CFZ My Thoughts 9.28

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Have to give Moore some credit for his 2nd halF playcalling, the first half was just plain awful. Where has this play action been all yr? Where were these routes that are designed to get players open? Hopefully he sticks with this type of play calling when Dak returns.

Cooper Rush is taking what the defense gives him. He has done as good as you can hope. But let's not go over board, NY had 3 or 4 balls that could've been ints. You can see they have him on a 1 read and check down. But going with that play action in the 2nd half Def helped wrs to get open cause NY was biting on it. That's what happens when you run the ball play action works.

Tyler Smith is playing like a veteran. As much as itnpains me to say, Tyron has lost his job. And I'm sure he will retire this offseason. You see what dallast alked about when they drafted him, shows you that this team knows what it's doing. The way he was down the field 10-15 yards on pulls and down blocking is great to see and he's still a rookie. Watching him and Peters together was an insane load of power blocking for the run game.

Lamb had a night and day game. He was terrible in the first half and unstoppable in the 2nd. I have to think somebody got in his you know what at halftime.

The running game will work if Moore doesn't abandon it. And will help his passing game with the playaction as we saw in the 2nd half. Elliot will give all you want inside the tackles, and Pollard will give you the edge. You just have to use them that way.

Lawrence came alive and dominated this game until he got hurt. We went back in the game he wasn't the same. He humiliated Neal. Your 7th overall pick shouldn't be dominated like that.

Vander Esh is the weaklink in this defense. Not really his fault but he just can't be aggressive because of his neck. That's why he'll just wait for contract instead of initiating it. If rather see Barr and Cox in there. Allow Cox to get experience.

Hurts me to say this but Jourdan Lewis should be benched for Bland. Wether it's injuries or just bad play it shows.

Donovan Wilson is playing really good. He was all over the field and in the backfield getting pressures all game.

This team Definatley needs to put more emphasis on fundamentals abs figure out these penalties. Speaking about penalties is insane with 27 pressures the giants only committed 1 holding penalty.

rags747

Reaction score
Have to give Moore some credit for his 2nd halF playcalling, the first half was just plain awful. Where has this play action been all yr? Where were these routes that are designed to get players open? Hopefully he sticks with this type of play calling when Dak returns.

Cooper Rush is taking what the defense gives him. He has done as good as you can hope. But let's not go over board, NY had 3 or 4 balls that could've been ints. You can see they have him on a 1 read and check down. But going with that play action in the 2nd half Def helped wrs to get open cause NY was biting on it. That's what happens when you run the ball play action works.

Tyler Smith is playing like a veteran. As much as itnpains me to say, Tyron has lost his job. And I'm sure he will retire this offseason. You see what dallast alked about when they drafted him, shows you that this team knows what it's doing. The way he was down the field 10-15 yards on pulls and down blocking is great to see and he's still a rookie. Watching him and Peters together was an insane load of power blocking for the run game.

Lamb had a night and day game. He was terrible in the first half and unstoppable in the 2nd. I have to think somebody got in his you know what at halftime.

The running game will work if Moore doesn't abandon it. And will help his passing game with the playaction as we saw in the 2nd half. Elliot will give all you want inside the tackles, and Pollard will give you the edge. You just have to use them that way.

Lawrence came alive and dominated this game until he got hurt. We went back in the game he wasn't the same. He humiliated Neal. Your 7th overall pick shouldn't be dominated like that.

Vander Esh is the weaklink in this defense. Not really his fault but he just can't be aggressive because of his neck. That's why he'll just wait for contract instead of initiating it. If rather see Barr and Cox in there. Allow Cox to get experience.

Hurts me to say this but Jourdan Lewis should be benched for Bland. Wether it's injuries or just bad play it shows.

Donovan Wilson is playing really good. He was all over the field and in the backfield getting pressures all game.

This team Definatley needs to put more emphasis on fundamentals abs figure out these penalties. Speaking about penalties is insane with 27 pressures the giants only committed 1 holding penalty.
Best thing you said was Tyler Smith, seeing him downfield making 3 key blocks is just goodness. So glad that they took the chance on the rookie who had no preseason training at tackle. This dude can play bigtime football.

Carson

Reaction score
Best thing you said was Tyler Smith, seeing him downfield making 3 key blocks is just goodness. So glad that they took the chance on the rookie who had no preseason training at tackle. This dude can play bigtime football.
It’s amazing to me.

I wanted Surtain over Parsons and I wanted Jermaine Johnson or Devin Lloyd over Smith.

All good players, but Parsons and smith seem like staples of this team for 10+ years

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I was irritated when he chose 73 because allen is my favorite Cowboy all time. And still a little irritated but he hasn't let the number down.

ondaedg

Reaction score

The running game has to work or Rush/Dak will see 8 defenders covering 3 receivers like we did against Tampa and every game after Denver last season.

Carson

Reaction score
Thibodeaux and Ojalari were shut down . OLine played a game . Ran the ball and kept a clean pocket for Cooper.
I really am surprised by this. I was definitely one of those thinking those two guys would go wild against our offensive line.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There wasn’t 2-3 near ints by the giants at all. Not sure what u are looking at

FanofJerry

Reaction score
It’s amazing to me.

I wanted Surtain over Parsons and I wanted Jermaine Johnson or Devin Lloyd over Smith.

All good players, but Parsons and smith seem like staples of this team for 10+ years

Seen decent minutes of two Denver games...Surtain's name was constantly being mentioned. Looks like the hype was justified on this character. Personally have watched him do multiple pass breakups already.

quickccc

Reaction score

- i'm not sure Tyron Smith is retiring .. but i'm more leaning towards that the Cowboys will be cutting him per cap casualty.
Tyron is a sure fire HOF'er, .. and We've cut or allowed prominent legendary names to move on in the past, ala Aikman, Emmitt, Romo, Dez Larry Allen, etc.
Tyron should not...will not be any exception.
i can see Tyron signing up as a FA with another NFL team on a one year, incentive laden deal. ..at the least.

- With Donovan Wilson ... we are gonna lose him to FA in offseason .. he's making future money and some NFL team is gonna sign him to a big contract.
Also .. what happens when Kearse is healthy and ready to return ? Are we benching Donovan ? ... are we benching Kearse ?

Sure we play a 3 safety sub package per nickel ..but Kearse and Hooker are the two starters at safety ... It's a great luxury problem to have .

- Cox cannot even get onto the playing field, how is he gonna replace LVE?
..and Jabril played in the preseason and camp, so i'm not buying the ACL still recovery bit.
and if there's a setback such as unforeseen swelling, etc That could mean he is done for this year and possibly his career threatening.

i just don't think the club likes Jabril Cox .... even before last year's ACL injury, he only got a mere 8 snaps...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaking about penalties is insane with 27 pressures the giants only committed 1 holding penalty.
giphy.gif

817Gill

Reaction score
Really random Jourdan Lewis criticism lol their WR’s didn’t do anything special. We have such unrealistic expectations for CB’s, no one is going to shut out an NFL WR.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The running game has to work or Rush/Dak will see 8 defenders covering 3 receivers like we did against Tampa and every game after Denver last season.
Well he has to keep calling running plays to give it a chance to work