My son just got mail from Jerry Jones

EndGame

Reaction score
My 15-year-old is about to become an Eagle Scout, and one of the things boys do in that situation nowadays is write to politicians and people they admire, asking for congratulatory letters to display at their Court of Honor. My son wrote to all of our local representatives, several former presidents, the head coach of our favorite college basketball team, and Jerry Jones. He received a package from Jerry yesterday! It included the following:

-A congratulatory letter that was actually slightly customized
-An autographed (we think he actually did sign it by hand) picture
-Two copies of Star Magazine
-A Cowboys sticker
-A small autographed (don't think he actually signed this one) Cowboys pennant
-A pocket schedule
-A larger copy of the team schedule

My son was nearly floating on the ceiling after getting all of this. It was so cool of the organization to go above and beyond.

NOW ... here's the funny part: On the larger copy of the schedule, the word "Preseason" was spelled "Preason". I have no idea how this happens, but it was pretty damned amusing to me, as someone who writes for a living. The schedule was printed on high-quality cardstock, so it wasn't just some random thing that a secretary typed out.

cowboyec

Reaction score
thats awesome.
i did that too when i was a kid...got a lot of cool stuff from Coach Landry,Tex Schramm,Danny White,Herschel,Randy White...Everson Walls I got to meet in person and when i told him my name he said...your the kid that writes me all the time.
lotta good people in football.
thanks for posting your sons experience...brought back cool memories for me.
awesome stuff.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
My 15-year-old is about to become an Eagle Scout, and one of the things boys do in that situation nowadays is write to politicians and people they admire, asking for congratulatory letters to display at their Court of Honor. My son wrote to all of our local representatives, several former presidents, the head coach of our favorite college basketball team, and Jerry Jones. He received a package from Jerry yesterday! It included the following:

-A congratulatory letter that was actually slightly customized
-An autographed (we think he actually did sign it by hand) picture
-Two copies of Star Magazine
-A Cowboys sticker
-A small autographed (don't think he actually signed this one) Cowboys pennant
-A pocket schedule
-A larger copy of the team schedule

My son was nearly floating on the ceiling after getting all of this. It was so cool of the organization to go above and beyond.

NOW ... here's the funny part: On the larger copy of the schedule, the word "Preseason" was spelled "Preason". I have no idea how this happens, but it was pretty damned amusing to me, as someone who writes for a living. The schedule was printed on high-quality cardstock, so it wasn't just some random thing that a secretary typed out.

Congratulations to your son, and that's really awesome of Jerry! :clap::clap::star:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yea, pretty cool when someone takes time to respond. When I was like 6 or 7, my mom wrote to Tom Wopat(Dukes of Hazzard) for me......my idol back then. He sent back a signed photo and a short little thank you letter.

timb2

Reaction score
As a kid I wrote Malcolm Forbes of Forbes Magazine because he had all these cool toy soldiers as a collection and I collected toy soldiers. .He wrote me back and giving a picture of his family including his young son Steve Forbes who ran for President back in the 90s. Forbes was a billionaire and it was nice of him. I think he actually liked that someone liked his toys and not kissing his rear about his money. He had British and Zulu Warriors as toy soldiers and: "Zulu" was one of my favorite movies and he said "Zulu" was a favorite of his also.

Pics like this were some of his collection
Royal_Personality_Figures.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

qbweutoqkjmwqi.jpg

forbes_swe_ldiers-63aa6a92f4acb0f9c2aa93c56f5f94ad6d4cc4af-s800.jpg

1257-Britains%20Highlanders%20Nov%2018th%20012.JPG

Last edited:

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
thats awesome.
i did that too when i was a kid...got a lot of cool stuff from Coach Landry,Tex Schramm,Danny White,Herschel,Randy White...Everson Walls I got to meet in person and when i told him my name he said...your the kid that writes me all the time.
lotta good people in football.
thanks for posting your sons experience...brought back cool memories for me.
awesome stuff.
That's so cool! How would you write them? Would you send the letters to Valley Ranch in hopes that they'd reach the intended person or did you somehow discover their mailing addresses?

cowboyec

Reaction score
That's so cool! How would you write them? Would you send the letters to Valley Ranch in hopes that they'd reach the intended person or did you somehow discover their mailing addresses?
wrote them at Valley Ranch...Coach Landry,Herschel,Everson,Danny White and Tex Schramm by far were the best at responding.