My thoughts

BHendri5

Reaction score
This team cannot make the playoffs with Owens. Witten is a vital part but Tony Curtis(the actor) could do a decent job, yes it would be a drop off, but not that significant, and once Bennett really gets everything down pat, there will be no dropoff, I'm not saying Bennett would get it all down this season.

Our offense even with Barber, Felix and Witten getting touches, just does not click unless Owens is involved early and often.

So we need the back side receivers to start making teams pay for their defensive strategy on Owens, and we need for Romo to look and them more, if they cannot get open, then pull the trigger and get a guy that can make defenses pay.

SlwSVT

Reaction score
Our offense is fine, our coordinators need to figure out how to get Owens open and he alos needs to beat some double teams. For the most part D's are picking to limit Owens and take there chance with the run. Our run offense when we have not abandoned it, has been dominant. I believe after 5 games we lead the NFL in points scored.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I think Romo is nervous throwing to TO while he's being doubled, that's why his passes are typically off when Owens is running a drag route which always beats a double team, unless they drop the LBs in a middle zone, Owens is opened even during double teams, but you have to connect when you have the chance.

He was being doubled on the slant where he scored, except this time, the pass was perfectly thrown.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
BHendri5;2311781 said:
This team cannot make the playoffs with Owens.

Your thoughts are wrong.

They did it last year.

/thread

Edit: If you meant "without", yeah its obvious. We also need another WR to step up.