My Concerns with our Headcoach situation

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Very good point. HC purgatory is one of the worst places to find yourself. I think you could quite easily make the argument that JG is even below average as a schematic/in-game HC.

Depending on the front office structure and how roster management duties are divided (i.e. how much credit the HC is given for constructing the roster well), this could be the absolute worst case scenario to find yourself in. In other words, JG's ability to build a solid roster but inability to get the team over the hump against other great teams/coaches could potentially hold the organization back for a shockingly long period of time.
Like 7 years?

Reaction score
then there is this too.
A really bad coach, in Chip Kelly. but yet somehow the Eagles get rid of all those bad contracts, make trades, sign FA's, draft well, and with a new coach, he turns the team around in 2 years.
Same players, new coach, and entire new coaching staff in the Rams. Look at what they are doing.

So it goes along with your average coach theory of 8-8, and just how many times we had a win and in season ending loss. 3 seasons of 8-8.
Still to be seen, will this year be one of those years. Can our average coach turn this team and season around.
To do this, you need a patsy to continually fleece like the Eagles have in the Dolphins.

That's pretty tough to find. Kudos to the Eagles for fining one and continually whipping them in trades.

The Cowboys aren't nearly as smart.

Eagles need a RB? "let's give those idiots in Miami a call."

links18

Reaction score
When this team has done well the last few years, its been in spite of the coaching--not because of it. They road to Murray to the Playoffs in '04 and got lucky with Dak and Zeke last year. They only got Zeke because they could hardly win a game without Romo the year before. That is all there is to it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He's gone with anything less than 9 wins

Team hasn't played to its talent from preseason all the way to opening kickoff of the Giants game.

We were ran off the field by sorry *** Denver Broncos

It was early, their defense hadn't given up, I could see losing a 17-13 type game, but to get off the field was totally unacceptable. And Lee and Zeke were both in that game. Lee got ran over and Zeke got stuffed. You're shallow thinking if you think those guys solve the issues of the past two games.

This is what happens when the coach doesn't take care of business in August!

Other teams were grinding, while our coach was asking the DJ to pump the music louder

Coughlin went to Jax and got rid of the training camp music. Coincidence? I think not. But what about last season? No guaranteed carry over in the NFL. What Belichick say after they won the SB: This season is over. We have to get started on next season
Wishful thinking that he will be gone with less than 9 wins

visionary

Reaction score
Jerry West, former Lakers General Manager & current Golden State Warriors executive, said that the worst thing a sports franchise can be is average. You're not good enough to truly compete for championships and you're not bad enough to draft elite, impact players.

This is Us.

Jerry west wants to win

Jerry wants money: he's 'winning '

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Garrett till struggles on Sundays. Monday through Saturday, he's a pretty good coach.

yimyammer

Reaction score

I will and if you can find a trustworthy escrow we both can agree to, I'll bet $500 he won't be fired and be the head coach opening the 2018 training camp (death, sickness voids the bet)

Gameover

Reaction score
I will and if you can find a trustworthy escrow we both can agree to, I'll bet $500 he won't be fired and be the head coach opening the 2018 training camp (death, sickness voids the bet)

Bet

waving monkey

Reaction score
For an Organization you either need a really great coach or a really terrible one.
Let me explain :
A really bad coach is obvious and usually gets canned in 1 to 3 seasons.
Examples: Steve Spurrier, Rich Kotite, Ray Handley.
They don't set the team back too much because of their short tenure.
The great coaches, because they are so good can stay as long as they wish : Parcells, Belichet, ect...
These coaches keep you in the mix , by making the playoffs most seasons.
This brings us to the worst kind of Coach :
One that is average.
They do just enough to keep hanging around, making you think just maybe they are a good or great coach.
In the end they are not and they waste years of a Team's potential.
This is my concern with Coach Garrett.
He has really good seasons followed up by terrible ones, or 8 and 8 seasons.
We ended up wasting Romo's prime years.
I wonder how many more seasons will be wasted ?
He's getting better

waving monkey

Reaction score
If anybody takes that bet you a winner

Zman5

Reaction score
JG got his butt handed to him by a rookie HC(Broncos), a 2nd year HC(EaGirls) and got beat at home by another rookie HC (Rams) this year.

And they did it with an experienced QBs. If that's not embarrassing enough, what is?

yimyammer

Reaction score

I'm not gonna be free-rolled so the only way the bet is good is if we can find someplace we both trust and agree to and both of us put the money up in advance.

Anyone know of a trustworthy escrow service?

Gameover

Reaction score
I'm not gonna be free-rolled so the only way the bet is good is if we can find someplace we both trust and agree to and both of us put the money up in advance.

Anyone know of a trustworthy escrow service?
How about this: if he doesn't get fired, we'll have a mod ban me for life! Good enough? That should make everyone happy!