Mt. Rushmore of Cowboys

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I'm sticking with Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, Bob Lilly and Emmitt Smith. That's my Mount Rushmore :flagwave:

It is somewhat of a dilemma, the Cowboys may have outgrown Mount Rushmore :laugh:

Feel this is right....i think if you select Cowboys for this, it is not so much how talented the player was....but what it did for the franchise. So its not just about his play. Landry, Staubach, Lilly and Emmitt define the Cowboys franchise. There are a few others as well but that could be top 4.

kskboys

Reaction score
Feel this is right....i think if you select Cowboys for this, it is not so much how talented the player was....but what it did for the franchise. So its not just about his play. Landry, Staubach, Lilly and Emmitt define the Cowboys franchise. There are a few others as well but that could be top 4.
Lilly and Randy White, 7 times all pro. Larry Allen, 6. Chuck Howley, 5.

75boyz

Reaction score
My Rushmore group would include Landry, Roger and Michael. I would consider a large number of 70s and 90s players as equally interchangeable after those 3. They are the best representatives of the team's 2 most dominating eras imo.

My fanhood start was 74-75 so I beg the pardon of those historically great 60s Cowboy players.who played before my time.

jmo

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3A88NtD.jpg

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I thought this would be interesting. Top 4 Cowboys of all time. Probably changes depending on when you grew up. I'm an old guy so some players from earlier are included
-Roger Staubach
-Bob Lilly
-Randy White
-Emmitt Smith
So many worthy players. What say you?

Staubach
Irvin
Emmitt
Aikman

Lilly and White were great in their day, but time marches on, today's offenses would handle those two adequately.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Putting non-players in only muddles the exercise. Because a perfectly logically group is Clint Murchison for creating the team, Tex Shramm for overseeing decades of success, Tom Landry for coaching said decades, and Gil Brandt for acquiring all of those players. And then 5 is Jimmy Johnson.

But that’s the most boring list one could come up with. Should be relegated to players only
No it shouldn't. If the Eagles had ever had an iconic coach like Landry, you'd understand.

cowboyec

Reaction score
cowboys o-lineman mt rushmore:
☆Rayfield Wright
☆Larry Allen
☆Tyron Smith
☆Zack Martin

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought this would be interesting. Top 4 Cowboys of all time. Probably changes depending on when you grew up. I'm an old guy so some players from earlier are included
-Roger Staubach
-Bob Lilly
-Randy White
-Emmitt Smith
So many worthy players. What say you?

Lilly
Staubach
Aikman
Smith
Ware
Dak Prescott:muttley:...as the waterboy for the above Elite Cowboys!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Lilly
Staubach
Aikman
Smith
Ware
Dak Prescott:muttley:...as the waterboy for the above Elite Cowboys!!!

Egads!
Ware?
No, my brother, you got to get her own iconic player.
Ware was good but not Staubach or even Aikman or Haley good.