Most Competitive NBA Players

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This is not a list of the best NBA players of all time. Just my opinion during my time on earth as to what I’ve personally observed to be the most competitive NBA players of my generation.

#1 Michael Jordan - He refused to lose and rarely did. Especially when it came to the playoffs. He did not accept sub-par performance from his teammates and if that happened, it didn’t happen often as he would let them know. A great leader.

#2 Kobe Bryant - Next to Jordan, the next best competitive of all time. He was the sole reason the USA won 2 Olympic Gold Medals in 2008 and 2012. He didn’t lead from being outspoken, but from being a player that gave 100% all the time no matter what the situation. He refused to lose in every game he played. Personally, one of my most favorite players in any sport of all time.

#3 Larry Bird - Mr. All Around. He had more all around skills than the first 2 with the same level of competitiveness. Like the first 2, he refused to lose. He was a trash talker. He was a trash talker that walked the talk. Just a generational talent and all time great.

I have no idea statistically how these 3 compare and don’t care. I watched all of them play from their college careers through their professional careers. There is much more than statistics IMO when judging a player. I judge them on #1 competitiveness, #2 toughness, #3 talent, #4 competitiveness and #5 competitiveness.

Competitiveness = fire. We have some players with fire on this Cowboys team which I’ll address at a later time.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is not a list of the best NBA players of all time. Just my opinion during my time on earth as to what I’ve personally observed to be the most competitive NBA players of my generation.

#1 Michael Jordan - He refused to lose and rarely did. Especially when it came to the playoffs. He did not accept sub-par performance from his teammates and if that happened, it didn’t happen often as he would let them know. A great leader.

#2 Kobe Bryant - Next to Jordan, the next best competitive of all time. He was the sole reason the USA won 2 Olympic Gold Medals in 2008 and 2012. He didn’t lead from being outspoken, but from being a player that gave 100% all the time no matter what the situation. He refused to lose in every game he played. Personally, one of my most favorite players in any sport of all time.

#3 Larry Bird - Mr. All Around. He had more all around skills than the first 2 with the same level of competitiveness. Like the first 2, he refused to lose. He was a trash talker. He was a trash talker that walked the talk. Just a generational talent and all time great.

I have no idea statistically how these 3 compare and don’t care. I watched all of them play from their college careers through their professional careers. There is much more than statistics IMO when judging a player. I judge them on #1 competitiveness, #2 toughness, #3 talent, #4 competitiveness and #5 competitiveness.

Competitiveness = fire. We have some players with fire on this Cowboys team which I’ll address at a later time.
Cant really argue withe your two. Four other guys that really stood out for me where Reggie Miller, Kevin Garrett, Dennis Rodman, and Rasheed Wallace