My thoughts on last night

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the stats column we:
  • Had fewer offensive plays
  • Had fewer yards, running and passing
  • lost time of possession
We only won the game because of turnovers; the offense was pretty much ineffective for the fourth time in the past five weeks.

I'll take any win but we are not winning any playoff games with performances like this.
There is no doubt the defense won that game. Now.....they played their #2 QB with a splint and missing both of his tackles....for starters.

Our offense had one good drive and one other great play. That's it. We got the win...fine....happy with that. But now we got to go forward....how? 10 days off and a regroup.....will hopefully help.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I never want to hear again anyone question the value of Amari Cooper. His loss was huge! Even if he doesn't get a catch, he frees up others.
His instant effect on the game was amazing. And has been since he came here.

That pass ignited the offense. I just wish he could play more.

foofighters

Reaction score
Why is it that the offense looked horrible rather than the saints defense matched up well against them. They shut down the run and tackled everything on the spot. Pollard and zeke were not breaking any tackles. They usually do
Long developing pass plays. Runs that are not designed to take advantage of the over pursuit of the defense. Dak holding the ball way too long. He even admitted to doing it. If it wasn't for a 3rd string QB that was throwing picks all over because of a hurt finger, this game would have been closer. If we play like this in January, it's going to be a short post season.

buddieluver

Reaction score
Hopefully with big mike sitting at home watching Troy critique the refusal to run the ball they will figure something out.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
There is no doubt the defense won that game. Now.....they played their #2 QB with a splint and missing both of his tackles....for starters.

Our offense had one good drive and one other great play. That's it. We got the win...fine....happy with that. But now we got to go forward....how? 10 days off and a regroup.....will hopefully help.

I like Hill. He is fun to watch. When he was filling in for breeze, he caused lots of defenses problems. His runs were pretty amazing. Although he pissed me off when slid into and took out one of our defenders legs. I hate how protected qbs are.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Long developing pass plays. Runs that are not designed to take advantage of the over pursuit of the defense. Dak holding the ball way too long. He even admitted to doing it. If it wasn't for a 3rd string QB that was throwing picks all over because of a hurt finger, this game would have been closer. If we play like this in January, it's going to be a short post season.

There were plays that got shut down and bad play calls, but there were some amazing plays. Gallups td, pollards run, lamb had some great plays, shultz had good catches

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There were plays that got shut down and bad play calls, but there were some amazing plays. Gallups td, pollards run, lamb had some great plays, shultz had good catches
Yep...some really good plays and throws AND catches. That pass to lamb ended up in his belly WTH!

I loved how lamb played that defender all the way downfield. Brilliant!

We just need to be more consistent.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Is it just me or does the offensive system seem to have reverted back to more vanilla type passing routes. The last few weeks have looked more like a Garrett style offense where wrs just run to a spot and turn around. There have not been many or any creative plays designed to fool the defense.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Then dont get excited. Its only a W in the conference. On the road. After 3 games in 12 days. No reason to be excited.
"Everything is okay. Everything is okay. Everything is okay" with deep breaths in between.

That's what you're really trying to say.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
In the stats column we:
  • Had fewer offensive plays
  • Had fewer yards, running and passing
  • lost time of possession
We only won the game because of turnovers; the offense was pretty much ineffective for the fourth time in the past five weeks.

I'll take any win but we are not winning any playoff games with performances like this.
Finally, somebody that has some sense.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it just me or does the offensive system seem to have reverted back to more vanilla type passing routes. The last few weeks have looked more like a Garrett style offense where wrs just run to a spot and turn around. There have not been many or any creative plays designed to fool the defense.
Yep. I watch the other team run pick plays and wonder....do we even know what that is?

GMO415

Reaction score
This offense went from a hero to a zero overnight.

foofighters

Reaction score
Pretty sure NO's offensive stats were better than ours. Our offense has sputtered and doesn't have any momentum as we go into December. but you're right, let's feel amazing about 8 plays!