My 3 team trade involving Dak

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Yobwocs, Feb 26, 2021.

1. McKDaddy

McKDaddy Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    2,559 Likes Received
    only flaw in his game is he has to take chances to keep that team competitive and in the playoffs every year.

ShaneFalco likes this.
  2. HanD

HanD Well-Known Member

2,305 Messages
    1,835 Likes Received
    normally i wouldn't trade dak and a 1st for wilson but this scenario would require seattle eating a lot of dead cap and the receiving team gets wilson at a cap hit would avg in the mid 20s for the next 3 years which is a steal.

seattle would have to eat so much cap to trade wilson and then cut players to get under the cap...

i don't think the raiders give up a first and carr for dak because they are cap strapped and wouldn't want to double their QBs salary commitment.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  3. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

45,757 Messages
    68,180 Likes Received
    You would be paying Wilson less than you would Dak.

ShaneFalco and CATCH17 like this.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

27,062 Messages
    14,100 Likes Received
    Other than the fact that he has a generally poor pocket presence and doesn't get rid of the ball quickly, sure.

fivetwos likes this.
  5. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

13,245 Messages
    19,055 Likes Received
    So we're a few million dollars away from winning. Go it. :laugh:

6. zrinkill

zrinkill Troller of Trolls Zone Supporter

39,785 Messages
    12,600 Likes Received
    Jeebus

Vanilla2 likes this.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

55,932 Messages
    58,015 Likes Received
    If we must pay a QB then i'd much rather have Wilson at a cheaper price then Dak.

I think we're a team trending down though and the better option would be to roll the dice in the draft and get the cheapest option possible and focus on stacking the rest of the roster.

Robbieac and ShaneFalco like this.
  8. McKDaddy

McKDaddy Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    2,559 Likes Received
    surprised by that comment from you Future.
    I believe most folks regard his pocket presence as outstanding. routinely clowning defenders to keep the play alive because he has to buy time in order to drop those dimes to receivers who aren't really open or to allow them to get 40 yards downfield.
    All things equal, i would take his "flaws" any day.

9. USArmyVet

USArmyVet Well-Known Member

2,056 Messages
    3,561 Likes Received
    I have said it several times already but if I ran the Cowboys I call the Raiders and I call Dak and figure out how to obtain Derek Carr plus another player and the Raiders 1st in 2021 for Dak Prescott.

While Carr has not had the winning stats with the Raiders in part due to a screwed up run franchise, his personal stats are not debatable:

Career Stats

2014-2020 (110 Games) 2,468 for 3,830 Comp % 64.4% 26,896 Yards 170 TD's 71 INT's

Even more enticing is Carr's stats from 2016-2020 (78 Games):

1,770 for 2,658 Comp % 66.6% 19,639 Yards 117 TD's 46 INT's

Carr is actually improving and becoming a much more efficient NFL starting QB in spite of the team record. Carr turns 30 in March (just 2 years older than Dak who turns 28 in July) and when you compare Carr's stats from 2016-2020 to that of Dak Prescott's stats, you will see something interesting:

Dak Prescott 2016-2020 (69 Games):

1,514 for 2,293 Comp % 66% 17,634 Yards 106 TD's 40 INT's

Carr's salary cap hits:

2021: $22.125M

2022: $19.877M

Getting him affords Dallas to reallocate some financial resources towards fixing the defense while suffering no drop off at the QB position.

10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

27,062 Messages
    14,100 Likes Received
    No, it's not, especially not the back half of last year. Like Watson, a lot of the scrambling, big plays are because he holds the ball too long, or creates pressure with poor movement. Too often being a great runner is associated with being great in the pocket.

From the paywalled site - “What is wrong with Russell Wilson?” a veteran coach who watched the game said at the time. “He is seeing ghosts. They act like they are not protecting him, but he kills the protection. There are times they got a clean pocket, he runs up in there, he just panics. He is not playing very good at all.”

PJTHEDOORS likes this.
  11. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

48,679 Messages
    52,039 Likes Received
    Not in a win now mode? BS. The offense if the OL stays healthy is in a win now mode. It was more scheme and injuries last year that made the defense suck. Now with a new scheme, get some of these players healthy, a good draft. so if the defense can even be middle of the pack, they are ready.

3 or 4 bad drafts in a row? what the hell, you expect a pro bowler even in the 7th round?

12. Adreme

Adreme Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    945 Likes Received
    Okay lets make it simple. 2017,2018, and 2019 tell me who the top picks are from the first half of those drafts because in a good draft you find 1 playmaker at the top. Also, tell me who the solid starters are from those drafts in the mid to late rounds. They simply do not exist. The top was a disaster and the bottom did not find enough solid starters. Hitting on drafts is how you win in the NFL and only a fool would say 2017-2019 drafts are anything but a significant L across the board.

13. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

21,983 Messages
    18,399 Likes Received
    The Cowboys would be the winner in this, and maybe the Seahawks would think about it if they could sign Carr to an extension at a reasonable price, but I don't see this working for the Raiders who would give up Carr, a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick to get Prescott on a big contract and a 3rd round pick.

14. jazzcat22

48,679 Messages
    52,039 Likes Received
    So you are calling me a fool? get lost dude, look at the entire drafts. 2017, we had some serviceable players, for the years they were here. Taco was a bust. 2018 and 2019, you are wrong, as give another 1 or 2 years. And we are getting good production from them, not their fault they had a horrible scheme and injuries last year. As I said you expect a pro bowl player at every round. Who is being the fool? not me.

15. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

8,544 Messages
    9,961 Likes Received
    Great call.

He looks terribly uncomfortable in the pocket. I'd call it pocket awareness more than presence but that's just semantics.

Way too many times he needed to take off and get a 1st down with his legs, chose not to, and looked very indecisive in doing so.

IMO the more he runs the more successful he is.

Seemed like the team tried to turn him into a pocket passer after 2016.

My biggest concern is he won't run at all after the injury and the decline in his overall game continues.

16. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

5,656 Messages
    5,298 Likes Received
    I think if you trade for Wilson you are probably reworking his deal at some point.

17. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

5,053 Messages
    1,531 Likes Received
    Yeah I wouldn’t give that up but just so you know.

18. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

8,544 Messages
    9,961 Likes Received
    No...but it WOULD be nice to hit on a solid starter in the 4th or 5th round for a change.

Other teams amazingly do that here and there.

19. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

5,656 Messages
    5,298 Likes Received
    strapped for cash and haven’t heard of something called the salary cap? It’s tough out there right now we just can’t afford any high priced player. Much less a quarterback. I suggest we rescind the tag and let Stephen get out there to find a hidden gem in free agency.

20. jazzcat22

48,679 Messages
    52,039 Likes Received
    What if a trade were to happen, then Wilson holds out for a bigger contract. :muttley:

DeaconBlues and Vanilla2 like this.