Nashville, TN

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Headed there this summer for a week is there any must see things? I'm not a drinker but continue to hear about all the bars and music. How about places to eat or places that Nashville might be famous for? And if anyone has a lead on a really nice campground for RV's. Thanks ya'll

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Headed there this summer for a week is there any must see things? I'm not a drinker but continue to hear about all the bars and music. How about places to eat or places that Nashville might be famous for? And if anyone has a lead on a really nice campground for RV's. Thanks ya'll
I know nothing about Nashville, but if I was going I'd look online to see what they recommend. I assume there's a Nashville.com, or something tourist related.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I know nothing about Nashville, but if I was going I'd look online to see what they recommend. I assume there's a Nashville.com, or something tourist related.

Good Idea! But I usually getting information from people that might know about great mom and pop places. If you are ever in Myrtle Beach, SC I found the greatest little place by asking on a forum called "The Grilled Cheese and Crab cake company". My goodness it is the best place I have ever eaten and is a yearly tradition.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good Idea! But I usually getting information from people that might know about great mom and pop places. If you are ever in Myrtle Beach, SC I found the greatest little place by asking on a forum called "The Grilled Cheese and Crab cake company". My goodness it is the best place I have ever eaten and is a yearly tradition.
I get what you're saying. I just don't know how many people here have that type of intimate knowledge about Nashville, so I was offering a fallback. :)

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
When you get back add some of your experiences to the vacation thread for the next person who might go to Nashville. :thumbup:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nashville Hot Chicken is a must have or you can't claim you were ever there. Tour the sequin mines that Dennis Miller made famous. Printers Alley is a good place to hang downtown, hit the Grand Ole Opry in overalls and tour the Big Hair Museum.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nashville Hot Chicken is a must have or you can't claim you were ever there. Tour the sequin mines that Dennis Miller made famous. Printers Alley is a good place to hang downtown, hit the Grand Ole Opry in overalls and tour the Big Hair Museum.
I was thinking about mentioning that you might be someone to ask about this.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking about mentioning that you might be someone to ask about this.
I am someone to talk to about anything because I make stuff up when I don't have answers. But in this case, the Printers Alley and Hot Chicken are the real deal. Hattie B's is considered the originator of Hot Chicken and Hot Chicken n Waffles is a dynamite combo.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I am someone to talk to about anything because I make stuff up when I don't have answers. But in this case, the Printers Alley and Hot Chicken are the real deal. Hattie B's is considered the originator of Hot Chicken and Hot Chicken n Waffles is a dynamite combo.
I get what you're saying. I just don't know how many people here have that type of intimate knowledge about Nashville, so I was offering a fallback. :)

Hattie B's will be on my list then. Hey I'm from Charlotte I've seen folks from NY,PA,WV,CA from all over on this forum. So some real Cowboys fans from Nashville telling me where to eat is an absolute must.

I always try to keep track of the great places to eat and have fun.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hattie B's will be on my list then. Hey I'm from Charlotte I've seen folks from NY,PA,WV,CA from all over on this forum. So some real Cowboys fans from Nashville telling me where to eat is an absolute must.

CC isn't from there, but I get the impression he's done some traveling throughout this country.....and the man seems to be a foodie.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But, but, but you said you don't drink so how are you gonna have any fun? You wake up in the morning, that's as good as it's going to get and I refuse to accept that and feel I am doing a public service by altering my mood with demon rum.

Love your city, really pretty and NC is a beautiful state. I travelled to both Carolinas back in the 70s/80's and the contest and declaration about which was the best BBQ reminded me of traveling Alabama and being forced to pick Bama or Auburn, I think the flight attendants make passengers declare when they just pass over any part of the state. So, I quickly went political and declared the best wherever I was and had to keep in mind that SC is famous for the mustard sauce that I love but NC is famous for two different sauces, the thick and sweet and the thin vinegar sauce that I have been making since my first trip to NC back in 1978. Been making a batch every time I run low for 40 years.

Folks in Nashville will try and convince you that their BBQ is as good as Memphis', it is not. Memphis wrote the book on dry rub BBQ.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CC isn't from there, but I get the impression he's done some traveling throughout this country.....and the man seems to be a foodie.
And a drinkie. I have travelled the US and Canada pretty extensively and always loved trying out the indigenous foods and found them to be as promised 90% of the time. Still cannot find a better pizza than a NY pie or a better corned beef than Carnegie's or a better bagel than H&H. But it has been a while since I've been to your neck of the woods but I haven't found any pizza to match the City's and the street pizza is better than anything I've had in Texas.

DFWJC

Reaction score
:laugh:

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Continue driving through Nashville and head East to Gatlinburg :muttley:

We will be passing Gatlinburg to get to Nashville. You are probably right, I love Gatlinburg and the big knife store there in Severville. We stay at that little campground just off I-40 that is on the river. But my father in-law is wanting to do Nashville this year and then we are heading to Lexington, Ky to check out the ARK encounter for a couple days. I guess I should have asked about Lexington as well.