My 20 year old Lawn Boy mower finally bit the dust

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The two blades are physically connected to each other so one cannot rotate without the other. I think the problem is the machine simply does not create enough vacuum to pull the grass up straight so it can cut it. Perhaps it is not getting enough RPMs?
Are both blades on the right way? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sounded like one side isn't cutting while the other one is?

Creeper

Reaction score
Are both blades on the right way? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sounded like one side isn't cutting while the other one is?

Yeah, maybe I didn't explain it to well. The mower has 1 "drive shaft" in the center of the mower housing. Then it has a regular mower blade with a center slot that secures to the shaft and rotes with the motor shaft like a regular mower. The difference is the blade is actually 2 blades with one being slightly offset from the other. It is two blades that both secure to the shaft in the center but the two blades are fastened to each other so they rotate as one. I am not doing a good job of explaining this.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, maybe I didn't explain it to well. The mower has 1 "drive shaft" in the center of the mower housing. Then it has a regular mower blade with a center slot that secures to the shaft and rotes with the motor shaft like a regular mower. The difference is the blade is actually 2 blades with one being slightly offset from the other. It is two blades that both secure to the shaft in the center but the two blades are fastened to each other so they rotate as one. I am not doing a good job of explaining this.
Okay. I was thinking two shafts with a belt.

nobody

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a Toro Recycle 22 in electric. I was thinking about the Ego, but saw one and it's all plastic in the body and there are so many complaints of the plastic parts breaking. I saw the body of the Toro is metal, so I might go with that.