Name One Thing This Defense Does Well

Blackspider214

Reaction score
What exactly does this defense do well? I can not think of one single thing. It surely isn't forcing turnovers. We don't tackle well. Minimal pressure on the QB. We aren't aggressive. Every single coach/QB knows our defense and they know we don't adjust. Secondary never makes any plays at all. Especially on the ball. Safeties are probably the worst in the league. So many bone headed plays. They do nothing to help this offense. I know they have a lot of issues and everyone focuses on them but this defense is downright pathetic and have been for years. Their goal is to keep everything in front of them. We don't create turnovers to flip the field and change momentum. And actually scoring themselves? That is a foreign concept to this defense. Even if we force a punt, the offense every single drive has to drive 3/4 of the field or longer. That is not a recipe for success. We don't force quick 3 and outs.

And I think you can lump the special teams in this. They are also horrible. Punter/kicker are terrible. We can't return kicks or punts at all. And even if we do, they are usually called back. This offense always has a daunting task in front of it and that is to drive the ball the length every dang time.

This secondary after playing the likes of Eli, Keenum, Rosen/Fitz, Darnold, we have one single interception. And that was off a dropped pass deflection by Tedd Ginn. We are at the bottom of the league year after year in interceptions.

I might be missing something so someone help me out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What exactly does this defense do well? I can not think of one single thing. It surely isn't forcing turnovers. We don't tackle well. Minimal pressure on the QB. We aren't aggressive. Every single coach/QB knows our defense and they know we don't adjust. Secondary never makes any plays at all. Especially on the ball. Safeties are probably the worst in the league. So many bone headed plays. They do nothing to help this offense. I know they have a lot of issues and everyone focuses on them but this defense is downright pathetic and have been for years. Their goal is to keep everything in front of them. We don't create turnovers to flip the field and change momentum. And actually scoring themselves? That is a foreign concept to this defense. Even if we force a punt, the offense every single drive has to drive 3/4 of the field or longer. That is not a recipe for success. We don't force quick 3 and outs.

And I think you can lump the special teams in this. They are also horrible. Punter/kicker are terrible. We can't return kicks or punts at all. And even if we do, they are usually called back. This offense always has a daunting task in front of it and that is to drive the ball the length every dang time.

This secondary after playing the likes of Eli, Keenum, Rosen/Fitz, Darnold, we have one single interception. And that was off a dropped pass deflection by Tedd Ginn. We are at the bottom of the league year after year in interceptions.

Forget.

They forget exceedingly well.

The forget when they get their ***** kicked and still run their mouths.

They forget they're not good, and make up ridiculous nicknames for themselves.

They forget that they suck and some still have the nerve to pose, all dressed up, prior to the next *** kicking.

They forget real well.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Well, this defense actually does do a lot of things well, including

-Letting the RB run for 20+ yards/allowing big holes
-Allowing 3rd and 4th down conversions
-Getting pass interference calls
-Shooting themselves in the foot
-Not getting turnovers
-Letting QB’s take shots downfield
-Tripping on themselves when trying to tackle someone.

So this team does a lot of things well. Gosh dang it, give them credit :banghead:!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Actually, when it comes to third down conversions, only the Patriots have been better. :rolleyes:

The Cowboys have only allowed 25% of them to be successful. New England is at a ridiculous 14%.

The Atlanta Falcons allow 56% of third downs to be converted.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, this defense actually does do a lot of things well, including

-Letting the RB run for 20+ yards/allowing big holes
-Allowing 3rd and 4th down conversions
-Getting pass interference calls
-Shooting themselves in the foot
-Not getting turnovers
-Letting QB’s take shots downfield
-Tripping on themselves when trying to tackle someone.

So this team does a lot of things well. Gosh dang it, give them credit :banghead:!
Actually we're second in the league third-down conversions, not allowing them

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Third down conversions: only the Patriots have been better.

The Cowboys have only allowed 25% of them to be successful. New England is at a ridiculous 14%.

The Atlanta Falcons allow 56% of third downs to be converted.

Probably because Dallas also allows teams to get 1st and 2nd downs as well. Patriots just straight up dominate.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well ain’t that something. Too bad we’re 3-3 right now, so it’s not looking like that stat is holding up too well.
Going to blame the defense. for not putting up points. I'm not I think the offensive line is upset having issues

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well ain’t that something. Too bad we’re 3-3 right now, so it’s not looking like that stat is holding up too well.
Stat is holding up extremely well you can't change the statistic. What you have to change your logic. I'm not saying we have a great defense I'm saying we have a lousy offense right now

CB61

Reaction score

Gives up yards and scores

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Probably because Dallas also allows teams to get 1st and 2nd downs as well. Patriots just straight up dominate.

Math is hard. :rolleyes:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...ory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-s=DOWN_3RD_PERCENTAGE

The only thing worse than just spewing nonsense is refusing to acknowledge that you were wrong when the evidence is pointed out to you.

We all know the 3-3 record. It doesn't make your comment about third downs any more accurate.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Math is hard. :rolleyes:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...ory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-s=DOWN_3RD_PERCENTAGE

The only thing worse than just spewing nonsense is refusing to acknowledge that you were wrong when the evidence is pointed out to you.

We all know the 3-3 record. It doesn't make your comment about third downs any more accurate.

Well I wanna know why the hell our defense continues to allow 20+ point games? The hell is going on with that, eh? 24 points from the Jets? A sick QB? A bad head coach in Adam Gase? No deep threats? And they allow 24 points?! What about the Green Bay blowout? Sure, blame offense for not putting up points, but the defense allowing 34 point scoring is ridiculous!