Mosher: Charbonnet comparison

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Think he will be there at 58, there doesn’t seem to be much consensus after Robinson & Gibbs. But it only takes one!

tm1119

Reaction score
Pretty ridiculous list of RB’s that are nothing alike and no data provided to how he came up with it.

Not as crazy about Charbonnet as most. Upright runner without a ton of wiggle/agility. I worry about his running style outside of the PAC12 where running lanes tend to be a lot more wide open. Would be more than fine with him in the 3rd, but don’t see a significant enough gap between him and other RB’s we could likely get in the 3rd or 4th to warrant pulling the trigger in the 2nd.

rambo2

Reaction score
He is an excellent back, but this team should take Benton the dtackle at 58.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I’d be curious to see the “scouting sites” that collected this grouping of ridiculous comps.

I penned a few pieces for PAC-12 forums this year, and in doing so felt responsible to watch as many games as possible. Take the Charbonnet bus and drive deep into the woods and forget you ever drove it there in the first place. No. Chip Kelly was accountable for inflated numbers across the board on the offensive side of the ball. Even DTR looked like a world-beater at times.

I don’t have strong opinions on too many players, but this guy shouldn’t even be considered until the 3rd round. I think someone may get RB itchy and reach for him in the 2nd. I don’t want him, period!

rambo2

Reaction score
I’d be curious to see the “scouting sites” that collected this grouping of ridiculous comps.

I penned a few pieces for PAC-12 forums this year, and in doing so felt responsible to watch as many games as possible. Take the Charbonnet bus and drive deep into the woods and forget you ever drove it there in the first place. No. Chip Kelly was accountable for inflated numbers across the board on the offensive side of the ball. Even DTR looked like a world-beater at times.

I don’t have strong opinions on too many players, but this guy shouldn’t even be considered until the 3rd round. I think someone may get RB itchy and reach for him in the 2nd. I don’t want him, period!
He is a solid player. He should go between 58 and 90.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Charbonnet is a 4.5 speed, upright power runner who doesn't have much wiggle but does have strong passing game chops.

I haven't heard a comparison that feels right for him, or really captures his game. And the comparisons above are all over the place. James Connor is probably the best one from the above. I don't like the comparison, but props to whoever came up with the Chris Ivory mention above... that's a name I haven't heard in forever. That dude was a violent runner. Barber-esque.

I am biased towards Cowboys comparisons, cause I watch 10x more Cowboys games than any other team, so the best way I can describe Charbonnet is mid career Zeke. He's no threat to break a 40 yarder, but he's a 3 down bell cow with that similar patient kind of style to work through creases inside. Zeke would look like he'd get 2 yards but he'd gain 4. Charbonnet is kind of the same way.

Murray had a similar type of upright power running style to Charbonnet, but he had legit 4.4 speed, and the difference in breakaway runs was noticeable. Prime Murray was awesome.

Last edited:

Verdammung

Reaction score
He reminds me of Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, Frank Gore, Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, Curtis Martin, LaDanian Tomlinson, Jerome Bettis, Eric Dickerson, Tony Dorsett.

That's my totally legitimate opinion & didn't just google search NFL all-time rush leaders.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Charbonnet reminds me of Jamal Lewis. Those comps are all over the place, but man I would love a Michael Turner type in Dallas.