My battle with ATT/Uverse

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Called back in September when the year contract was up, talked to the retention dept. who quoted me a price of around 125.00 for TV/Internet/Phone.
Get the first bill the following month and it was around 35$ more.
Called again and was told they didn't get the information into the system to catch that billing cycle but promised it would be on the next one.
Next one comes and its around the same price, I call the billing department which fyi is outsourced to Manila, Philippines. Am basically given the run around. I hang up and call the retention department again and the guy in Chicago tells me he would give me 100$ off my next bill but after that the bills would be back up to the 160$ range. I accept it because its better than nothing but it still sticks in my craw.
So Monday I filed a complaint with the FCC and provided them with the information such as the prices I was quoted on more than 1 occasion as well as employee names and id numbers.

The ATT appeals and escalation team in San Diego called me 12 hours later and the gentleman reviewed my information and knocked my bill back down to the 125 range. Took less than 10 minutes on the phone and came away happy.
I did however ask him about the NFL network coming back to Uverse and he told as of right now they have NO plans at all the bring it back.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good for you, sticking it to them! They know they're the only game in town, so they think they can do whatever they want.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They don't call you the Fox for nothing, very crafty, why, one might even think you sly. Of course, we only call you that because you named yourself that. Same here, no one calls me coach anywhere else.

I do believe ATT and the NFL are at arm's length with each other and true to form, the NFL showed their true colors. My guy pretty high up with ATT, the one that told me about them "laying off" some employees off because the stadium naming was not in the budget and the execs wanted all the perks that come with that, told me that the NFL tried to make a run at some streamers for the Sunday Ticket after telling them they were happy to keep it exclusive to DirecTV/ATT and ATT even considered adding that to Uverse. The NFL is the textbook example of unbridled greed.

ATT is going to be interesting to watch because their newest bigass owner of a lot of stock wants them to divest of fringe companies like DirecTV and focus on their core business.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Just imagine. They run this same scheme on hundreds of thousands or millions of people and the vast majority don't follow through to the end.

AT&T's practices are borderline criminal, and they're only "borderline" because they can pay lawyers to keep them on the border. If anarchy ever sets in, I'm heading to AT&T headquarters looking for blood. I only hope that I get there before everyone else.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Just imagine. They run this same scheme on hundreds of thousands or millions of people and the vast majority don't follow through to the end.

AT&T's practices are borderline criminal, and they're only "borderline" because they can pay lawyers to keep them on the border. If anarchy ever sets in, I'm heading to AT&T headquarters looking for blood. I only hope that I get there before everyone else.

I honestly don't know if its intentional, or incompetence or a lil of both. During a 2 month period a talked to so many people its crazy, their billing department is outsourced to Manila, tech support is pretty much the same. The retention as well as appeal and escalation departments are in San Antonio, Chicago and San Diego as far as I know.
If the NFL network isn't back by the time my contract is up I will be looking elsewhere, and at least in my experiences they all are the same whether it be ATT, Cox or Dish.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Monday I filed a complaint with the FCC and provided them with the information such as the prices I was quoted on more than 1 occasion as well as employee names and id numbers.

The ATT appeals and escalation team in San Diego called me 12 hours later and the gentleman reviewed my information and knocked my bill back down to the 125 range.
Good job!

Bigdog

Reaction score
I had to get rid of ATT Uverse internet they could not handle all speeds I needed. My internet would just go off line a lot. I had 7 different engineers from ATT come out and they all said that the line was fine but I live too far away from the main box which is one of the reasons why the internet keeps on dropping. All of them even told me that the speed that I was originally on that ATT could provide it and they dropped me down to where I was suppose to be. My internet was still dropping and when I asked about fiber optics they just laughed and said the new house will get it but not the old ones. 5 different ATT engineers told me I need to switch internet providers because they can not provide me the service that I need. When I called to cancel and I told them why they try retain me. I finally informed them that your own people told me to switch from you guys. That was the end of that.