My Random Thoughts.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I think it was a great game. Great performance by the D. Offense struggled but really started to come in sync the more the game went a long. Props to MB3 Romo Tnewman Ratliff Ware. I think the execution was the the O Line looked amazing and we won the battle in the trenches on offense and defense.

Defense I can't wait till Pacman comes back. Him alongside newman with Scandrick as the nickel back will be nice. Ratliff a beast Ware a monster. We still need some pressure from either Spencer or Ellis. James is terrible in coverage. Hamlin sucks Watkins is soft.

Offense We can only get better. Romo did good MB3 was a beast. Only thing that stood out in my mind was that MB3 was our leading receiver last night IDK if it was cause Romo kept checking down because he didn't want to force put to much stress on the pinkie but I'd like to see RW and TO over 100 yards the next game with witten around 70. Nice catch by Bennett. Garrett leaves me preplexed with the formation I don't see why TO Witten and RW would all be on the same side of the field. I didn't like that full house formation either o well.

ST Folk is an amazing kicker I would love to see some more touch backs though...it seems it never gets to the endzone. Coverage is still suspect. Whoever this punter guy is he sucks. I can't wait till Felix comes back to return kicks Austin sucks back there. Crayton has to be the worst punt returner ever can't wait to see Pacman back there.

I would love to see the defense play this way for the rest of the season. I'm expecting huge games the next two weeks. We're going up against the 9er's and hawks. Hopefully the offense will be back on track and Romo trust his pinkie a little more and makes the plays we're used to seeing.

12-4 here we come!!!!!!!!

FCBarca

Reaction score
I'm not as high on Folk with his kickoffs...Starting field position apart from the fumble from Cartwright was always an advantage for the Skins...Just more added pressure for your D and let's face it, that's never a good thing.

Is there a timeline for McBriar?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FCBarca;2425661 said:
I'm not as high on Folk with his kickoffs...Starting field position apart from the fumble from Cartwright was always an advantage for the Skins...Just more added pressure for your D and let's face it, that's never a good thing.

Is there a timeline for McBriar?

He's out for the season =/ hopefully he can come back next season. Field position is such a huge factor it's not even funny.

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2425566 said:
Defense I can't wait till Pacman comes back. Him alongside newman with Scandrick as the nickel back will be nice. Ratliff a beast Ware a monster. We still need some pressure from either Spencer or Ellis. James is terrible in coverage. Hamlin sucks Watkins is soft.

I can't wait till Felix comes back to return kicks Austin sucks back there. Crayton has to be the worst punt returner ever can't wait to see Pacman back there.

James will be a liability as long as he is on the team. He is an overachiever but is not very atheltic for the position. If he is in coverage, someone is open.

Austin is horrible as a returner. I get nervous when I see him back there and hope a fumble does not happen. I've seen kids on the pee wee flag football team that I coach with more moves than Crayton. You can tell , he is a QB playing WR. Nothing natural about it when he has the ball.

FCBarca

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2425666 said:
He's out for the season =/ hopefully he can come back next season. Field position is such a huge factor it's not even funny.

Really?...The entire season?...Damn

Field position IS a huge factor and special teams has already been an achilles heel whereas it was a position of strength at one point.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2425681 said:
James will be a liability as long as he is on the team. He is an overachiever but is not very atheltic for the position. If he is in coverage, someone is open.

Austin is horrible as a returner. I get nervous when I see him back there and hope a fumble does not happen. I've seen kids on the pee wee flag football team that I coach with more moves than Crayton. You can tell , he is a QB playing WR. Nothing natural about it when he has the ball.

Yeah man it's horrid looking at them attempt to returk kicks and punts.

FCBarca;2425709 said:
Really?...The entire season?...Damn

Field position IS a huge factor and special teams has already been an achilles heel whereas it was a position of strength at one point.

Yea that was a huge loss.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I don't get the facination with Pacman returning punts. He ran backward just as much as he ran forward, leading to more penalties and negative returns.

Pacman returned 16 punts for 80 yards or 5 yards a return. His long was 18 yards.
Crayton returned 4 for 52 yards or 13 yards a return. His long was 33 yards.

Crayton would be better if he carried the ball closer to his body and not call for so many fair catches. I could care less if he was a threat to return it every play, I just want good field position for our offense to work with.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2425731 said:
I don't get the facination with Pacman returning punts. He ran backward just as much as he ran forward, leading to more penalties and negative returns.

Pacman returned 16 punts for 80 yards or 5 yards a return. His long was 18 yards.
Crayton returned 4 for 52 yards or 13 yards a return. His long was 33 yards.

Crayton would be better if he carried the ball closer to his body and not call for so many fair catches. I could care less if he was a threat to return it every play, I just want good field position for our offense to work with.

It doesn't matter if pacman runs right of left if they are trying to block someone in the back it will still happen.....Crayton is a terrible punt returner....all he does is fair catch.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I think it was a great game. Great performance by the D. Offense struggled but really started to come in sync the more the game went a long. Props to MB3 Romo Tnewman Ratliff Ware. I think the execution was the the O Line looked amazing and we won the battle in the trenches on offense and defense.

Offense We can only get better. Romo did good MB3 was a beast. Only thing that stood out in my mind was that MB3 was our leading receiver last night IDK if it was cause Romo kept checking down because he didn't want to force put to much stress on the pinkie but I'd like to see RW and TO over 100 yards the next game with witten around 70. Nice catch by Bennett. Garrett leaves me preplexed with the formation I don't see why TO Witten and RW would all be on the same side of the field. I didn't like that full house formation either o well.

ST Folk is an amazing kicker I would love to see some more touch backs though...it seems it never gets to the endzone. Coverage is still suspect. Whoever this punter guy is he sucks. I can't wait till Felix comes back to return kicks Austin sucks back there. Crayton has to be the worst punt returner ever can't wait to see Pacman back there.

I would love to see the defense play this way for the rest of the season. I'm expecting huge games the next two weeks. We're going up against the 9er's and hawks. Hopefully the offense will be back on track and Romo trust his pinkie a little more and makes the plays we're used to seeing.

Brad Johnson was the holder last night... so we suiting up 3 QBs?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
EPL0c0;2425970 said:
Brad Johnson was the holder last night... so we suiting up 3 QBs?

If that's the case then I think Brad is the #2 and Bollinger was deactivated.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't wait till Felix comes back to return kicks Austin sucks back there.
Mr. Jones turned out to be a half-decent first-round draft pick, didn't he? ;)

I agree with you. Austin requires huge holes to have a good or great return. He has the speed, but his field vision while returning kicks is limited. Felix Jones never (as in "never") had that problem. Hopefully, he will be healthy enough to finish this season strong.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2426001 said:
Mr. Jones turned out to be a half-decent first-round draft pick, didn't he? ;)

I agree with you. Austin requires huge holes to have a good or great return. He has the speed, but his field vision while returning kicks is limited. Felix Jones never (as in "never") had that problem. Hopefully, he will be healthy enough to finish this season strong.

Yeah he did and Mendenhall rookie season was crap o well. Austin hasn't been getting it done back there.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2425785 said:
It doesn't matter if pacman runs right of left if they are trying to block someone in the back it will still happen

If all Pacman did was run left to right, I wouldn't have a problem. It's him running back 10 yards to try turning the corner that I have a problem with. The more time people are changing directions within the same 10 yards, the more chances for an accidental block in the back or hold.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2426015 said:
If all Pacman did was run left to right, I wouldn't have a problem. It's him running back 10 yards to try turning the corner that I have a problem with. The more time people are changing directions within the same 10 yards, the more chances for an accidental block in the back or hold.

The problem is people on the team tries to block when Pacman turns direction. Thus the block in the back. Just because Pacman starts running to your side doesn't mean you can just block someone in back. I like the him actually trying to make plays Crayton would just fair catch it.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2426020 said:
The problem is people on the team tries to block when Pacman turns direction. Thus the block in the back. Just because Pacman starts running to your side doesn't mean you can just block someone in back. I like the him actually trying to make plays Crayton would just fair catch it.

With that many bodies crammed in a 10 yard window because of Pacman's dancing, an accident has a higher chance of happening. Blockers are running at full speed with their backs usually to the returner. When the returner reverses field, a defender that was facing the blocker may turn his back quickly or when he is being trailed by a blocker stop in his tracks, both possibly leading to collision and a flag. We're talking about close to 20 guys in a small area running and stopping on a dime. Accident happen the more you prolong a play.

I agree on Crayton calling fair catch. Seems a couple should have been returned, however when he has returned them he has outperformed Pacman.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2426087 said:
With that many bodies crammed in a 10 yard window because of Pacman's dancing, an accident has a higher chance of happening. Blockers are running at full speed with their backs usually to the returner. When the returner reverses field, a defender that was facing the blocker may turn his back quickly or when he is being trailed by a blocker stop in his tracks, both possibly leading to collision and a flag. We're talking about close to 20 guys in a small area running and stopping on a dime. Accident happen the more you prolong a play.

I agree on Crayton calling fair catch. Seems a couple should have been returned, however when he has returned them he has outperformed Pacman.

It's called not being an idiot you can't block someone in the back so a change of direction doesn't change that fact.

zeromaster

Reaction score
That loaf of bread thing Crayton does on returns scares the crap out of me. Austin should probably just start running full speed in whatever direction makes sense; I don't see much in the way of moves or cuts from him on kickoff returns. Use what you got, even if it isn't much.

jmo