Nagy: Horn is the top corner

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This needs its own thread for my Disturbed friends.

Senior Bowl Director Jim Nagy just stated that if he was starting a DB room he'd take Jaycee Horn over Patrick Surtain or Caleb Farley. Said he's better in press man or off man coverage but what really separates him is the confidence he plays with and his swagger.

Gaede

Reaction score
That is really interesting.

I'd take any of them - Farley, Surtain, Horn - on the team, personally.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Ah, we've reached that point of the talent evaluation process. Start picking good players and over hyping them in the hopes you're right down the road. His swagger and confidence are his best traits no doubt. I'd prefer my corners best trait was, you know, covering WRs.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah well, Farley can find the ball....which is rare for a Dallas DB.

This is similar, yet a player or two shy of 2008.

Talib, Cromartie, Jenkins, Flowers...who am I forgetting?

All very average. Talib somehow had a bit of longevity.

Aven8

Reaction score
I heard this from an article on Inside the Star as well. He had Horn as his top corner too. First time I had saw that.

Carson

Reaction score
I heard this from an article on Inside the Star as well. He had Horn as his top corner too. First time I had saw that.

Honestly it’s all preference to your scheme between the 3

Brooksey

Reaction score
He's fun to watch... tough aggressive kid. Love the way he looks for and plays the ball vs Farley's "head not turned/face guarding technique"

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
This needs its own thread for my Disturbed friends.

Senior Bowl Director Jim Nagy just stated that if he was starting a DB room he'd take Jaycee Horn over Patrick Surtain or Caleb Farley. Said he's better in press man or off man coverage but what really separates him is the confidence he plays with and his swagger.
He got Moxie...

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Horn certainly has the ability to be the best in the class. I don’t see a lot of separation between Farley, Surtain, or Horn. I do think their individual workouts will be big. People assume that Farley is going to outclass these guys from an athletic standpoint. But if that’s not the case I think it becomes a true toss up.