Must solve this problem - stopping the run

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dunlap and Hicks would be my dream free agents. Dunlap is the perfect 5 tech and Hicks would be a walk in starter at 1 tech.
That would be really nice but unfortunately a lot to hope for.

With the Jones boys in charge we will probably get Linville Joseph and a ham sandwich.

But hey at this point just give me someone big enough to hold their ground

kskboys

Reaction score
By the DVO metric we had the number 2 Defense in the NFL. We had a top 10 scoring defense. I guess you think the offense is great because we led the league in scoring and total yards.:eek::facepalm:
I guess you're having vision issues!!!!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Looks like you have a totally freakish talent in Jordan Davis at 6-6 playing at 350-360 and running like a 4.7 40 . Trade up do what ever it takes to get him . These guys dont come along every year . Fix the Oline in FA and shoot the works for a generational player .

Then sit back and watch what it does for everyone else on the defense. Think Micah looked good last year watch what happens when this guy is taking up half the Oline to keep him neutralized.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if we play more bad teams and don't fix the run defense it will be okay because our superior qb can score against them. :D

Blackrain

Reaction score
if we play more bad teams and don't fix the run defense it will be okay because our superior qb can score against them. :D

Coming out of this offseason our QB should have absolutely no excuses . No rehab. Time to work on his game . HEALTHY!! If I see him holding the ball refusing to run with a bunch of open ground in front of him like I did last year Im done with the season .

I will grudgingly give him a pass last year because of injury but if he refuses to use his legs this year to keep the chains moving Im done . I have to agree with Nate Newton again when he said Dak was part of the running game problem .

IT all trickles down when he wont run and holds the ball too long because he cant read defenses fast enough it makes the Oline look worse and causes them to get penalties . This stalls drives throwing a tired defense back out on the field to get gashed by the run.

Dak is compromised as a reader of defense and his accuracy can be suspect at times . These flaws were partially negated at one time by his ability to run and use everything in his skill set to move the chains . Without this ability, he is limited and a liability that goes 3 and out too much and that hurts our defense

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yeah my vision missed two all pro defenders in Parson and Diggs get sacks and interceptions.

Yes those 2 young men covered a multitude of sins on that defense but IMO to expect them to be Batman and Robin again this year and pull the rabbit out of the hat continually is a lot to ask .

Now throw Jordan Davis in the middle of that Dline with Bobby Wagner behind him and look out Micah will look like the second coming of LT

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yes those 2 young men covered a multitude of sins on that defense but IMO to expect them to be Batman and Robin again this year and pull the rabbit out of the hat continually is a lot to ask .

Now throw Jordan Davis in the middle of that Dline with Bobby Wagner behind him and look out Micah will look like the second coming of LT
Sadly Davis will be a top 15 pick.:angry:

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah my vision missed two all pro defenders in Parson and Diggs get sacks and interceptions.
And your vision missed a D that constantly got gashed up the middle because we can't stop the run.

Use another facepalm, it's dumb and fits w/ your posting!!!!!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Sadly Davis will be a top 15 pick.:angry:

I agree but if we really want to make it a priority to stop the run for a while we need to move up and make it happen . In building a defense a kid like this is the first building block to making the whole defense better . That would put a playmaker on the line at LB and in the secondary .

As last year showed two out of three aint bad but a YOUNG impact player on all 3 levels with a good coach and we have the DOOMS DAY DEFENSE back Come on in here KSK and give me an AMEN on this

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Coming out of this offseason our QB should have absolutely no excuses . No rehab. Time to work on his game . HEALTHY!! If I see him holding the ball refusing to run with a bunch of open ground in front of him like I did last year Im done with the season .

I will grudgingly give him a pass last year because of injury but if he refuses to use his legs this year to keep the chains moving I'm done. I have to agree with Nate Newton again when he said Dak was part of the running game problem.

IT all trickles down when he won't run and holds the ball too long because he can't read defenses fast enough it makes the Oline look worse and causes them to get penalties. This stall drives throwing a tired defense back out on the field to get gashed by the run.

Dak is compromised as a reader of defense and his accuracy can be suspect at times. These flaws were partially negated at one time by his ability to run and use everything in his skill set to move the chains. Without this ability, he is limited and a liability that goes 3 and out too much and that hurts our defense
good post

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree but if we really want to make it a priority to stop the run for a while we need to move up and make it happen . In building a defense a kid like this is the first building block to making the whole defense better . That would put a playmaker on the line at LB and in the secondary .

As last year showed two out of three aint bad but a YOUNG impact player on all 3 levels with a good coach and we have the DOOMS DAY DEFENSE back Come on in here KSK and give me an AMEN on this
Both super bowl teams have huge dudes at NT and those dudes were instrumental in their super bowl runs. Cincy was 5th and LAR was 6th at stopping the run.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

The Cowboys have the draft capital to move up and get Davis but cap boy is more likely to trade down. The Cowboys, like last draft has told the whole world what they want. Expect the guards to be drafted between 20-23.:laugh::facepalm:

Blackrain

Reaction score
I hear you brother it's like groundhog day every year.
Serious fans are concerned every year about stopping the run and every year like clockwork we do not use a first-round pick to fix this problem.

And every time we do make the playoffs and everybody's good the lack of being able to stop the run bites us in the behind and we lament over it.

That's why I kind of get a little frustrated out of bench racing it over and over again because we fans know what it takes to fix the problem and we would have used a first round pick on a giant 6-6. 350 lb generational player that was 22 years old and we could potentially get quite a few years out of kind of like we did Tyron on the offensive side of the ball.

But no when we are lucky enough to make the playoffs we must sit in frustration and watch the ball get run down our throats.