Most likely at 58

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
There are 4 guys that most likely will be the pick at 58. From reports interviews visits. These 4 guys seem to get the most mention around the 58 pick.

Zach Allen DE
Gerald Willis III DT
Juan Thornhill S
Jaylon Ferguson DE

Right now i think the one that has the best chance at being there at 58 is Ferguson. Thornhill is climbing boards, as is Willis. Allen and Ferguson might be the guys battling for the pick.

Allen would be a guy this team would probably switch inside to 3tech to rush the passer. Thats a spot that probably fits him better anyways. He doesnt have the speed to get after the Qb from the edge. But he doesnt have may bad plays. He's very strong and uses his hands and length to keep guys off him.

Ferguson is a guy who just doesnt stop working. People talk about the level of competition he went up against like thats somehow his fault. If Lawrence doesnt sign by the draft and there isnt any movement on negotiations i could see Dallas taking Ferguson at 58.

Theres been alot of talk about Thornhill, Dallas really seems to be on this kid. But so are alot of other teams because it's looking like he might be more of a CB in the NFL then S. He has the size and skills teams are looking for. Think Dallas is looking at him at CB too. Especially with this Jones hip issue. I doubt they resign him.

Carson

Reaction score
Just hoping DE and S aren’t wiped by 58.

You know how it goes.

We will get to pick 45-48 with everybody we want on the board. From 45 to 57 everybody we want goes and then have to panic pick lol

Mr_437

Reaction score
Out of the 4 I only like Allen and Thornhill, which, Juan won't be there so it would be Allen for me. Basically your TyCraw replacement.

Gaede

Reaction score
I know people are all hyped up about DE and S, but I want a TE at 58. Does anyone remember how awful our offense was? We need someone to get TDs in the redzone.

This is one of the best TE drafts in some time. And Witten is not the answer.

Irv Smith is my guy.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I know people are all hyped up about DE and S, but I want a TE at 58. Does anyone remember how awful our offense was? We need someone to get TDs in the redzone.

Irv Smith is my guy.

Jace Sternberger i think would be the TE in round 2. He wont reach Dallas at 90. But at 58 its a reach for him.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Irv Smith is my guy.
Not only is irv smith short, he doesnt do any of the things Dallas wants its TE to do. Witten is going to play alot of snaps unless he takes himself out.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just me, but I'm approaching 58 with 2020 in mind. Meaning this time next year we'll likely need THREE new starters at RT ( Collins), CB( Byron Jones), and TE (Witten) and won't have a ton of money to spend on for outside free agents. Other words, if a high graded TE, OT or CB falls to 58, that where I'd pull the trigger knowing I'm locking down at least one 2020 opening. Not to mention, the chances of getting a day-one starter at 58 are pretty slim.

Not trying to high jack your thread but if you're GM and have your two DT starters from 2018 returning and just signed two more via free agency, I'm not sure you spend 58 there UNLESS a 1st round talent drop ( Simmons). I know this isn't a popular opinion with members but I just don't see the need to spend 58 at DT. Not to mention we finish 2018 5th against the run and have probably two of the best run defending LBers in the league. Just don't see it......

Verdammung

Reaction score
So the best guy on that list is Juan Thornhill, and I gave him a third round grade, so something tells me I'm going to be either sick or pissed on April 26th.

Thornhill>Willis>Allen>Ferguson.

Please god, under any circumstances, do not draft Ferguson.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The best DL at 58. Can never have too many good cheap DL.

DanA

Reaction score
1. Abram (S)
2. Rapp (S)
3 I.Johnson (CB
4. Thornhill (S)

Whoever is available but my guess is Johnson with the two safeties gone.

mcduff

Reaction score
1. Abram (S)
2. Rapp (S)
3 I.Johnson (CB
4. Thornhill (S)

Whoever is available but my guess is Johnson with the two safeties gone.
Johnson is the answer with Byron not signing in 2020

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Thornhill is the only one on that list I would take at 58.
Yep.

Willis is a front runner..Ferguson is overrated, bullied weak competition..and Zach Allen is a big bag of meh for me, he's the Nick Hayden of defensive ends. Sure Marinelli will love him but he won't actually be or do anything special on the field. It will take fans three years (like with Hayden) to realize it.