Twitter: Mort - Zimmer does not want to come to Dallas even if fired

32BellyOption

Reaction score
And if you're an idiot you'll believe that.

Of course Zimmer is probably saying that to those in the Minny organization as he wants to show loyalty as he hopes the Vikings reciprocate in kind by bringing him back even if they get trounced today. If he’s out of work and Jerry calls he’ll answer on the first ring.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Imagine you're the new head coach and right off the top you have to take Prescott as your QB and Jones as your GM, or you don't get the job.

Not to mention whatever assistant coaches still under contract getting shoved down your throat.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No you're supposed to believe that an out of work Mike Zimmer would turn down the head coach position of the Dallas Cowboys.

Some people are dumb enough to do so.
I bet Dallas isn't the only team interested in him. Having said that, he would be tired of coaching to turn any head coach position down. He might possibly take an assistant position somewhere. Wouldn't really blame him if he did turn us down though.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Assuming the likely that he loses today and gets fired, he will have plenty of time to set up an interview with the Giants. That would be almost as good as Garrett coaching the Giants.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bet Dallas isn't the only team interested in him. Having said that, he would be tired of coaching to turn any head coach position down. He might possibly take an assistant position somewhere. Wouldn't really blame him if he did turn us down though.

There's more of them too.

Verdict

Reaction score
If I were him, I wouldnt either. The GROZ crowd was relenless, and I still cant believe JJ picked Campo over him..Ill never get that seaworld hard knocks episode out of my brain.

Campo swimming with the dolphins was an epic fail.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Please. Each time THE Dallas Cowboys have had a head coaching vacancy, every great available coach was just dying to be in Dallas.

I mean just look at these names who have interviewed over the years who didn't get the job:

George Seifert, Terry Donahue, Sherman Lewis, Norv Turner, Mike Singletary, Jim Caldwell, Ron Rivera, Todd Bowles, Todd Haley, Tony Sparano.

Wait.
Really missed out on being part of the Terry Donahue era

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I hope that is true. Because I don't want him back.

Same.

It’s more likely that he just wants to end these conversations and keep his team focused.

These coaches all lie when it comes to their job interests.

trickamsterdam

Reaction score
No you're supposed to believe that an out of work Mike Zimmer would turn down the head coach position of the Dallas Cowboys.

Some people are dumb enough to do so.

But wouldn't the PC thing be to say something like "I love it here in MN, and I'm 100% concentrated on this game," rather than to put down Dallas?

Either Mort made up the quote, or Zimmer meant what he said.

BTW, he's an upgrade over Garrett, but he's not that good (IMO).

Lutonio

Reaction score
After his Vikings get detonated in the next 20 minutes, I don't think many people will want him.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I could believe he wouldnt want to come back
He knows how it is with the Jones’s in charge

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Really missed out on being part of the Terry Donahue era
It actually was almost a done deal. He spent the night at Jones' mansion, his family was bought plane tickets for the press conference and Jones even bought him tickets to the upcoming Indianapolis Combine.

That is until Donahue saw the contract, the money and some of Jones' stipulations.

Then he was like
giphy.gif

cern

Reaction score
jimmy Johnson found the pursuit of wahoo far more enjoyable than coaching in the nfl. if the vikes were dumb enough to release zimmer, he would be pursued by many other teams. he'd we willing to sit out a year rather than coach for the cowboys who rejected him before. some think Callahan would coach here, too. I doubt it. I suspect that in the end, we will settle for a hc, rather than choose who we want. and for that we can thank jerry.