Murray OU Linebacker

Verdict

Reaction score
I liked Murray as a 3rd round pick and thought he would be a steal there. I see why now. Several draft sources have him linked as one of the top linebackers in the draft and going in the first round. Lol.

I thought Hurts would be a steal if we could get him late (4th or after). I see he is ranked at about #90 overall in some draft sources. He is higher in others. But I think he could fall later than #90. He’s a project.

I was surprised that Gallimore was listed as high as he was too.

It looks like OU could have multiple first rounders this year.

As a side note I see a lot of names from the 15-50 range that will be good players. Might be a good year to trade back if we don’t have a septic guy we are hell bent on getting.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I like Murray too and hope we could possibly get him in the 2nd but that will be out of the question now. No way he drops that far

Sydla

Reaction score
The question with Murray is where are you playing him? Even if you think he's better than Jaylon Smith, it's hard to imagine they would bench Smith with that contract. Are you worried about LVE's injury? I guess if you had a fear LVE might not be the same player because of that neck, I'd see taking Murray............. he's a stud. Play him at SAM? Probably will not get the full value in that pick then.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If we're assuming LVE is healthy, I'm not drafting a guy who is only going to play 30% of snaps, tops, in the second round

RandyOh

Reaction score
Murray is a player I’ve been pimping.

To me, every LB on our roster is a question mark.
This is sadly the truth. Just when it looked like we finally had a bright spot on the defensive with our linebackers a year ago. This teams cursed. I swear it.