MySa Blog: Keith Davis ready for more big plays

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Davis ready for more big plays

With Roy Williams returning to practice last week, Keith Davis knows his time as Dallas' starting strong safety is limited.

But if the Sam Houston State alum continues to play like he did last week in the 31-22 victory over Cincinnati, doesn't coach Wade Phillips need to find a way to get him more time on defense?

"I thought (Davis) played well," Phillips said last week. "I knew he would. He played for us last year and (started) the Carolina game (December 22) and we won that game and he played well. He came in and did the same thing."

Davis earned a 90 percent grade for his play against the Bengals, the highlight of which was his break up on a 2-point conversion pass after the Bengals pulled within 24-22 with 7:45 left.

Davis got the start in place of Pat Watkins, who was sidelined with a neck injury. Watkins had replaced Williams in the starting lineup after Williams fractured his right forearm in Week 2 against Philadelphia.

"Who knows what's going to happen from here, but I enjoyed myself," Davis said. "I’m going to work hard and if they need me to play back there, I’m going to do my job."

Comments [0 Posted]: Read - Post

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
He played a good game against the Begnals. Hes a monster on special teams, but has done a solid job filling in for RW. I hope he continues to step up and succeed, you gotta love Killa.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2325961 said:
All he did was flail his arms around in the corner of the end zone.......

I'm beginning to question if you think any player does good on this team.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score

actually he showed well to stick with his man, showed awareness of what the reciever was doing and where the ball was, showed good timing to bat it down, and maintained balance to not pass interfere

I'd finish you off with a barrage of curse word laced name callings, but yeah..

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score

no, he watched the TE's eyes and put his arms up, because he saw in the TE's eyes that the ball was nearing

that's how you cover when your back is turned to the QB

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2326040 said:
no, he watched the TE's eyes and put his arms up, because he saw in the TE's eyes that the ball was nearing

that's how you cover when your back is turned to the QB

Keith Davis sucks.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
"I knew he would. He played for us last year and (started) the Carolina game (December 22) and we won that game and he played well. He came in and did the same thing."
Say about average. I suppose he played about as well as you could hope a backup would play but he missed some tackles and gave up some plays. Of course he made a play or two but on the whole, I'd say about average.

Love KD though.

Rudy

Reaction score
I love Killa. He's taken more bullets than 50cent and is still better in coverage than no.38.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2326074 said:
that's why he's a backup

but discrediting the ripping off superpunk awesomness /rip of that play is ********

IDK i think 9/10 he doesn't make that play.