Most TD QB+WR Combo's since 2011

robjay04

Reaction score
Danny White.

In some fan’s mind, I’m sure.

I don’t see many Danny White supporters today...I think the Romo supporters will live on which will leave him some sort of legacy.

I know I’ll always speak fondly of him to younger Cowboy fans.

superonyx

Reaction score
Romo may also have doubts about his health that he hasn’t made public.

He obviously has zero ill feelings towards the organization considering he named his son after Jerry and he decided to retire.

Sure he’s getting paid a good amount of money to be analyst now but Romo was released and chose to retire rather than sign with another team.

Going back to 2014, I remember he hurt his back again later in the year(missed the AZ game) and then he got injured in 3 out of his last 4 games. The health wasn’t there and his cap hit was too much when you have what appeared to be a capable QB making less than 5 percent what Romo was making.
I had the same feeling about his health.
I remember at the time reading that Romo played a full round of golf the weekend before he decided to announce his retirement. There was a story that he felt something in his back while golfing and that could have contributed to his decision to call it a career...

That being said...the man has a fire I’m not sure he knows how to put out..he made a joke about his last TD to T Will a few weeks ago..I don’t think he will come back...but I don’t think he could say 100% today that he wouldn’t.

Staubacher

Reaction score
WAAAAAAA!!!!

Nobody is crying (except you). The thread was about the Romo-Dez connection. So if you don't want to hear Romo talk there are hundreds of other threads instead. Cowboys fans talk about things a lot longer ago than Romo as well.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Who knows? But the best QB would have been starting and we'd have a capable backup who is learning from the best instead of regressing to the point where he is clueless in the pocket and ruining Dez career.

The Romo might have been hurt again argument is a straw man. It makes no sense. Dak would go in at that point anyway.
I dont think you are using "straw man" correctly, here, Staubacher. In the case of your response to my post, at least.

I posited a question, I didn't make a declarative statement based on zero facts/hyperbole/wish-casting. We all know Romo was hurt, chronically, for his last 3 season's. He played all-world in 2014, but was hurt then, even. It isn't an outlandish question to ask. Again, not declarative.

I asked you a legit question, and you replied, "who knows?" Your statement, "but the best QB would be starting" is more straw man than anything I posted. We don't know that Romo would be starting. We simply don't, brother. And that is an injury-based observation.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Nobody is crying (except you). The thread was about the Romo-Dez connection. So if you don't want to hear Romo talk there are hundreds of other threads instead. Cowboys fans talk about things a lot longer ago than Romo as well.
I love me some Romo. Too bad he didn't get a Chip. As others have posted numerous times, he was robbed of a SB -- or at least several deep runs -- by our inept circus org.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Romo may also have doubts about his health that he hasn’t made public.

He obviously has zero ill feelings towards the organization considering he named his son after Jerry and he decided to retire.

Sure he’s getting paid a good amount of money to be analyst now but Romo was released and chose to retire rather than sign with another team.

Going back to 2014, I remember he hurt his back again later in the year(missed the AZ game) and then he got injured in 3 out of his last 4 games. The health wasn’t there and his cap hit was too much when you have what appeared to be a capable QB making less than 5 percent what Romo was making.
This. Good lay-up, Robbie Rob

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Im not crying, I love Dak. Love Romo too, but it was his time to go. Sorry that makes you cry.

I mean honestly?............should we have kept the back broken, oft injured, over the hill Romo around just so you could wave your pom poms and have him and Dez be the #1 TD duo since 2011? But guess what? If Romo had been able to stay healthy , AND Dez, they would have been there. But especially Romo couldnt. And if there was ANY more indication that Romo was done, it was the fact that the guy retired. Great job aside, he knew it was over for him.

But cry all you want about Dak having a miracle rookie season. Any true Cowboys fan would be head over heals for this guy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who knows? But the best QB would have been starting and we'd have a capable backup who is learning from the best instead of regressing to the point where he is clueless in the pocket and ruining Dez career.

The Romo might have been hurt again argument is a straw man. It makes no sense. Dak would go in at that point anyway.
How is it a strawmans argument when Romo retired due to health concerns lol?

Staubacher

Reaction score
How is it a strawmans argument when Romo retired due to health concerns lol?

Because it assumes an either-or situation, as if Dak wouldn't exist if Romo beat him out. We'd have Romo starting and Dak coming in if Romo got hurt, and Dak eventually taking over anyway. The argument is always Romo shouldn't have had a chance to play because he may have gotten hurt.

Sorry if the logic is too complex to grasp, seems to be an issue here..

Staubacher

Reaction score
Im not crying, I love Dak. Love Romo too, but it was his time to go. Sorry that makes you cry.

I mean honestly?............should we have kept the back broken, oft injured, over the hill Romo around just so you could wave your pom poms and have him and Dez be the #1 TD duo since 2011? But guess what? If Romo had been able to stay healthy , AND Dez, they would have been there. But especially Romo couldnt. And if there was ANY more indication that Romo was done, it was the fact that the guy retired. Great job aside, he knew it was over for him.

But cry all you want about Dak having a miracle rookie season. Any true Cowboys fan would be head over heals for this guy.

I see you are incapable of rational discussion and resort to childish lingo.

It's heels by the way not heals.