Most bizarre happening in NFL history

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This has always blown my mind. The odds against getting a desperation TD via multiple laterals with time expiring are astronomical. It almost never happens. But for that to happen and then to miss an extra point, what are the odds of that? Back then the extra point was back as far as a 33-yard field goal. It was the ultimate chip shot.

Man, I'm glad this happened to the Saints and not to the Cowboys.

CowboysRock1980

Reaction score
This has always blown my mind. The odds against getting a desperation TD via multiple laterals with time expiring are astronomical. It almost never happens. But for that to happen and then to miss an extra point, what are the odds of that? Back then the extra point was back as far as a 33-yard field goal. It was the ultimate chip shot.

Man, I'm glad this happened to the Saints and not to the Cowboys.

You might be glad it happened to the Saints but it could happen to the Cowboys in the future

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crazy to think it was probably surpassed by the way they lost to MIN in the playoffs last season.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The obvious fix in Superbowl XL was another one where I was just shaking my head.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The MacGyver commercial, or the HB option TD pass?

Wrong link. Thought that was a compilation of all the one-sided officiating that happened in that game. The Hasselback tackle at the start of the clip was one. The early TD they took off the board and the holding call on the play near the goal line later in the game where the end jumped obviously offsides was another. But the penalty on the QB for making a downfield tackle was probably the craziest thing in that game.