My favorite Cowboy Ever (yours at times)

movaughn88

Reaction score
He's dead. A lot of people have torn up on Dez, now and in the past - and I understand it. He's an unsigned normal civilian, and at this point I realize he doesn't necessarily deserve to be in the league.

Maybe someone has done this, but in the spirit of the good Parcells moments that are floating around I'd like to propose a thread to the best moments of Dez Bryant.

For me, when he was drafted I was at a stupid business conference but closely monitoring the draft, and when I got a text from my best friend that we had moved up, the two of us spent about 5 minutes listening and then lost our minds - do you remember how fated it seemed?

Fast forward to today, and it seems a bit distant. It must seem to him as well. I'm pretty fired up at this point about the team without him and Wit, but clearly I'm a homer.

Anyway watch this dang video and you'll get it all back, post good stories you guys have of Dez

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Dez, always have and always will. I don't wish any harm or ill-will his way at all. Sure, he has his demons but will always be a Dallas Cowboy!

My best memories of him are in Oxnard, he loved firing and playing up to the crowd. He was the last authentic jersey that I have bought since Emmitt. I wish he were still here yet glad he is gone at the same time......if that makes sense.

Emotions can override passion at times and he fell victim to that. I wish nothing but the best for his future endeavors :thumbup:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez was a real weapon from about 2011-2014. He was a TD machine and a threat almost anywhere on the field. Then he got hurt, got older, and didn’t improve his route running. I’m sorry the way things ended with Dez, but if I’m being objective, he was really good for only about 4-5 years.

Will he qualify for the ROH? Maybe...maybe not. IMO, Dez will join the list of former Cowboys who were really good, have a club record or two (like Danny White) who had a good run but in the end, didn’t play a big role in a championship or an era of greatness like almost all the ROH members.

I wish Dez the best. He’s a good guy despite what some say. But an all time great he is not.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Dez was a real weapon from about 2011-2014. He was a TD machine and a threat almost anywhere on the field. Then he got hurt, got older, and didn’t improve his route running. I’m sorry the way things ended with Dez, but if I’m being objective, he was really good for only about 4-5 years.

Will he qualify for the ROH? Maybe...maybe not. IMO, Dez will join the list of former Cowboys who were really good, have a club record or two (like Danny White) who had a good run but in the end, didn’t play a big role in a championship or an era of greatness like almost all the ROH members.

I wish Dez the best. He’s a good guy despite what some say. But an all time great he is not.
I don't think he played at an elite level long enough to get in the ROH but he was one of our best players for about 4 years. What ever happens, I wish him well. Just wish he'd stay off twitter.