MySa Blog: Pacman trying too hard?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pacman trying too hard?

IRVING - Cowboys coach Wade Phillips conceded that Pacman Jones' drop of a sure interception against the Bengals could be a sign he's trying too hard to make a play.

"Maybe a little bit," Phillips said. "He's a real competitor, I think you can see that. I think it will come for him. He keeps trying to do better and better. He's been thrown into starting for a defense he never played for before, and did a good job. I don't know how many break-ups he's had. He's had quite a few of those."

Phillips scoffed at the notion Jones doesn't have good hands.

"He obviously can catch a ball," Phillips said. "Anybody who can catch punts like he can can catch a ball."

With Pro Bowl corner Terence Newman likely sidelined again for Sunday's game at Arizona, Jones should get plenty of opportunities to atone for his drop against the Bengals.

Comments [0 Posted]: Read - Post

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I'm pleased that Pacman is playing so well that he might be our best defensive player right now. It also worries me given the fact he's the one guy that is a single slipup away from being dismissed from the league.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
newmans out again?! geebus i want to see Newman on the left and Pac on the Right and see the fits offensive cord have, not to mention worrying about Ware and Spence coming from the edges...ohhh boy :D

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Pacman has been our best db so far this season and i expect it to conitnue whenever tnew comes back.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Rampage;2317256 said:
Pacman has been our best db so far this season and i expect it to conitnue whenever tnew comes back.
A healthy Newman is our best CB. Right now, Pacman isn't playing near the level Newman has generally played the last few years.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
RainMan;2317243 said:
I'm pleased that Pacman is playing so well that he might be our best defensive player right now. It also worries me given the fact he's the one guy that is a single slipup away from being dismissed from the league.

Sorry, but that is Jay Ratliff, hands down.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2317269 said:
A healthy Newman is our best CB. Right now, Pacman isn't playing near the level Newman has generally played the last few years.
Pac isn't a 100% either. he's still knocking off rust. did you see him man up on 85 in the 1st half last sunday? just wait till he starts catching the ball again.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2317269 said:

And I'm for keeping Newman out until he is healthy. I think the news about him shows one reason Washington was having so much success against him.

He needs to understand that he doesn't have to rush back, and let himself heal for when we will really need him the most.

utrunner07

Reaction score
the kid 05;2317244 said:
newmans out again?! geebus i want to see Newman on the left and Pac on the Right and see the fits offensive cord have, not to mention worrying about Ware and Spence coming from the edges...ohhh boy :D
:lmao2::lmao2:our D is not scaring or giving anyone fits right now, and guess what, having Newman is not going to make that much difference. Everyone on the D is under performing, until the entire unit starts to step it up the presence of Newman is going to do very little.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
utrunner07;2317307 said:
:lmao2::lmao2:our D is not scaring or giving anyone fits right now, and guess what, having Newman is not going to make that much difference. Everyone on the D is under performing, until the entire unit starts to step it up the presence of Newman is going to do very little.
Strange, I thought I had you on ignore. Well, now I do...