My computer got filled with viruses

notherbob

Reaction score
In response to a post in this forum promoting dalcowboychuck's website I went there as the post said you could watch the game on streaming video but it was a lie as I spent 30 minutes trying to get the game and all I got was a bunch of viruses and malware and some other crap. I am reporting this to save someone else from a similar fate. I will have to take my comport into the shop now and hope I don't lose all programs and data. Visit that website at your own peril.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Happens with a lot of sites I've had issues with firstrow and others as well. It's always at your own risk

foofighters

Reaction score
Where you clicking a bunch of stuff? I have had to watch games online from time to time and have never had an issue because I don't click things. Have to wait a few seconds for the real "X" to appear to close windows.

notherbob

Reaction score
It's my own fault as I should have known better. I'm here today to warn others away and request the mods to ban that website or anyone recommending it. I will certainly never again get into any streaming video. They're probably all scams.

dupree89

Reaction score
Bob have you downloaded malware bytes and run it? Its free and it cleans up lots of stuff. For optimum efficiency, run your computer in "safe mode" while you use malware bytes.

(note to mods:) I have no affiliation with this program, but its free and very effective and I was just making a suggestion to another member.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with dupree89 .. go download Malwarebytes and run it on your computer.

notherbob

Reaction score
The last time I tried Malwarebytes, they tried to scam me so I deleted all traces of it off my computer. I thought it worked well so I responded to their offer to get a year's coverage for $39. Then they started billing me for $39 every 30 days ,telling me my 30 free trial had expired and it wouldn't work anymore. That is exactly what has happened with every anti-virus or anti-spyware program I have tried. Are there any of them that actually work and are not scams?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Use the free version, that's all you need. Make sure you do NOT enable their paid version trial when you install it.

notherbob

Reaction score
Reality -

OK,I 'll try that . Thanks. I guess my mistake was trying to pay instead of being seen as a freeloader.

cml750

Reaction score
Reality -

OK,I 'll try that . Thanks. I guess my mistake was trying to pay instead of being seen as a freeloader.

I have always had good luck with the free versions. Malwarebytes works very well and AVG free is a good free antivirus. If you ever do go back to s streaming site, open the sight and let it sit for a few minutes. All the links have fake "X's" to get you to click the link at first and the real "X" to close it will appear withing a few minutes. I had to deal with this to watch Houston Rockets games for a few years during the Comcast Sportsnet Houston fiasco. After I learned the "X's" trick, I never opened a malware link.