My Mom picked me to cook a Thanksgiving meal

mathew1184

Reaction score
Her, my dad, my uncle, my sister and her boyfried will start showing up to my tiny studio apartment at 9 am. Why? I dont know. After 34 years of life have i ever cooked a whole Turkey? No.

I have read SO many recipes i feel like my head is going to explode, ive had food network shows on every tiny millisecond The Cowboys have not been on. I Know Im a good cook, but boy it will sure be fun to have to do my cooking in the living room/bedroom/dining room, and office, Hahah haha ha.

OK i feel better.

Happy Thanksgiving and go Cowboys!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Her, my dad, my uncle, my sister and her boyfried will start showing up to my tiny studio apartment at 9 am. Why? I dont know. After 34 years of life have i ever cooked a whole Turkey? No.

I have read SO many recipes i feel like my head is going to explode, ive had food network shows on every tiny millisecond The Cowboys have not been on. I Know Im a good cook, but boy it will sure be fun to have to do my cooking in the living room/bedroom/dining room, and office, Hahah haha ha.

OK i feel better.

I suggest you just set your apartment on fire and go to the movies.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I like the Alton Brown turkey recipe. Although I use a pan and put some water in it and use the juices after in the dressing and gravy. But his recipe shaves off about an hour of cooking time. Cook at 500 for 30 minutes and then drop the temp down to 350. Brining is great if you can do it the night before. Use a temp probe if you got it.

mathew1184

Reaction score
I like the Alton Brown turkey recipe. Although I use a pan and put some water in it and use the juices after in the dressing and gravy. But his recipe shaves off about an hour of cooking time. Cook at 500 for 30 minutes and then drop the temp down to 350. Brining is great if you can do it the night before. Use a temp probe if you got it.
Thanks:) and I started brining my bird this morning, and got the probe today :) I take pride in my cooking and i really want to impress, so im trying to cover my bases. Im having a little trouble dozing off, Im gonna check out that full recipe right now. Thanks for the tips!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thanks:) and I started brining my bird this morning, and got the probe today :) I take pride in my cooking and i really want to impress, so im trying to cover my bases. Im having a little trouble dozing off, Im gonna check out that full recipe right now. Thanks for the tips!
Good luck!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

OK i feel better.

Mathew, fret not, it is elementary. A turkey is nothing more than a big chicken or a small pterodactyl, just adapt the recipe. Cut everything in the roasted pterodactyl recipe down to 10%. Can't help with the chicken recipe, aren't enough of those around.

mathew1184

Reaction score
You all are great, thank you so much for the advice and wishing me luck, I got up early got right to work, now time to enjoy football games and wait for the place to start smelling good. :dance:

2 Commanders fans in here today, so I will be online today, discussing the best football team ever created with you guys:flagwave:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

lukin2006

Reaction score
You all are great, thank you so much for the advice and wishing me luck, I got up early got right to work, now time to enjoy football games and wait for the place to start smelling good. :dance:

2 Commanders fans in here today, so I will be online today, discussing the best football team ever created with you guys:flagwave:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Good Luck. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

OK i feel better.

51DtNOu3QeL._SX355_.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
They eat last!

mathew1184

Reaction score
Well everyone loved the food, the Cowboys won, and the last of the guests has gone..it was a good thanksgiving. Thankyou all that gave me such great advice, and also the people that made me laugh.

Now, Ladies and Gentlemen, im going to go pass out for a day or two