My Plan for not to be a disappointment (again) in 2022

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GuitarBytes, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Adreme

Adreme Well-Known Member

2,400 Messages
    1,700 Likes Received
    I just want to know who is trading a first for Amari Cooper when, in this plan, everyone both knows he is getting cut and has to be cut before the league year starts to get under the cap. At that point you are looking at a mid-to-late round pick at best.

Fastpitch Dad likes this.
  2. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Well-Known Member

2,303 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    75boyz likes this.
  3. Shane612

Shane612 Well-Known Member

3,099 Messages
    1,986 Likes Received
    Just remember....It doesn't matter who what or where....
    It's Jerry Jones and his cowboys.
    When bad things happen on the field next year, and there will be many, just laugh it off, take a sip of your beverage and take a bite of your pizza.
    When a coach makes a questionable decision, and there will be many, just laugh it off, take a sip of your beverage and take a bite of your pizza.
    When a referee makes a questionable call, and there will be many, just laugh it off, take a sip of your beverage and take a bite of your pizza.
    And that how you can protect yourself from "disappointment".

TheHerd and Clove like this.
  4. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

58,797 Messages
    22,971 Likes Received
    You know who would trade a 1st rounder for Amari? Jerry Jones, because he did. And if he did it, there's got to be another stupid team out there willing to do the same.

5. Adreme

Adreme Well-Known Member

2,400 Messages
    1,700 Likes Received
    The fact that Jerry Jones overpaid back then sort of shows the problem. Cooper, as a young player on a rookie deal, had higher value then and it was still considered to be overpaying. No one is going to pay a 1st for a 27-year old off a down year with a big money contract attached already. Teams would either wait for the cut and sign him for much cheaper (and save the pick) or just sign 2 starting WRs for the same price and get the same production you would have otherwise.

TheHerd and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  6. black label

black label Well-Known Member

5,114 Messages
    7,500 Likes Received
  7. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    4,476 Messages
    4,416 Likes Received
    Great stuff man. Appreciate the link. Hard to argue against this philosophy with so many successful coaches having been raised on it.

This system stands the test of time while the modern NFL game evolves. Each guy has progressively added his own subtle wrinkles while maintaining the base philosophy.

Really enjoyed the read.

8. Streifenkarl

Streifenkarl Well-Known Member

799 Messages
    861 Likes Received
    This.

All these threads about how we find success next season tryin to be constructive 'n all... ridiculous. We just lost once again in a manner we have seen over 25 years now. It'll stay the same for another 25 years. We're stuck with a fraud at center for a couple of years, so just relax guys. I'll cheer for him come September, but like you cheer for your benchwarming nephew in a peewee game.

Just enjoy some real football that's still being played and next season it's just the here and now from game to game. No play off calculations in week 10, no comparisons to true contenders after a win against an NFCE high school team. Just enjoy each win, forget about the future and if just see the wild card game as another regular season match. The playoffs won't start after that first play off win.

Simple and so relaxing. That's my plan after all. :cool:

The ONE fine thing about next season is though, that we're gonna play more good teams. Let's see how many Dak can win. Yes, Dak.

Starforever and TheHerd like this.
  9. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

24,957 Messages
    25,126 Likes Received
    We really miss him. He called the line ups and pointed things out and changed the way the line picked up rushers. We have Williams and Tyron blocking a DE that Tyron can handle. Center can either take nose and so forth and Williams should be taking the lb in the gap or step up and block and give Elliot a hole. The whole blocking scheme on every play has someone in Daks lap. We had a few drafted players injured that O-Line coach never gave a shot to. One played when we had a team beaten and he had a good pancake block. We have Ball that was injured this year. He was supposed to be good. Draft some more. But a different line coach is needed..

TheHerd and Blackrain like this.
  10. Blackrain

Blackrain Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    5,033 Likes Received
    Great post totally agree The whole scheme has somebody in Dak lap .
    That kind of covers it hard to get anything done that way.
    If we can get that line fixed it will cover a multitude of sins as far as the problems with our offense.
    I don't know how to put it other than it just seems like our center and a couple of the other linemen are just severely underpowered.
    We need big powerful men small linemen getting pushed around is no way to try and win a championship

11. Fastpitch Dad

Fastpitch Dad Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    1,061 Messages
    1,415 Likes Received
    Agree with you 100%. I think you're looking at a 4th at best. If teams know you're looking to get rid of him, with that contract, seems disgruntled, disappears at times, looks disinterested at times, etc. You will be lucky to get anything.

12. Montanalo

Montanalo Well-Known Member

3,310 Messages
    8,854 Likes Received
    My (cynical, but realistic) plan for 2022:

Be aggressively active in the Game Day Menu thread. Sure, I typically post in @Ranching thread, but I haven't really explored some of the great menu ideas shared each week. Maybe, I will start a CowboysZone cookbook.

Plan a January vacation to some bucket list destination. I have generally avoided major travel in January and February because of weather and, let's face it, expectations that the Cowboys will make a deep playoff run. Often, some of the best travel deals can be had in winter, so why not target a vacation getaway during that time!

Post a lot more in the Draft threads. The draft is a genuine highlight of the NFL season and I love the excitement surrounding the influx of talent. Hope springs eternal.

Register for a brew master course at the local community college. Seriously. Although I am not a big beer drinker, I like the science and art of brewing. I am fully and happily retired, but I imagine I could parlay my brewmaster credentials into a nice part-time job.

Oh, was this thread about plans for the team??

:lmao2:

Ranching likes this.
  13. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    36,453 Messages
    92,832 Likes Received
    CZ cookbook would be great! Gonna be a long off season....may as well enjoy some good food. Salud!

TheHerd and TheMightyVanHalen like this.
  14. Shane612

Shane612 Well-Known Member

3,099 Messages
    1,986 Likes Received
    Amari came relatively cheap. Jones gave up two firsts for Joey Galloway, and gave up a first, third and sixth for Row Williams.

15. TheHerd

TheHerd Well-Known Member

9,530 Messages
    10,349 Likes Received
    NFC East and one and done. That's the ceiling to me. But I'll be disappointed. Like Eatman says, you don't pick your fandom, it picks you.

16. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

16,663 Messages
    24,303 Likes Received
    I am just going to enjoy the games, win or lose.

17. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

4,680 Messages
    4,544 Likes Received
    Could you start with roast Dak, sides of MM analytic beef, slow Zeke salad, CD drop potatoes and tank dressing, for desert flaming Jerry jubilee.

Ranching likes this.
  18. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    36,453 Messages
    92,832 Likes Received
    A little gravy and that sounds delicious....