CFZ My Thoughts 10.23

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Dak played as good as you can expect. Didn't play preseason and hard.y played before getting hurt week one. And still he played better and showed more accuracy than Rush did at any point this season. He had some dimes that just shows the talent separation between a starter and a backup. He's going to only get better and the talent separation is only going to be seen more. So end the whole Rush thing. We saw the rpo plays just work better with a qb who can keep the dB and LB thinking of a qb run allowing Schultz to get that first down in the flat and down the seam. Yes he did some fundamentally flawed attempted throws but what qb doesn't. It just happens, but it's dak so it gets over blown in this forum.

What in the HELL is Moore trying to do? He is the worst play caller in short yardage situations in the history of the game. Dallas had just got done running it down the lions throats for a touchdown and the next drive on 3rd and 1 he runs a shotgun formation. I hate this guy. I wish the stadium would start a fire Moore chant. I seriously do. He is what's wrong with this team. Dallas could've had 250 yards rushing if this idiot would've just ran the ball until the lions showed they could stop it then he would e had the passing ga,e he wants.

Today we saw why Pollard should never be a starter. He can't run inside unless the defense is blown off the ball. He can't get the tough short yards. And this is overlooked but he cost dak a rushing td. Dak rolled outside and had only Pollard guy in front of him, if Elliot was there he would've taken his guy down into the end zone freeing up the space for dak to walk in, Pollard just sits there keeping his guy in front of dak and he goes out of bounds. It's the little things but so important. He's a great change of pace but never should start.

Noah brown killed 2 drives. One the first one that could've given dak some confidence early on the first drive. The ball was a little high but no reason he could catch that easy. 2nd the fumble which would've been a td run for the team on his fumble. He had an up and down game cause he did make some very nice catches too.

Steele I think might need a benching. It just seems like every time there's a penalty it's him. Give Peter's a start and let Steele think bout it.

What did I say earlier this week about the Def. They give up empty yards, and that insane passrush gets beat with a screen from time to time. The lber pursuit rather than the dl is what's giving up these runs. Vander esch just can't consistently find the runner. I'd like to see Clark get snaps next week.

Shame to see Lewis go down, taken out by Vander. Was Vander who came in low and hit Lewis in the knee.

The passrush again killed the offense. What can you say but wow when these guys just come in waves. 2 groups of dl who get pressure on every play. Sam Williams killed it today.

Today was a tough good win. Detroit has a bad record but they're not a bad team.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Dak played as good as you can expect. Didn't play preseason and hard.y played before getting hurt week one. And still he played better and showed more accuracy than Rush did at any point this season. He had some dimes that just shows the talent separation between a starter and a backup. He's going to only get better and the talent separation is only going to be seen more. So end the whole Rush thing. We saw the rpo plays just work better with a qb who can keep the dB and LB thinking of a qb run allowing Schultz to get that first down in the flat and down the seam. Yes he did some fundamentally flawed attempted throws but what qb doesn't. It just happens, but it's dak so it gets over blown in this forum.

What in the HELL is Moore trying to do? He is the worst play caller in short yardage situations in the history of the game. Dallas had just got done running it down the lions throats for a touchdown and the next drive on 3rd and 1 he runs a shotgun formation. I hate this guy. I wish the stadium would start a fire Moore chant. I seriously do. He is what's wrong with this team. Dallas could've had 250 yards rushing if this idiot would've just ran the ball until the lions showed they could stop it then he would e had the passing ga,e he wants.

Today we saw why Pollard should never be a starter. He can't run inside unless the defense is blown off the ball. He can't get the tough short yards. And this is overlooked but he cost dak a rushing td. Dak rolled outside and had only Pollard guy in front of him, if Elliot was there he would've taken his guy down into the end zone freeing up the space for dak to walk in, Pollard just sits there keeping his guy in front of dak and he goes out of bounds. It's the little things but so important. He's a great change of pace but never should start.

Noah brown killed 2 drives. One the first one that could've given dak some confidence early on the first drive. The ball was a little high but no reason he could catch that easy. 2nd the fumble which would've been a td run for the team on his fumble. He had an up and down game cause he did make some very nice catches too.

Steele I think might need a benching. It just seems like every time there's a penalty it's him. Give Peter's a start and let Steele think bout it.

What did I say earlier this week about the Def. They give up empty yards, and that insane passrush gets beat with a screen from time to time. The lber pursuit rather than the dl is what's giving up these runs. Vander esch just can't consistently find the runner. I'd like to see Clark get snaps next week.

Shame to see Lewis go down, taken out by Vander. Was Vander who came in low and hit Lewis in the knee.

The passrush again killed the offense. What can you say but wow when these guys just come in waves. 2 groups of dl who get pressure on every play. Sam Williams killed it today.

Today was a tough good win. Detroit has a bad record but they're not a bad team.

Lot to digest here, but agree on Dak. We all hoped he would light it up, but it was an OK game. He had some really nice throws, few poor throws into triple coverage but they were the shots deep some fans were complaining Dak hasn't been taking.

Moore remains a puzzling playcaller. Loved the rollout on the 1st drive, then hated a lot of the short yardage calls. Maybe Dak changed some we don't know but regardless Moore continues to try to get too cute around easy plays. With you there.

For Steele he's been playing well, couple penalities but not a problem on the offensive line. On LVE, I thought he was active again today and don't think he's playing as poorly as some here think. The secondary on the other hand was shaky on tackling, namely Brown.

Big D

Reaction score
I think we need to re-think our passing attack. The TE group is currently better than the WR group and the play calling should reflect that. That's not to say we don't have talented wr's it's that we definitely don't have Julio and Megatron. Good DB's are smothering us. Adjust the playbook and accommodate the TE's and RB's.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
For Steele he's been playing well, couple penalities but not a problem on the offensive line.

He did get beaten on a spin move by Hutchinson for a sack. I think he also gave up another pressure as well. It was probably his worst game since the Tampa game, and it still wasn't really that bad so I think it's definitely overblown to consider him a problem.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

I somewhat agree with you. Pollard is better than Zeke in every way. This ide that Pollard can't run inside is overblown.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

I agree with everything you said except about Steele. He hasn't had a penalty since week 1 and has played really well. Martin is the best on the OL but Steele has been the next best.....

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I think we need to re-think our passing attack. The TE group is currently better than the WR group and the play calling should reflect that. That's not to say we don't have talented wr's it's that we definitely don't have Julio and Megatron. Good DB's are smothering us. Adjust the playbook and accommodate the TE's and RB's.
You don't need all pros to have a good passing attack. Good coaches scheme players open. Moore playcalls everything vertical. Relying on players beating coverage one on one

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
He did get beaten on a spin move by Hutchinson for a sack. I think he also gave up another pressure as well. It was probably his worst game since the Tampa game, and it still wasn't really that bad so I think it's definitely overblown to consider him a problem.
My issue with him is penalties. Forget the game but he had 4 penalties in 1 game

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
On LVE, I thought he was active again today and don't think he's playing as poorly as some here think. The secondary on the other hand was shaky on tackling, namely Brown.

LVE is active, but his positioning is bad. He either overruns the play or waits for the play to come to him instead of attacking. In both cases, it's causing him to get taken out of the play. I think a better LB stops a lot of these runs. Akoye's video from last week clearly shows what LVE is doing to hurt the run defense.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It's really not overblown at all. Today was a clear picture that he can't get the tough yards

Well so the same thing applies to Zeke. Pollard sparked the offense with that long run. Zeke can barely break a tackle.