My 3 team trade involving Dak

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Other than the fact that he has a generally poor pocket presence and doesn't get rid of the ball quickly, sure.
lol, every time you post I wonder if you ever actually watched an NFL game.
Its cool if you didnt, I understand the limitations of being in a 3rd world country,, I survived for a very long time without that ability.
Just dont pretend to under evaluate a QB like Russell Wilson.
When you disrespect RW talent, your evaluations fall on deaf ears.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Hey Jazz,

How you doing today? Honestly, I would expect that if we did trade for Wilson, we would rework his deal as a matter of course. I think at the very least, we would try to rework it so that it's a three year deal with a two year team option, and that's at a minimum. Obviously, Wilson would want more money but we would be in a position to do that. I mean, I honest believe that we were willing to do a deal of at least 35 AAV with Dak so I'd guess we have room to fit that, at least but I'd imagine that we would not have to go that high because Wilson will still get paid from Seattle. So financially, I think it would be possible and the team would want to do it IMO because they would want to give them selves extra time to A. extend if he is lights out and B. create cap flexibility. I honestly would not expect a hold out on Wilson's part or any reticence on behalf of the team to rework his contract.

JMO

I will tell you that if it were me, this is not the deal I would pursue if I were Jerry. I would go out and see if I could work something out with the Jets. NY plus Dak equals a lot of money if they are interested in Dak. I believe the Jets currently have like 67 mil in cap space next year so they would have the room to make the kind of deal Dak wants a reality. NY would love Dak and his opportunity for subsidy revenue, through advertisements would probably exceed what he might do in Dallas. It's one of the few places that you can actually make more money, in that regard, then you can as the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

The Cowboys would get Darnold, their Second overall pick and perhaps their second round pick. Darnold gives you a bridge QB with talent and upside. "People will ask, did you actually watch him play, he was terrible!" But I did watch the Jets and Darnold had not a lot to work with. That kid has talent. If he had a solid OL to play behind and targets, he could be a really good option. His salary, this season would be like 3.8 mil to us. That leaves a huge amount of room to rework his deal and extend him and still leaves you, probably double the amount of cap space AAV that Dak would cost you. You get two high picks in this years draft, of which, you could either target a guy like Wilson from BYU and a starter on Defense in the Early 2nd round, use your 10th pick on the best available LT, and you address three key needs in one draft. You get what I believe is a much better starting option then even Dalton, if you wanted to you could probably afford to resign Dalton and allow the two to battle it out as your starter, while developing your future QB. Or, if you want to go this route, you can package the 2nd and 10th overall to move up to the first pick and take Lawrence if you want to do that. You could resign Dalton and have your bridge and your future Franchise guy right there with 5 years of cap relief to allow you to build the Defense and take a shot at a championship. You put yourself in a position where you have plenty of cap to sign everybody, to bring in needed FAs and you are in excellent position to compete for a good while. This is really the best situation we could pursue IMO but again, that's just my opinion.
Love that, but man that is just a fantasy but that would be the best deal since the Herschel Walker trade.

Loso86

Reaction score
You do know Wilson carries one of the most expensive contracts, right?

Plus, why in the hell would we give up both Dak and our 1st round #10th overall pick?

This is the kind of stuff that makes one go nuts!!!
Well not saying I want him, BUT his cap hit hear wouldnt be much more than 23 mil all 3 years he has left because the Seahawks would pay the other half

Loso86

Reaction score
Not a damn chance I wouldn’t give up more than a head to head swap actually if the cowboys are dead set on getting a back up plan ( which I don’t believe they are) draft a qb ( Mac Jones or trade up) and resign Dalton cheap

Wilson is a good qb but he puts you in same boat Dak does. You might as well pay dak
They wouldnt take just a head to head swap because Dak isn't under contract

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
If the raiders are on Wilson’s list and Wilson is a better qb than dak and assuming in your scenario that the raiders wanna move on from Carr- why wouldn’t they just trade for Wilson themselves and cut the cowboys and dak out of the picture

lostar2009

Reaction score
Not giving up Dak and a first rounder for Russell. If anything Seattle should give us more for Dak. A young QB on the cuffs of greatness. While Russell has like 5 years left?

conner01

Reaction score
I’m guessing they have very little pull to get that done.
Nope
Just a proposed trade idea
The numbers add up fairly well but a 3 team trade in the nfl is very complicated and not very likely

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
the hell with the money, we would have to give up #10 AND A THIRD

LMAO
Exactly my concern. That's crazy how some posters are quick to allow the Seahawks to swindle the Cowboys as long as Dak gets sent out of the picture.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He doesn't have to hold out the season. He just has to delay signing the tag till after the draft. At that point everyone will have made their decisions at qb. Few, if any, will have the cap space to even absorb Dak's franchise tag. And a team won't give much if Dak doesn't want to be there because he can just leave in a year.

This actually isn't true. I mean, it impacts the situation, for sure but it doesn't really prevent it. Every team in need of a QB is not going to get one this season and, teams who might have interest would likely reach out to the team. So if there is a team out there who has interest in Dak, the deal could still be done, it just might be with future draft picks and that would actually mean more draft capitol for the Cowboys and the deal gets done after the draft. Demand would likely be increase as well because after the draft, there are fewer teams left and those that are left, would have to pay a premium to insure they have a QB. It could be a good thing, perhaps.

IDK.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
We can't afford to resign Dak and Dalton.
Andy has earned a good payday.

Not true at all. I mean, it certainly wouldn't be ideal, I agree, but remember, that scenario plays out only if the team either knows that dak is moving on or that he is sitting out. If he's sitting out then the team has no choice but to go get another QB in FA. Last year, that was obviously Dalton, this coming year, it could be somebody else but, either way, you gotta bring somebody in because we clearly saw that Nucc and Gilbert are likely not answers. So bottom line, you are paying somebody. Now, if you work out a deal with Dalton, he likely knows he's getting 8 starts or the entire season. Where else will he go and get that guarantee? The money won't be stupid starting money to get him so I think you spend the money smart because you gotta spend it either way. The other side of this is that if Dak signs but holds out, he doesn't get paid so you have more then enough money available there to cover the contract for Dalton. If he's unable to play due to injury, the team gets relief so there actually would be money available to pay him and really, plenty of it becaause Dak's contract would be 38 mil this year. He sits a few games and that's a lot of cap relief to sign another guy so I think there is a way to do this.

They key is understanding where he is at and what he and his agent intend to do with this upcoming season.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You're misunderstanding again. He's going to play from day one. But he's not going to accept anything other than the franchise, or the exact contract he wants. There is absolutely no reason for him to. The team has zero leverage. Dak is taking absolutely no chances, even if he did sit out. It's not going to hurt his value one bit to other teams. If he's sitting out then he clearly doesn't want to be with the Cowboys. So, again, not hurting him. Dak is a known commodity. He is going to get paid. That's not a question. The only question is who is going to pay him.

I don't feel like I'm misunderstanding anything. He may play from day one but you don't know that. The team hasn't announced that and no reports on his physical situation confirm that, so far as I've seen or read. He very well may be on the shelf still.

The team does have leverage if they want it. They just have to be willing to walk away from Dak and if they choose to do that, the team has all the leverage and Dak has none.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Love that, but man that is just a fantasy but that would be the best deal since the Herschel Walker trade.

It might not be Typhus. I mean, Dak would do great in NY, that's about as good a situation for him, professionally, as you can get if he can win. He's exactly the type of QB that could make a lot of thing better for the Jets but they would have to buy in. If they did, this deal works for everybody. The Press love Dak and you know that because even when the team is getting raked, Dak gets love so you put him in NY and forgetaboutit! That's a win, win but I get what you are saying, it's really hard to imagine the team getting to this point but if they did, this is the perfect out for everybody IMO.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I don't feel like I'm misunderstanding anything. He may play from day one but you don't know that. The team hasn't announced that and no reports on his physical situation confirm that, so far as I've seen or read. He very well may be on the shelf still.

The team does have leverage if they want it. They just have to be willing to walk away from Dak and if they choose to do that, the team has all the leverage and Dak has none.

Losing Dak for nothing is not "leverage".

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I got a better one:

Raiders receive: 4th rounder (Seahawks)
Cowboys receive: Russel Wilson, Derek Carr, 1st rounder (Raiders), 1st rounder (Seahawks)
Seahawks receive: 4th rounder (Raiders)

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
This actually isn't true. I mean, it impacts the situation, for sure but it doesn't really prevent it. Every team in need of a QB is not going to get one this season and, teams who might have interest would likely reach out to the team. So if there is a team out there who has interest in Dak, the deal could still be done, it just might be with future draft picks and that would actually mean more draft capitol for the Cowboys and the deal gets done after the draft. Demand would likely be increase as well because after the draft, there are fewer teams left and those that are left, would have to pay a premium to insure they have a QB. It could be a good thing, perhaps.

IDK.

That still begs the question of how many teams would have $37 million in extra cap space after already spending in free agency with a reduced salary cap in 2021. Plus without a commitment from Dak to sign long-term I don't think a team is giving up a lot of draft capital.