Move Tyler Smith to LT and play Issac Alracon at LG

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Tyron is not going to last more than 4 games. Cowboys would be wise to put Tyler Smith at LT and start Issac Alarcon at LG. This would give you strength and size for a dominant run game, and athleticism to excel in pass protection.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Neither are ready. Both have physical upside - give them time. Alarcon needs to learn the balance and add pro-athlete muscle to that giant frame of his - and Tyler Smith needs to learn the technique so he doesn't hold. Both need a LOT of seasoning but I think both can contribute given time. But if you think Connor Williams held a lot - with those 2 youngins manning the left side - it would be a field day for opponents and a ton of penalties until they are READY - but hell yeah - give them a BILLION reps this offseason and all pre-season....

RS12

Reaction score
I d guess Tyron Smith plays 10 to 12 games, so I would not be at all surprised to see Tyler take regular season snaps at LT this season. Doubt Alarcon plays or even takes a regular season snap for the Cowboys though.

Loso86

Reaction score
Tyron is not going to last more than 4 games. Cowboys would be wise to put Tyler Smith at LT and start Issac Alarcon at LG. This would give you strength and size for a dominant run game, and athleticism to excel in pass protection.

Um lol no

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I think what some need to understand at this point is that this is a full blown OL rebuild. And there is no way around it. This is going to take 2-3 years starting this year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I say lets throw Alarcn in the fire and see what he has. I think the kid has earned this chance.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I say lets throw Alarcn in the fire and see what he has. I think the kid has earned this chance.

Based on what? A feel.good story on hbo? Dude hasn't even made the team yet. Let's try that first before we start talking about him earning a chance to start

Hardline

Reaction score
Highly doubtful. Doesn't have the movement skills to play OLT. I know fans have this hope, but it doesn't appear to have merit.

Maybe Waletzgo in a couple years.
His college game tape literally shows he has the movement. Its almost a 100% certainty he moves to left tackle eventually.

kskboys

Reaction score
His college game tape literally shows he has the movement. Its almost a 100% certainty he moves to left tackle eventually.
Opposite. Shows that he doesn't. Athletically limited.

I love the guy as a prospect, though, and I think he might be dominant.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Waletzko needs muscle, as the old saying goes he looks a little light in the britches.

Hardline

Reaction score
You do know he was drafted to eventually play tackle dont ypu?
Opposite. Shows that he doesn't. Athletically limited.

I love the guy as a prospect, though, and I think he might be dominant.