of sweating. Seems like you can’t drink enough water. It’s much worse when both legs cramp at the same time. Makes ya want to holler