My final four in college playoffs

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Ohio State

Join a conference Notre Dame.

But the Irish will get in and the Buckeyes will be left out who I think would beat them based on common game with Michigan.

Big 10 Champ will be left out. If not Big 12 Champ will be left out. The playoffs become about school recognition or Central Florida would be 4th team.

And if you really want the 4 best teams Georgia has an argument. As usual it’s a mess beyond Alabama and why 8 teams is only solution.

Then Power 5 conferences get in with 3 wild cards . The committee would still be needed to determine the 3 Wild Cards.

Playoffs would be unanimously:

Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Washington
Notre Dame
Georgia
Central Florida

TWOK11

Reaction score
The four best teams, when playing to their capability, are almost unquestionably Bama, Clemson, Georgia and OSU. They have the most talent and have shown the highest ceilings.

OU’s defense is less than worthless, but politics is gonna force us to watch watch Bama blow them out by 30.

Notre Dame has a very strong argument but they just don’t pass the eyeball test for me like the others do (and I think most people feel this way).

It’s a shame Georgia got punished for almost beating maybe the best college team ever. They would be favorites on a neutral field over everyone but Bama and maybe Clemson.

uvaballa

Reaction score
UGA probably gets in if that's their only loss but it wasn't. I don't think the committee wanted to see that game again even though it was a great game. Bama should have it easy against OU since they and the B12 don't play D.

Notre Dame is basically in the ACC(all sports except football) but not having to play a championship game makes it easier for them. If I could get a way with that I would do the same thing. So Clemson vs Notre Dame will be the real ACC championship.

StylisticS

Reaction score
OSU lost to .a 6-6 team by 29 points. That's a big reason on why they did not get in. OU has the better loss. Also, ND definitely deserves to be in. Georgia has two losses and one of those were by 20 points. They aren't being punished for losing to Bama. They are being punished because they have two losses.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Georgia LOST their conference title game...their 2nd L...that should matter other wise why bother.
can't gripe about Notre Dame not playing in a conference if you put in a 2 L Georgia team.
Regular season matters....play-offs started in October.

kskboys

Reaction score
Georgia LOST their conference title game...their 2nd L...that should matter other wise why bother.
can't gripe about Notre Dame not playing in a conference if you put in a 2 L Georgia team.
Regular season matters....play-offs started in October.
It didn't matter for ALA last year!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
What really drives me nuts is the way they change the parameters every year to fit their agenda. Last year the argument was that Bama was a top 4 team.

Well, this year Georgia and Oh St are top 4 teams, why aren't the same rules being used as last year?

cowboyec

Reaction score
That's not the argument they cited. They claimed ALA should be in because they were one of the best 4 teams.
they were.
Georgia has 2 losses.
not everybody gets in.
they were eliminated.

uvaballa

Reaction score

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The four best teams, when playing to their capability, are almost unquestionably Bama, Clemson, Georgia and OSU. They have the most talent and have shown the highest ceilings.

OU’s defense is less than worthless, but politics is gonna force us to watch watch Bama blow them out by 30.

Notre Dame has a very strong argument but they just don’t pass the eyeball test for me like the others do (and I think most people feel this way).

It’s a shame Georgia got punished for almost beating maybe the best college team ever. They would be favorites on a neutral field over everyone but Bama and maybe Clemson.
Georgia in their two biggest games of the year came up short .

Winning the conference with only 1 loss should mean something. They had their shot. Let someone else.

And who really wants to see Alabama and Georgia play again? Just Dawg fans.

The 4 team playoff is obviously flawed. Someone is always going to be left out. If you want to guarantee yourself a spot do like Alabama and Clemson did. Win them all and your major conference.

kskboys

Reaction score
You guys can find more excuses. Who teaches y'all this illogical way of thinking?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's not the argument they cited. They claimed ALA should be in because they were one of the best 4 teams.
IMO if Alabama lost to Georgia they shouldn’t have got in.

And why I hated the SEC championship game this year because it didn’t in theory give Alabama anything but conference championship to play for.

They say it’s about having the 4 best teams in there but that’s not totally accurate. That’s just the perception they want to portray.

It’s a flawed system but better than no playoff. Basically if you’re in a major conference win them all and you’re in. If not then you risk being left out.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What really drives me nuts is the way they change the parameters every year to fit their agenda. Last year the argument was that Bama was a top 4 team.

Well, this year Georgia and Oh St are top 4 teams, why aren't the same rules being used as last year?
So far no team with 2 losses has made it into playoffs.

They don’t necessarily want the best overall best 4 teams. They want the 4 most traditional big name schools with the best record and rankings.

And why you’re right about the agendas .

After Saturday’s games the only real decision left was OU or Oh St.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The only way to push the current format is for all 5 major conference to finish with an undefeated record.

I don’t think anyone would want an undefeated power conference team to be left out.

No ones arguing Alabama or Clemson should be left out . And not many with Notre Dame.

The lesson is ; win them all and you’re in. Look at the conference championship or biggest rival game as your first playoff game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With a 4 team playoff I really don’t like the idea of 2 teams from the same conference getting in assuming they’ve already played each other and had their shot to win.

CowboysRock1980

Reaction score

Everyone thought Sooners would get blown out by Georgia last year and that did not happen and Sooners own Alabama with a record of 3-1-1 and Alabama has not won against Sooners since 1963 and Sooners usually plays well in the Orange Bowl so I think it will be a close game

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Everyone thought Sooners would get blown out by Georgia last year and that did not happen and Sooners own Alabama with a record of 3-1-1 and Alabama has not won against Sooners since 1963 and Sooners usually plays well in the Orange Bowl so I think it will be a close game
Right . Twok forgot to mention LSU also best Georgia rather handidly if I recall correctly.

This is a solid Alabama team which wasn’t really challenged until Georgia. The best team ever is Hyperbole rhetoric. SEC west was fairly weak this year except for LSU which was their toughest game in conference. And Bama two SEC west teams were Tenn and Kent.

Georgia had their shot. Let some of these other big schools have a shot. Shoot, nobody thought anyone could score on Michigan until the #2 offense in Ohio State showed up.

Oklahoma #1 offense has talent and speed than can test the Tide. Their defense will struggle. It could be a 60-50 game. Who knows maybe Bama will have a couple turnovers like they did with Georgia and make it interesting.

I’m looking forward to seeing Alabama challenged by a couple other powers than seeing if Georgia can beat them with a second shot,