1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The best Sports Newswire on the internet!
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on a slim view

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Aug 10, 2018 at 8:43 AM.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

12,910 Messages
    5,785 Likes Received
    There really wasnt much to view on the core players who will be the impact of this team. But this is what im thinking.

Dak and Gallup are going to cause alot of problems for opposing teams.That TD pass was picture perfect. That wasnt no scrub covering either. I had to watch on the the niners channel and the announcers were saying Ward lost the ball in the sun, but asnt Gallup looking into the same sun? lol

Connor Williams got beat early pretty bad by Buckner for a sack but he settled down and looked solid.

Again ill say this, I can understand why the team drafted Vander Esch with the health history of Lee and Jaylon's rehab going over a yr. But if only they would've waited a little longer. Jaylon is back 100%. He is flying around and is playing with power. He's going to be a difference maker this yr. I dont see the middle run def being a issue this yr with him there.

Safety is a problem. This team needs Earl Thomas, and i hope they can see it. Give SEA that conditional 4th that turns into a 3rd. You get one of the best s' in the NFL. With Lawrence on the DL, Lee in the middle and Thomas on the backend there would be a leader on every level of the defense. Having that alpha who leads by example on the field is much more important iMO than sheer talent. You can have all the talent in the world but if ur not sure on what to do its pointless.

Anthony Brown? I see nothing different than what he's shown every sunday. He cant cover, and he def cant cover in the slot. He will get eaten alive by faster WR's in the slot. He is a outside guy.

And my final thought is, If lastnights game was a real game, Dallas destroys the niners and brings Garoppolo back to earth.

Gonna enjoy this yr with the entitled sent packing and a team full of young guys who are hungry and some fighting to start.

408Cowboy, chagus, 817Gill and 30 others like this.
  2. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

11,231 Messages
    9,929 Likes Received
    :star:

3. Darkhound

Darkhound Well-Known Member

683 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    Hopw you are right

Melonfeud likes this.
  4. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

50,115 Messages
    12,869 Likes Received
    I definitely agree on Jaylon and Earl Thomas. Jaylon looked like a different person out there, OMG!

5. D_Boyz

D_Boyz Well-Known Member

188 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    I watched it with the niners broadcast announcers as well, and first thing i thought about was that gallup was facing the same sun. Jourdan Lewis didnt play all that great either. Jaylon was a beast last night. Now that win vs the eagles seems foolish cause we could've had a chance at Derwin James instead of LVE.

6. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

8,955 Messages
    5,338 Likes Received
    Gallup looked good
    He beat another defender for what should have been a big play but rush missed him
    Austin looked like he can be a part of the offense and not just a gadget guy
    Connor as we all knew needs to add strength but plays with good technique

7. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

9,282 Messages
    4,609 Likes Received
  8. Falco78

Falco78 Well-Known Member

376 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Very impressive outing! We do need ET though and that is clear

TwoDeep3 and Proof like this.
  9. Jkyle

Jkyle Well-Known Member

223 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    It's going to take a 2nd and another pick to get ET from the Seahawks. Maybe a 3rd or a 4th too.

Ranching likes this.
  10. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

14,336 Messages
    36,016 Likes Received
    The pass to Gallup was short. If the db hadn't of got lost it would have been a pick. Should have led him and not placed it at his hip. I'm rooting for them but I'm not wearing my rose colored glasses this morning.

11. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid Zone Supporter

8,310 Messages
    8,508 Likes Received
    If the Hawks were willing to trade Earl for a conditional 4th, the trade would have been made long before now.

12. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

9,616 Messages
    8,526 Likes Received
    Fans cant just be happy for the current team without taking digs at players who are no longer here but played their hearts out for the fans. Sad.

13. Staggerlee

Staggerlee chip_gilkey

2,634 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    How was it short? You had the safety coming over the top so it wasn't like Dak should've just thrown it to the endzone and let Gallup run and get it.

Look at the throw, Dak let it go 16 yards ahead of where Gallup was at the time, Gallup does a slight stop and go to get past the cb and the ball was on the money. He didn't have to slow down to catch it once he started up his route again to get past the cb.

Now sure the cb certainly could've made a play on the ball or contested it if he didn't just completely blow the play by not looking for the ball, but it wasn't an underthrown ball, at least not in my eyes.

14. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

24,632 Messages
    32,683 Likes Received
    I think last night, overall, was a really good start to preseason.

15. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

24,632 Messages
    32,683 Likes Received
    True.

But the longer the threat of Thomas not playing, Seattle might have to settle.

I think that's what Dallas is doing here. I think they are waiting out Seattle as long as they can. The risk is that either Seattle is stubborn and never makes a move or someone swoops in and grabs him.

817Gill, AmishCowboy and WillieBeamen like this.
  16. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

50,115 Messages
    12,869 Likes Received
    And Aikman's pass to Irvin in the first super bowl was high and short, but Irvin made a fantastic play, spin, and touch down. No one cares about how the pass looks, did it get there?

17. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

24,632 Messages
    32,683 Likes Received
    I am not even sure if that Dak pass was even "short" to begin with.

VACowboy likes this.
  18. davidariust24

davidariust24 Active Member

144 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Anthony brown actually played well until the 2 penalties. The holding and the PI. I don't want him to dial down his aggression but he needs to find ways to avoid the PI's

America's Cowboy likes this.
  19. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

50,115 Messages
    12,869 Likes Received
    It was perfect, but this is for the Super over analytical trolls out there.

VACowboy, Fletch, Blake and 1 other person like this.
  20. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

14,336 Messages
    36,016 Likes Received
    No one cares until it gets picked off and then you'll cry like a little .......

Verdict, Slim_JD and starcity214 like this.