Twitter: Most 400+ passing yard games since 2020

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by J12B, May 20, 2022.

1. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

20,230 Messages
    21,817 Likes Received
    This is a team accolade, but......
    Cousins has never been to a Super Bowl and is 1-2 in the postseason.

dckid likes this.
  2. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

15,209 Messages
    28,568 Likes Received
    You'd me like to add 3 years of Cousins being a back up to skew the numbers because you don't like what they say, wouldn't ya?

The only way to get a fair representation is to start from when both guys became starting QBs.

Cousins shouldn't get punished for being healthy.

3. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

20,230 Messages
    21,817 Likes Received
    No, just clearing up what you meant. I typically include the entire body of work.
    Dak shouldn't be punished because he started from day one.

TheMarathonContinues likes this.
  4. MountaineerCowboy

15,209 Messages
    28,568 Likes Received
    This organization has not taken the most important position on the team (QB) seriously since Aikman.

They've wasted almost 15 years between an undrafted (Romo) and 4th round (Dak) talent playing QB because they overachieved a little and the duffuses in charge believed they found the next Tom Brady.

I will continue to expect this team to fail when it matters until they decide to take the QB position seriously again.

dckid likes this.
  5. MountaineerCowboy

15,209 Messages
    28,568 Likes Received
    Why do you consider that punishment? Because the numbers don't look how you'd like them to?

You want to punish Cousins for being a back up for 3 years and being healthy as a starting QB, AND you want to punish Dak for starting from jump street, BUT you also want to reward Dak for getting injured?

Okay. I'll do the same thing but I'll take away Dak's 2020 injury season:

Cousins averages as a starting QB - 4,223 yards, 29 TDs, and 10 INTS
    Dak's averages as a starting QB - 4,045 yards, 27 TDs, 9 INTS

The new career Rushing TD's number with 2020 excluded for both Dak and Cousins - Dak 22 TDS , Cousins 16 TDS

You're still not gonna be happy even with 2020 left out of Dak's averages I assume, because the numbers still show Cousins clearly better.

dckid likes this.
  6. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

20,230 Messages
    21,817 Likes Received
    You don't think it's significant when favoring Cousins over Dak to include the seasons he was on the bench? Ok, to each their own.
    And the only reason I pointed out 2020 was because you tried to use it as an advantage.
    You're still 5 games short.

But it's all good, you'd rather have Cousins. I have no problem with that. I think he's a really good QB and would cheer for him if he were a Cowboy.

7. MountaineerCowboy

15,209 Messages
    28,568 Likes Received
    I'd rather have neither one of them because I don't believe either one of them is good enough to shoulder the load if needed.

They're placeholder QBs as far as I'm concerned. They're the QBs you use until you have the chance to get someone much better. You don't hitch your wagons to them the way the Vikings and Cowboys have. That's why they are loser organizations at this point.

dckid likes this.
  8. dckid

dckid Well-Known Member

2,455 Messages
    2,134 Likes Received
    I agree 100% The fanbase is too busy debating Dak Vs Romo instead of realizing the actual problem. Loved rooting for Romo as much as the next person. I really thought we had a chance to get to the championship game in 2007 & 2006. Wish it could have broken different buy as the years went buy I was able to take off the blue colored glasses and see the era for what it was.

This organization has a history of being unprepared, under achieving, no leadership. Literally this is a clownshow and has been since Jimmy left in 1994. Let that sink in before anyone goes ape monkey defending the Jones ownership.
    1995 was our last SB team, last team to make a championship game.

I just want this team to get to the championship game. I am not delusional to think we are winning the SB. Just get back to where you have a chance to earn a SB berth. To me winning the 1992 championship game was almost better than the SB two weeks later. Growing up watching NFL on CBS with those dominant, Giants, Niners, skins then Cowboys was really special. Jimmy's team just slayed all the old guard and earned those titles.

sorry for going on a tangent.

MountaineerCowboy likes this.
  9. TheMarathonContinues

TheMarathonContinues Well-Known Member

54,411 Messages
    48,397 Likes Received
    Who wants that type of attention though?

10. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

20,230 Messages
    21,817 Likes Received
    The deeply disturbed?

11. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

45,997 Messages
    28,174 Likes Received
    They’re are out there . It comes up more than you might think as we have fans out there who defend him on different issues. It’s always quite amazing .

We just had one last week on page 2 bobhaze started called “
    Some fundamental sports truths I wish JJ would grasp”
    bashing him and there were several going to bat for him .

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  12. diamonddelts

diamonddelts Well-Known Member

460 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    Most of those yards were in garbage time. Those stats are empty calories. Looking at them too much will give you diabetes.

dckid likes this.
  13. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

8,915 Messages
    12,584 Likes Received
    the pillow late at night is a good place to cry

14. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

45,997 Messages
    28,174 Likes Received
    Once this harsh reality is established with our dysfunctional ownership how do we then move forward in your request in this post of yours I originally responded to?

“Switch Dak for one of the Top 3-5 QBs and those playoffs issues are resolved but hold on to that 400 yards games.”

15. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication

6,673 Messages
    2,648 Likes Received
    Well done.:clap:

16. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

4,871 Messages
    4,779 Likes Received
    You must of came out of a roach motel as you disappeared for a long span after Daks last playoff debacle. Stats are for losers and that fits Dak to this point in his career like it or not it’s the simple truth Dak disappears in big games his trademark to this point. Have a good night in the roach motel.

17. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

6,002 Messages
    1,166 Likes Received
    I just as at that game too. Sucked. Whole team was flat.