Twitter: Most throws 20+ yards downfield

jrumann59

Reaction score
They have had a bye. And when you're completing 64%, you don't need as many attempts as you're already getting your chunks. If you add in another game at the same rates, they are basically the equivalent of 31 attempts at a 35% completion rate.
That mean they have 9 completions over 20 yards and Cle has approximately 12 completions.

jrumann59

Reaction score

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Looks like deep throws mean jack **** in the grand scope of things. 7 out of 10 of those teams at the top has an equal or worse record than us, and all of the bottom five have equal or greater.

Fans are just stupid in general. This includes myself.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dak goes over 20+ only on approximately 9% of his attempts.

Cle QBs are about 16%
Same with Mahomes 16%
Keenum is about 14%
Watson is 13%
To put it into perspective, Romo used to throw it "deep" around 10.7% of the time, about 2 more deep passes per 100 attempts than Dak. We aren't a deep passing team and haven't been for awhile. I don't get the sudden fascination with deep passing.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I said Alex Smith is the pinnacle of bus drivers. Funny how both teams are sitting at the bottom.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Surprising to see the Saints near the bottom of the league. Their recievers get some serious YAC.

The Saints use Kamara (sp?) wisely. He is their running back drafted in the 3rd round. The Rams and Patriots use a similar type of offense where they pass to their backs quite a bit to open up the passing game.

Coaching matters so much in the NFL. There is no reason why we can't use those types of offenses these other teams use.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This tends to happen when you repeatedly hit your receivers in stride and on time

Well, it also happens when you have a good playcaller like Sean Peyton. Who is offensive minded than the amateurs and the "coach in training" that run our offense.

jrumann59

Reaction score
To put it into perspective, Romo used to throw it "deep" around 10.7% of the time, about 2 more deep passes per 100 attempts than Dak. We aren't a deep passing team and haven't been for awhile. I don't get the sudden fascination with deep passing.
True Romo made his money in the intermediate zone also and was pinpoint accurate. It is about passing efficiency do we want Dak back there throwing 40 yard bombs, no but he has to be efficient with the ball throwing 7 yard check downs on 3rd and 10 is not efficient either.