News: MSN: Jerry Looking to Make Big Splash in Draft

SSoup

Reaction score
I'd prefer if we "made a splash" by not trading up and simply picking useful players with as many of our picks as possible.

What a great splash that would make.

If we picked starters in each of the first three rounds, and some nice depth players (who are also good special teamers since we supposedly plan to not suck on special teams anymore?) after that, that'd be just fine. Even if we merely pick nice starters instead of 1 elite one.

I don't want to cost ourselves picks that should give us multiple cheap starters just to improve the quality of our one top pick.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry needs to come to fully realize that a successful draft doesn't depend on him to "make a big splash." He sees himself as one to put his team over the hump when it's really just the opposite. He just needs to stand aside and allow the scouts to give their advice.

Let's hope he'll see that this year. The biggest splash his team could hope for is for him to stand aside and pay heed to those who know the talent far better than the coaches do. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
When I read the title I though he's throwing a big party during the draft .. I bet many did too

:cool:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Jerry loves to hear himself talk! Jerry is too chicken to give up 3 #1s and player to go get Burrows. That safety from LSU named Delpit could be there at 17 and Jerry would trade back 3 spots and get a 7th round pick and take an offensive lineman.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
th
:laugh::facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Talk about a terrible move. Where was Stephen to stop that move.
This is what I mean about being careful what you say. Some yahoo on the first page said they traded 2 1st picks for Claiborne and then another yahoo believes it and perpetuates the lie. On and on it goes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Our last 3 drafts have been pretty much misses. Might as well go for a big splash Jerry.

Show everyone what a great football guy you are. Make a big impact for your new HC.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Only way I trade up into top ten if someone falls. And the only way that happens if other teams start grabbing qbs or wideouts early on. Let’s see if some big trades happen for tua burrow etc before the draft like Washington did for rg3 or philly w wentz

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would not mind moving up a few spots to get Derrick Brown. If he can slide a bit in the 1st rd I would love to see Dallas jump up and get him. I would be shocked to see Dallas move up to the top 5 to get a player

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
This is what I mean about being careful what you say. Some yahoo on the first page said they traded 2 1st picks for Claiborne and then another yahoo believes it and perpetuates the lie. On and on it goes.

Just like you SHERLOCK YAHOO.

fifaguy

Reaction score
They'd be really stupid to trade all the way up to #3/4 to get Okudah. No corner is worth that.

But of course they're going to "explore." Every team in the league in this situation would.

Remember when they traded up for Mo Claiborne :facepalm: